Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:23:55 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Double Dragon « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Double Dragon  (Read 46601 times)
Steve
« on: April 26, 2003, 02:59:23 PM »

Girl is kidnapped by gang, her boyfriend and his brother go after her, kick some ass. A simple yet correct story, perfect for some fun, quick, low-budget action flick. But nooo, somebody decided to throw away everything that was cool about Double Dragon, and made this piece of crap instead!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 1999, 05:54:56 PM »

This movie sucks worse than anything that ever
sucked in my life, and alyssa milano gained
a couple of pounds.
K - Deth
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 1999, 02:19:49 PM »

Finally martial arts and American popular culture meet in a film that is not just a single - star vehicle, but gives each cast member a chance to shine
Danny
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2000, 09:53:57 PM »

Double Dragon is a great Movie!Scott And Mark are very cool as the lee brothers,and Robert Patrick is an awsome villian!
Stefan Robak
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2000, 05:16:15 PM »

I think if a movie is going to based on a game, comic, or cartoon the least they could have done is try to follow the storyline some what (the Double Dragon games don't take place in the future first of all).  changing something to meet the fans and non game playing audience needs are good but only when something won't work well on screen (like a superheroes costume.  They're not going to be the same in the X-Men movie).
Abobo
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2000, 01:58:05 PM »

The best character in the entire movie.  Check out his website at http://www.abobo.com

abobo win
Darien
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2000, 02:33:27 PM »

Well, I thought the movie was pretty bad, myself. Then again there were some funny one liners, like 'I can see you! No you can't!' And the main villian was awesome, and capable of witty banter at any time! I also think that you should have a video clip of the ninja losing his eye!
chuck rock
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2000, 08:04:12 PM »

I just bought the movie on dvd last night, for $5 - i would pay no more for it.  I only bought it for collectors reason.  The Movie is probably one of the most unwatchable pieces of cinema on earth, not only do the fight sequences suck, but so does the acting.  I unlike some of the writers here loved alyssa milano, she was the one saving point...but she was wearing too many clothings to help it.  I was very displeased by the way Abobo was portrayed.  The entire movie has nothing to do with the game, and should be called Double Lizards or some cheep rip off.  Word to your mother. Chuck ROck out.
Danielle
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2000, 10:36:37 PM »

I totally think that Double Dragon was a very cool movie! Unlike what some other people say I think that the acting was great! The fighting sequences were better than I actually thought they were gonna be. Billy and Koga Shuko were oh so hot! I think all of the actors did a very good job. Also, very very funny.
Steve Bentley
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

You know how H. P. Lovecraft wrote that there were things in the universe mankind was not meant to see?  Yep, he was talking about this one...
Fritz
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Why!!! Double Dragon was a big part of my childhood, their was no need to make a film of this (along with Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter).

Maybe Final Fantasy will break the bad video game to movie mould.
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The best thing about this was the fact that Shuko is a girl's name...Think about that the next time you watch it.
Emma
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Always loved this one, don't know why though =)
Kenner
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie is really pathetic. The actionscenes are tired and cliched and Mark Dacascos and Scott Wolf are numb and they try to insert lame comic relief, Robert Patrick is Hammy. And Alyssa Milano (Oscar winner from "Embrace Of The Vampire" :) ) is just plain bad.

The movie might work for kids, but anyone over the age of 12 will be bored to tears.
AlphaWoolf
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The ONE THING that might have given this movie any redeeming value would have been some Alyssa Milano nudity.  Unfortunately for all involved, this is the ONE MOVIE in which she does NOT shed her clothes.  Such a pity.  And yet, for overall entertainment value it beats Van Damme's "Street Fighter" movie (at least no major talents are wasted in this movie).

Ironically enough, to see a truer film adaption (IMO) of the Double Dragon game, check out Van Damme's "Cyborg", perhaps his finest film (that's not saying much, I know).
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Double Dragon « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.