Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:01:35 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Double Dragon « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Double Dragon  (Read 46655 times)
tessai
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2003, 04:02:28 PM »

Did you notice that for brothers the 2 goofballs do not look very much alike.Go figure
Scott Wolf
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I worked hard on this movie, dammit, not as hard as I worked on Mark Dasascos after shooting wrapped up for the day ;) The movie rools and does not suck. If it wasn't for this movie, I woulda never got noticed for Party of Five, besides did anyone ever notice I look kinda like the guy who played DJ's bf in Full House, same first name and everything :) Alyssa Milano looked great, too, in this.
F.C.
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is simply A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! Even if it's far from the Double Dragon arcade games atmosphere, it's still far better than "Street Fighter" and "Mortal Kombat" movies.
Bruce Darren Acosta
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

DOUBLE DRAGON:THE AWFUL LIVE ACTION MOVIE.

There are many reasons that Hollywood are making bad movies based on video games like Street Fighter and Super Mario Bros.Double Dragon is a bad movie,It failed the box office
hit across the globe with a budget of $2.3 million in the US
and $3.6 million around the world nationwide.
This film has awful fight scenes and bad plot.There is no way that the Double Dragon 2 will not be a movie sequel right now.
Screw Double Dragon and Street Fighter.Those games to movie suck.

BRUCE ACOSTA
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AUSTRALIA.

T
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Best comment I ever saw for this film was

"It proves that identical twin brothers can come from different races"

Mark Dascascos is still hot though
Corey
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Along with Super Mario Brothers, this is another one of my guilty pleasures.(I'm a big Marc Dascascos fan. Don't hurt me.)
Felicity
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I rented this movie in the mid-1990s on a day when I was in a really good mood.  I had just recovered from something very depressing and was feeling great.  So I probably enjoyed this movie more than it deserved to be enjoyed.

The only character I really liked was Robert Patrick’s character.  Who would have thought he’d look so good with that ridiculous early-1990s fashion sense?  The bottle-blond pompadour, the Fu Manchu goatee, the hipster/yuppie business suit.

(While I’m at it, what’s the deal with Hollywood casting white guys as Asian villains?  It bothers my friend Ryan a lot more than it bothers me, but then he has a whole thing about Asians.  Is it true colour-blind casting, or is someone really not paying attention to the character names and descriptions?)

However, I also loved the lines:

“It will make you as strong as ten men.”
“I’m *already* as strong as ten men!”

I still quote that bit occasionally.  :-)

I don’t know if I would enjoy this movie as much now that I’m no longer in that great mood.  It has bad writing, bad acting, bad costumes, bad sets, bad effects, and it breaks one of my rules by being set in a post-apocalyptic dystopia.

Why were there two guys who looked like Al Leong, and neither of them was Al Leong?
Cal Smith
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2004, 08:37:35 AM »

The video game was great, Alyssa Milano was hot and the T-1000 from Terminator 2 looked horribly gay.
jmsynth
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Thank God that this movie clearly doesn't take itself very seriously. How else can you explain a Double Dragon arcade machine not only being in the film, but being FOCUSED ON by the friggin' camera. The film had decent special effects considering how cheap it was. Connection to the games is minimal at best, but the film did spawn a spin-off cartoon series! Not a classic, not even among VG movies, but fun.
Cambot99
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Why do one of the brothers look like they're from China(Or Japan, I can't tell the difference)?
Zack
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Holy dammit christmas this is a stinker...

I swear it looks the whole movie was made by the guys who shot the intro of "the fresh prince of Bel-air" just running amok with camera equipment...

and I bet Robert Patrick (Shuko in this) would punch you in the throat for bringing up this film
ByTheWay...
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I think the film AlphaWoolf is thinking of is "Double Impact", that's the one where Van-Damme plays twins, and has a plot similar to the Double Dragon arcade game. "Cyborg" didn't have any twins, or share any other similiarities with "Double Dragon", so I'm sure it was "Double Impact" he was thinking of.

P.S. This film was okay. It was (intentionally) silly, but kind of fun. I'd still rather see this (and the other 90s VG films) then Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, House of the Dead etc.
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2007, 06:07:39 PM »

I watched this film the other day.  I wouldn't say I loved it, but it was interesting to see much of the source material was left out.
Giant Claw Jr
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2008, 11:00:36 AM »

Popular video games turned into a speialy putrid movie JUST WHAT WERE THEY THNKING or at least WHAT TO HECK WERE THEY SMOKING BESIDES WACKY WEED?
CalrissianFoxxSteele
Dedicated Viewer

God

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2011, 01:32:48 AM »

Melissa Milano was so hot in this movie. (she's the only excuse to watch it.)
I don't care what anyone says.
But this movie was absolute crap.
They put a 'Double Dragon' arcade machine in the game, for god sake.
It's a bit of a mindf*ck when you see it and think about the movie itself.

“I’m gonna live a rockstar life. Money, b***hes, and fame. Because my mommy said I can do anything I put my mind to.”
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Double Dragon « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.