Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:17:30 AM
713348 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Green Slime « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: The Green Slime  (Read 88259 times)
Bob
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I have to agree with the guy who said that "Attack of the Mushroom People" was the best Japanese horror flick and "Green Slime" second.  [Yours truely got up at 2:30 AM to record the former off TV since that was the only time they were showing it and hasn't been seen on TV since.]  Luckily "Green Slime" aired at 3:00 PM and wasn't such a red-eye event.  Even got my dad to cut commercials for me until I could get home from school.  That was back in '85.  I treasure that particular tape, and still have it.  Anyway, despite some pretty bad models and some (at best) mediocre acting, it's not that bad a movie.  The plot is believable and interesting.  An observation I made is that everything they did to get rid of the creatures made the problem WORSE!  They should have just let the first one roam around and give it a pet name or something.  :)  How about "Sparky"?   heh...
Charles "Sandy"
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The Green Slime was filmed in Japan when I was in high school and I and some of my friends were extras in the movie. We were the young american nurses and crew members. We would leave the Air base and go to the filming getting a few bucks and seeing the "movie stars" up close.  It was fun to see the film and friends after all the years.  
Stagmom
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

My sister took me to see this movie when I was 5 (she was 9.)  Where were our parents???   I freaked out and the manager had to carry me out of the theatre.   The Green Slime has a special place in our family's "Do You Remember the Time...?"    That theatre manager was still there over 20 years later when I went home to Attleboro Massachusetts and saw a movie at The Union Theatre.   Oh, another memory.  They sold ice cream cones that were completely flat on top and covered with wax paper.  The ice cream was only inside the waffle cone, not extending up so that you could stack them I guess.  No one seems to remember these except my family members!
AlphaWoolf
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The first time I saw this movie as a kid, my family was staying at a Howard Johnson's motel in Orlando, Florida.  Yep, we were spending the week at Disney World (this was when what is now Epcot Center was just swamp).  I don't know how I managed it, but I stayed up late watching this on TV in the darkend room while my family slept.  TGS scared the crap out of me!  Among my many fond memories of that vacation, watching The Green Slime that night in the dark is one my favorites.  Great entertainment today, too.
Michael
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

30th July 2003 and I have just seen this film for the first time.

What an awful film, so bad I just had to keep on watching it. It brought many smiles to my face.

.. and I was nearly late for work !!!

They do not make them like that anymore :)
ratty
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Strange isn't it to be typing a search at 3:19 am  for a memory.  I remembered  the girls at  the British boarding school  where I stayed in one of the cottages named their caped uniforms "green slimes" after the movie. They would run around the marsh in front of the cottage making strange noises and scaring the sheep.
This was in the late 1960's when nearly everyone was behaving erraticly.  I loved those movies.  The very cheesiness of them is more convincing than all the new effects invented since.  It is the symbol of the thing, rather than the real thing that frightens.  The first scary movie I saw that had me climb into my parents bed (they made me go to my room iimmediately as I was 13)was called 'The Tingler'.  The story was when you saw the movie ,  they had wired all the theatre seats with electricity. .but it wasn't true. I saw this movie with a boy who was trying to put his arm on my shoulder. I think I nearly broke his nose when I felt this creeping thing on the back of the seat!!!!
The tingler looked like an animated shellless lobster and it moved like a turtle was hauling it on its back. Still I totally freaked!!!  
kjw
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

You'll go out of your mind with Green Slime.What a great psychedelic song for it's time.From 1969 as well.This is a poor man's version of The Blob basically.Only they don't stay blobs.They turn into what I call half Octaman and half Octopus.Not bad for a Japanese sci fier.Probably the best sci fier out of Japan,seeing how I hate all other sci fi movies that were either filmed in Japan,and or have Japanese actors in them.I don't like the dubbing.

But since this movie made up for what most Japanese horror and sci fi movies don't,which was having all american actors in this film.The dubbing in this one isn't half as bad as most Japanese movies.The only other good horror movie from Japan which starred mostly all amercian actors that I enjoy watching is The Manster.

But I enjoy this movie a little more,because it has the lovely and busty Luciana Paluzzi in it.The monsters aren't half as pretty as her.He he only kidding.
John W. FreemanJr.
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"The Green Slime,"...a nostalgic blast from the past,but as a young child it seemed real at the time and certainly not campy.By today's standards one can certainly laugh out loud,..but technology at that time did not allow for Spielberg or a Lucas.Images of this movie still in my head at 47,...gee how time flys.
R.P.GEMMELL
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

What a piece of junk! I had this film taped from TCM and at first I liked it a lot but now it's a tad off. You get lasers that run out, what the hell?! Also you get models that look like toys. Even so I say that it is not the model makers or the crew's fault, it's the low budget. '2001:A Space Odyssey' made in the same year is well better. Compared to the director's other films such as 'Tora!Tora!Tora!' (1970), 'Shogun's Samurai' (Yagyu Ichizoku No Inbo) (1978), 'Message From Space' (Uchu Kara No Messeji) (1978), 'Virus' (Fukkatsu No Hi) (1980), 'Legend Of The Eight Samurai' (Satomi Hakkenden) (1984), 'Battle Royale' (Batoru Rouiaru) (2001) and many other movies this is just a poor chopsocky that would have benefitted from a higher budget. Even though it is poor it still wouldn't be fair to call it a total mess as we have got to take into consideration that possibly even worse quickies were made at the time.

MY RATING: 4 1/2 OUT OF 10
annie
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Our local theater was running an afternoon showing of 101 Dalmations.  A parent drove all the kids in our neighborhood to the movies, dropped us off and left.  Only problem was, they showed Green Slime instead.  I was the oldest of the bunch, maybe 8 or 9.  I remember trying to be brave as the little kids huddled around me for protection.  I watched Green Slime with one kid hiding her head behind my back and another kid under my chair.  Green Slime left a lasting impression on me.  

thanks for the memories and especailly the video clip...doesn't seem quite so scary anymore.
Michael
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I had seen this film when it was first released in 1968 at the Avalon theater in Brooklyn, NY. I was 10 years old. Now to a ten year old back then, this was great stuff . I mean, you got, space stations,rockets, lazer rifles, space monsters and a really great looking movie poster that had nothing to do with the movie !( but she looked cool in that suit). My cousin Robert and I had a bit we did with the movie song at the beginning. we had recorded the audio of the film when it was on the 4:30 movie here in NY and for some reason just as the song ends and the first words spoken are ...Gereral, the tape had a high pitched whoop sound so everytime we watch the movie we both go ...Gereral..whoop!.Looking at it now, you just have to laugh, but for it's time and budget, it was something.
Rodney Ladson
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

It's a great piece of 70's scifi, which could be redone, into a major scifi event. After all this movie is fun, and packs a nice little punch. What's not to like about this movie, which absolutely doesn't take itself seriously, goes over the top with campy acting and some of the best scifi models around. Some very good actors played their roles to the hilt: Robert Horton, Lucianna Paluzzi, and the Late Richard Jeackel to name a few. I give this film a great recommendation, just beacuse it's a throwback to saturday afternoon matinees, if you want to relive those yester years, you'd be hard pressed to find another film as good or funny. The action in the film ranges from flat out no nonsense militarism, to egg-headed scientist, going ga-ga over a new life form, from the impending doom of the earth being struck by a massive asteriod, to the bickering and infighting jealousy of a pair of unrequited rivals, and a monster that is both unique & deadly, this movie can't be beat.
Tobbe
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2005, 07:00:13 PM »

I want the Green slime soundtrack! Someone that can give me a Link to find it?
Markus
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is NEARLY my all time favourite B Movie (In my specific genre of Sci-fi "So bad it's brilliant"). It's almost got everything. It's missing gratuitous nudity and zombies (look to LIFEFORCE for the perfect B movie IMHO) but makes up for it with dramatic suspense music ("PING!!!") and somehow girlish monsters flapping their arms about- oh and a theme tune right up there with THE BLOB. But I do have a genuine affection for this movie. I love the scene where they lock the scientist behind the door with the monsters and then open it after they've killed him!!! More of those types of "get your men killed" heroes please!

I hear Mystery Science Theatre 3000 did a pilot episode on GREEN SLIME and is impossible to get hold of. Well I hope they release GREEN SLIME on DVD soon.  We need to see the cardboard in digital clarity.

Or how about they remake it, Jerry Bruckheimer style. What a Movie that would be! Or a sequel; GREEN SLIMES. James Cameron could direct.

Shame Arnies past it now, he'd have been perfect as Rankin.

Thanks for the site and the affectionate tribute. You can't take this stuff seriously and actually critise it!

Bring on the DVD!!!

My rating: 9/10 (no nude women or zombies)
grapes
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I was left thinking: When they were building the space station their had to be some pencil pusher back on earth who thought "They're going to need net guns up there".
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Green Slime « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.