Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:55:05 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Maximum Overdrive « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Maximum Overdrive  (Read 77933 times)
kev
« on: July 16, 1999, 02:53:21 PM »

This movie is terrible. The only reason I watched it is because I like AC/DC. It was so boring and tedious - the premise was good, the execution useless.
Warren H.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 1999, 01:54:02 PM »

Hehehe!  Soda Machine of Death!  Steam Roller of Doom!  Green Goblin Truck of . . . Running Over People!  The first act of this movie is 100% pure classic.  The other 2/3, however, get to be boring and repetative.  AC/DC was supremely suited to provide the soundtrack to this wonderful p.o.s.  Wasn't Curt played by a youngish Timothy Busfield?  Timothy Busfield was also in the horrible remake of this: "Trucks."  Poor guy.
Brandon
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 1999, 10:00:52 PM »

I can tell I'm alone on this one, but I love this
film. It's one of thoes "so bad it's good" films.
The fact that AC/DC,one of my all time favorite
bands,did the soundtrack also helps. I agree
somewhat with Warren H. on this one,this movie
begins off pretty good,ya know like an actual
decent movie,but then about half way through it
just kinda runs out of ideas and it just stalls(no
pun intended) for enough time until it gets to the
ending(which is pretty damn lame,they sail off to
an island,weeeeee!). Still,even though it does
peter out about half way through and most of the
excellent AC/DC songs are misused(why the hell is
"For Thoes About To Rock" playing while they go
through a sewer system and what does "You Shook Me
All Night Long" have to do with sailing to an
island? Although other songs like "Who Made Who"
and "Hells Bells" are actually used at fitting
moments),I still watch this movie any time it's on
TV and also ocassionally rent it. BTW,this movie
also responsible for one of the all time worst
lines in horror/sci-fi history: "Imagine you're a
race of aliens." Wooowee,I sure hope that line
wasn't written to be the deep questi
Stefan Robak
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2000, 09:40:00 AM »

You know that Green Joker Truck.  Actually it's face is that of the oldn Spider-Man foe the Green Goblin who killed Spidey's girlfriend and was behind the mind bendingly stupidclone storyline.
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2000, 09:13:15 PM »

THIS IS THE BEST MOVIE IN THE WORLD
Tony
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2000, 03:29:22 AM »

Sorry folks, but this movie is truly a stinker and waste of celluloid! Granted, Stephan King is a master of what he does, which is writing the world's best horror novels. But as a director, he just couldn't cut it sad to say. And thats an understatement! The worst thing about this atrocity is all the bad acting and dialogue, not one bit of it is believable. Like everyone else who posted here, I agree the beginning starts out great and with alot of potential, but from there it goes straight downhill without brakes! And like alot of others, AC/DC is also one of my favs but even they couldn't help this trash. After a while of watching this, I got very bored and was actually rooting for all the machines to kill those idiots! Especially that inane moron Yeardley Smith, better known as the voice of Lisa on the Simpson's. I only feel sorry that Mr. King's directoral debut had to be this stinker! Is it any wonder why he never directed any more movies? You figure it out...
Code Zombie
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I can't believe no one listed the most famous bad line in the entire movie.  The one where Curtis manages to dodge the old truck that tries to hit him and Connie says "Curtis, are you dayd?".  Actually this is one of my favorite flicks.  Sure its a bad movie but its so much fun to watch.

Code Zombie
Chadzilla
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I love this movie so mucking fuch!  It was my favorite release of 1986 (beating out The Fly and Aliens, yes I am a very sick puppy).  I was estatic to learn that it is finally coming out on DVD in a letterboxed edition.  I contacted Anchor Bay to see if they were going to include a commentary track by King and they said they were certainly trying to.  The listing at Amazon does not say one is included, but then again it might be too early to tell.

The softball scene alone is worth the price of admission.  But I do have to admit that the first half of the movie is the best, the rest of it kind of sits there and dies.

Also, the bible salesman does die.  His nasty death scene (where is head splits open like a ripe cantalope) was cut to get that much desired R rating, as were some other rather nasty demises that were a bit too heavy on the sauce.
anonymous
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I guess I'm alone here when I say that not only did I like this film, I liked it all the way through. The scene there the boy, Deke rides through the neighborhood of dead people, (and a wordless AC/DC piece is playing,) the car chase on the highway, with Curt & Connie being persued by one of the many driverless trucks, (again accompanied by another wordless AC/DC music piece,) the part where the jukebox blows up, the part where Deke finds the bible salesman laying in a ditch, the scene where the military vehicle is shooting up the Dixie Boy, and right afterwards when the people are refilling the trucks to the tune of,"Hells Bells", the scene where the trucks make a direct attack on the Dixie Boy while "Shake Your Foundations" plays, the scene at the abadoned diner, and the final confrontation between Billy and one of the trucks, I loved it all. Oh, well. That's just me.
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2001, 10:07:10 AM »

holy god stephen king can make a b movie!  this was great (or horrible).  emelio was best in repo man though
LSDeeDee
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I love this movie.  Its true:  its corny, repetetive, full of fake gore, the acting is terrible (especially by Laura Harrington, Brett).  This is what makes this film so great.  It's campy.  Cheesy.  This is a classic cult horror flick, I can watch again and again.  Who can help but laugh when the electric knife "bites" Wanda June, or the video game "hypnotizes" the kid, just before it electrocutes him. I love this movie, Bubba.
Lostmissy
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2001, 11:38:09 AM »

Not being a stephen king fan but liking emilio (hotty!) I bought this little gem.  the only suspense in this bomb is if you can make it to the end of the movie without oxygen. There are very few watchable minutes in this overlong, overblown,overhyped mishmash of a movie.
Money
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2005, 02:28:07 PM »

I saw this movie today but only half of it but It was not bad of a movie. I give it 4 slime drops.
Salem
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is my fav movie of all time. I was like six when it came out and I have loved if ever since. The errr 'troll truck' is kick A$$. The best movie ever. I give a big hell yea 2 who ever likes this movie!!!
Jesus Thorn
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I liked this movie. . . When I was six. As I have aged, it's become quite drab. The evil elf head on the truck is still cool. And the opening scene on the bridge is brutally wicked. Good stuff. There are some memorable scenes in this one, but I haven't made an effort to watch it since, oh, 1997 or so. Maybe it's about that time again. . . Oh, and when's the last time anyone rented a movie just because Emilio Estevez was in it???
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Maximum Overdrive « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.