Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:22:40 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Maximum Overdrive « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Maximum Overdrive  (Read 77946 times)
WidoW WomaN
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2006, 10:35:07 PM »

OK now as i sit and watch this and notice that the cars dont do crazy s**t and as someone oh here said that was because back then they were not electronic, but when teh kid is going down the street u clearly see a pizza car rammed into a tree. oh well, the movie still kicks ass, 4 a low grade one and King is da man
alex
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

BEST FRIGGING MOVIE EVER! I have it on DVD and I watch it every day.

That score by AC/DC that goes "cha cha cha cha cha cha" was pretty good.
Zack
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2007, 01:19:53 PM »

I admit the coke machine and other things were funny but the best machines were the ice cream truck which seemed so innocent and the military mule with the machine gun attached to it. The movie would have been a lot better if it showed the military base and what the machines did to it pluse where did the catapilar come from and why were the two togather. They should have added a couple police vehicles or an radio controlled helicopter to it chasing the gym teacher or something to give it a kick higher in the funny rating they could have even showed the airplane going after people and was the school bus alive or not.
Maybe I need to get a life, but....
1. the reason the cars didn't turn against the people is cuz cars in the 80's weren't electronic. Rhea-M (the comet) was an electromagnetic frequency.
2. yes, the toy truck had the Green Goblin's face, also, inside the truck was a Green Goblin jack-in-a-box.
3. why didn't anyone question what was going on? they all just accepted it, just as they accept we have to breathe to live. "oh, well, there's an alien comet taking over our electronics b/c their planet has no resources left and they need to kill us. RUN!" no questions asked.
4. did you notice they went to save the creepy salesman & then just left him there anyway when they found the kid?
5. this movie shows how naive humans really are, the trucks spared the people's lives in Dixie Boys so they could have someone to feed them, and when the people gave them their last drop of fuel, the trucks attacked. stupid idiots.
6. did anyone notice the jet crashed into the school bus? that was awesome! almost as cool as the steamrolled kid!

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2007, 07:35:40 PM »

I thought this was a really cool B flick! I saw it the theatre on its initial release,and I LOVED it! Being a metal head(no..not hair band "metal",I'm talking METAL,man!) during the 70's and 8o's,  the AC/DC soundtrack is enuff for me to watch it anytime it's on TV.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2007, 01:38:17 PM »

I always seem to remember that kid falling off his bike and the steamroller rolling over him.   Buggedout

I haven't seen Maximum Overdrive in years.
Might have to pick that one up.     Thumbup
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 01:40:35 PM by Ashthecat » Logged
Gryphon
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2008, 06:07:23 PM »

I'm NOT alone in this, I can see, but I'm ganna throw out my own thoughts:

I love this movie. I've always loved this movie. As a matter of fact, this movie continues to be my favorite movie of all time. Oh, yes, its totally campy, but its all around a damn fun b-flick, and that's all there is to it.

Also, adding to the 'fun moments' of the movie: the pile of broken down cars that still flash their lights; the can-to-nut shot; talking s**t to the truck as it gets filled up...

Its coming to DVD? Sweeeeeet....
Tanya
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2008, 11:46:25 PM »

I enjoyed this movie, but I remember there was a movie or rather at least two movies in a series that had a similar plot, but released around 1982/1983 - 1984 at the latest - on what was First Choice SuperChannel in Canada- I was quite young at the time, but I remember there were more machines - a full tennis ball machine that fired balls at somebody until it was empty.  Things like irons and other kitchen appliances attacking people.  It was a wide spread epidemic.
The movies were so similar to Maximum Overdrive and I have been wondering why no one seems to mention (or remember) the older versions.  I was too young to have such a vivid and violent imagination, so I know they exist somewhere.  I wish someone could remember the title of these movies cause they kinda traumatized me and I would like to watch them again as an adult to get them out of my head!
LoSt187
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2008, 01:01:39 AM »

This movie was bad, but its also one of my favorites. AC/DC's album Who Made Who is the soundtrack, and its pretty damn good. And Stephen King even said this is "a moron's horror movie" when he made it. Still I think this movie kicks ass, just because someone found a rocket launcher in their christmas stocking, bubba.
MaximumOverdriveFreak
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2008, 04:49:08 PM »

this is the best movie ever made
i've been a fan 15 yrs now and it still doesn't bore me
for the ones who like MO should visit my website
www.murdermachines.com
and too my friend's website
www.greengoblinhead.com
he is the owner of the green goblin head used in the movie

keep MO alive!!!
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2010, 02:50:01 PM »

I would pay to see seven heroic samurai defending a village from a flock of flying piranha.

You are not alone.  I'm sure everyone on this site would pay top money to see that!  You know what?  Let's bring this idea to the guys at Sy-Fy Channel and it'll be a sure fired hit!

I actually read the original Stephen King story in the past and I remember that the trucks wanted the people to stay alive so they can be their slaves and constantly repair them or something.  It's been a while.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2010, 04:12:09 PM »

I love this movie that it is just creepy, but it is still a good o' classic case of KILLER MACHINES! forget the killer humans, Killer machines are the best type of Killers out there.

yeah no.
buzzdaly
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2010, 11:25:41 PM »

i love bad movies, but this was a real clunker....i saw it at a preview....it was offered to patrons who had just seen, believe it or not, a woody allen dramady (i for get the name)....when the lights came on after the movie, a pretentious dude in a suit appeared at the front of the theatre, and said, momentuously, that dino d laurentis invited us all to stay and see his latest production...so we stayed....

well, not for long...most of the audience had walked out by the time it was over...i stayed to the bitter end....i remember filling out a comment card and saying that instead of using so much of the budget blowing up tractor trailers, they should have spent a few bucks on a writer, who could write a coherent script. i told them their movie was nothing but puerile claptrap....

i felt sorry for poor pat hingle...i don't think it was ever on his resume....

this movie compared very poorly with george zucco's or rondo hatton's little epics from the 1940s.
Sitting Duck
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2010, 10:58:36 AM »

Your high school lunch room had a jukebox?

On a related matter, I wonder how jukeboxes were affected. Probably played Lawrence Welk nonstop.
Bigmac
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2010, 03:06:29 AM »

I just can't get enough of this movie.  Sure, it's a poorly written, directed and acted hunk of cinematic trash, but something about it just keeps things rolling along.  Maybe it's the killer soundtrack, maybe it's the flashes of Stephen King genius (the dialog in the sewer is very well written and delivered) or maybe it's just watching a lot of mayhem and violence due to massive truck trauma. 

Whatever the reason, this movie somehow elevates itself to cult status.  Don't ask how, just kick back, crack open a beer (or whatever your beverage of choice might be) and enjoy!
Ken Begg
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2010, 07:49:30 AM »

Maybe somebody has mentioned this by now, but the comet that turns big machines murderous was totally ripped off from Killdozer.  Which can be watched on YouTube, search under "Killdozer 1974".
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Maximum Overdrive « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.