Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:43:13 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Gamera vs Guiron « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Gamera vs Guiron  (Read 64855 times)
George
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2009, 03:06:35 PM »

I've said a lot of things about this particular Gamera movie,I have always liked the original Gamera series,especially Return of the Giant Monsters.

But I also have a fondness for this one because I never saw until 1985,taped it,the UHF channel was comming clear as a bell!,yet I knew something wasn't right about the Guiron Gaos fight,so when the redubbed SF version was on the Sci-Fi station,I just taped that 2mins and put it on my AIP version.

In a way Sandy Frank did some good,giving us Gamera vs. Zigra,Speed Racer,Legend of the Dinosaurs,and a whole host of bad movies for MST3K.

Destroy All Planets and Attack of the Monsters were not the original concept.
After the huge success of Gamera vs. Gaos Daie made two live shows called Invasion of the Virains and Terror on Planet Terra staring everybodies favorite turtle Gamera!,since they were live,they couldn't splice them into movies.For a half hour each Saturday an episode was shown,this was the latter half of 1967 & early 1968.

When Daie announced they were going to make movies from these two matinee features,the kids of Japan couldn't be happier!.

However by that time,for some reason,Masaichi Nagata and 3 other daie workers,(thankfully not Noriaki Yuasa),were using company founds to bribe public officials and who knows for what other things ,you can read a little about that over at Sci-Fi Japan News.

Thankfully AIP was still in the monster making mood,they helped Daie with 3 of there last 4 Gamera movies,Destroy All Planets,(really made on the cheap,with mostly stock footage from the original 3 Gamera films,with new scenes filmed in outer space and on beach front property).
Attack of the Monsters though had a little more ump,thanks to financial help from AIP,they also gave financial backing for Gamera vs. Monster-X as well.

However after that AIP sinced the trend in movies was moving away from monsters,in 1971 they chose Godzilla vs. Headarh over Gamera vs. Zigra as there final monster entry in there long and distinguished career of giving us some of the best and memorable monster classic ever to be seen on Creature Feature!.
david G
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2009, 12:59:03 AM »

Things I also learned from this movie
* Gaos is made from easy cutting organic Foam. LOL
  also I love Myst3k
           DG
venomx
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2009, 01:00:30 PM »

This is my favorite Gamera movie! I have the uncut VHS version! (total bloodfest)

IMO the DVD version sucks.
George
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2010, 11:30:37 PM »

I have a somewhat good VHS tape of Attack of the Monsters,you might say I was the first one to put the Sandy Frank 2mins. of Gurion chopping Gaos onto the AIP version,I asked Fred Olen Ray why he didn't put that in his Gamera double feature with Destroy All Planets,he told me he wasn't allowed to tamper with Sandy Frank films,to this day I have my doughts about that.

However with Keith Picozzi it was different,I gave him that 2mins. and he put it in his AIP version,I also gave him the best AIP X-From Outer Space.

He told me he wasn't feeling well and I don't know what if anything if he's still with us or not,Showa Video's changed hands and now it's impossible to get into the websight.

But the last things he did for me were this,he told me to give him the best of my War of the Monsters,and he'd combined it with the best of his,the result,I now have the best true color AIP WOTMs one else will ever see likewise the RKO Mysterains and the real AIP Frankenstine Conquers the World.
My only regret is not giving him my War of the Gargantuas and Godzilla vs. The Thing videos.

judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2010, 11:50:54 PM »

What was the gamera movie where he fought a giant lizard that hatched from an opal, show rainbows of destruction from glowing spines on it's back and blew ice mist from it's tongue? Didn't it eat someone alive in that movie?

BTW, can I get a good image of gamera?  I'd like to do a RPG poster that has a pic of gamera with a caption that reads "GM BURNOUT: When the GMs newest monster is a giant, boar tusked, jet propelled, flying, fire breathing turtle, it's time for him to take a break."
George
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2010, 01:14:23 AM »

To Judge Death it's the second Gamera movie called War of the Monsters,Barugon hatched out of the egg Onadara left under a heatlamp,thinking it was an opel.

Other lizard type monsters Gamera fought were Gurion,Jagir and Zedous.

Jagir forced an egg into Gameras body and two boys went through his body to find and destroy the small monster and help revive Gamera to fight Monster-X before he destroyed the Expo 70 sight.
George
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2010, 01:20:15 AM »

Oh I forgot,Barugon ate the afore mentioned Onadara,who stole the diamond they were trying to lure Barugon into Lake Bea Wha with.
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2010, 02:21:17 AM »

Thanks, george. You can quote messages here if you're replying to them, BTW.
George
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2010, 07:27:37 PM »

You are welcome JD,glad to have been of admirable service!.
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2010, 12:01:28 AM »

Good god, I remember being a snotling and thinking the rainbow ray that came off the lizard's back was the mos awesomely beautiful amazing thing in the entire universe.

Now I look back at it and shudder.

The scene where the guy gets et was actually pretty gruesome and shocking for those days, and in some ways still is. Surprised they let that in a kids movie.

Say, unless that giant lizard could digest diamonds, shouldn't it have come out in a day or so in a big pile of human based feces?

Yeah, yeah, I know. Yuk! (We really need a barfing smiley, you know.)
George
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2010, 08:40:12 PM »

War of the Monsters was never intended to be a child oriented vehicle,but who knows perhaps from the rotting flesh and decaying skulls of dead faces may come forth another Barugon,someday.

Anyway,I don't know what's happened to Keith Picozzi,but Showa Video's changed hands and for some reason the site is impossible to get into,so that means if you wanted the complete AIP version,(with the Sandy Frank 2mins of Gurion chopping Gaos),I hope everyone got it before this happened,I don't know why Retromedia or Alpha Video didn't put that 2mins from the SF version into the AIP version,Keith and I did.
George
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2010, 09:32:10 PM »

I meant to say the AIP version of Attack of the Monsters with the 2mins of Gurion chopping up Gaos from the Sandy Frank version.
Xenorama
Dedicated Viewer

define "bad", please

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2010, 11:18:25 AM »

Destroy All Planets and Attack of the Monsters were not the original concept.
After the huge success of Gamera vs. Gaos Daie made two live shows called Invasion of the Virains and Terror on Planet Terra staring everybodies favorite turtle Gamera!,since they were live,they couldn't splice them into movies.For a half hour each Saturday an episode was shown,this was the latter half of 1967 & early 1968.

When Daie announced they were going to make movies from these two matinee features,the kids of Japan couldn't be happier!.

Thankfully AIP was still in the monster making mood,they helped Daie with 3 of there last 4 Gamera movies,Destroy All Planets,(really made on the cheap,with mostly stock footage from the original 3 Gamera films,with new scenes filmed in outer space and on beach front property).
Attack of the Monsters though had a little more ump,thanks to financial help from AIP,they also gave financial backing for Gamera vs. Monster-X as well.

However after that AIP sinced the trend in movies was moving away from monsters,in 1971 they chose Godzilla vs. Headarh over Gamera vs. Zigra as there final monster entry in there long and distinguished career of giving us some of the best and memorable monster classic ever to be seen on Creature Feature!.

this isn't true.  AIP gave no money to Daiei at all to make the Gamera movies, except to import them directly to US TV. GODZILLA VS THE SMOG MONSTER was way more marketable, and went to the theaters first, then to TV.
check out the new DVDs from Shout! Factory, they are awesome.

David

"The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder." ~ Alfred Hitchcock
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama Message Board
Brian
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2010, 06:30:54 PM »

They don't make 'em like this anymore... I say bring back " Creature Features " to the local TV channels and lets have a Gamera-Fest !     I remember in the early 70's watching Gamera Films as a child.   Viras and Guiron were the Films played the most..  Gammera, Gaos & Barugon were rarely seen in my area of the map, but all those Godzilla movies filled in the gaps on the local late night channels..  There is something magical about watching Japanese Kaiju movies at the midnight hour...  - Long Live Cornjob! javascript:void(0);
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2010, 03:55:09 PM »

There is something magical about watching Japanese Kaiju movies at the midnight hour...  - Long Live Cornjob! javascript:void(0);

LMFAO, good old officer Cornjob!  At least, that's what the officer's name sounded like. As to what a cornjob actually is...I'm wondering that myself,but with a name like that, do we want to know?  Buggedout

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Gamera vs Guiron « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.