Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:15:54 PM
712917 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things  (Read 77438 times)
MuffinHead
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie is on DVD? Great! I've been trying to find this movie for years. I saw it once late at night when I was a kid (before cable) and it creeped me out.
James Perry
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Thanks for the reviews folks!  I'm a Zombie movie fanatic and will make this DVD a part of my 2003 Halloween movie marathon.  Can't wait!  The clip seems to be in widescreen...hope the DVD version is.
Angelo
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

When I was a kid, my dad and I saw this at the theater when it first came out.  I thought it was comical and spooky.  I remember walking out of the theater late at night with chill bumps all over my arms.  It's good to know that good horror flicks are still around for future generations to enjoy.  
McCrackan
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2004, 01:37:25 AM »

Waitasec--DOES Anya get munched? Every time I watch that scene, it look like the zombies merely carry her away. Maybe they accepted her apology after all.
zees 1954
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The character I feel sorry for the most was the cemetary care taker who was bound and gagged to a tree at the edje of the graveyard. When the zombie were reanimated and started for the house where the "children" were. Every zombie walked past his tree except for the last damn one who looked back and saw him.   Munch.
scott
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I found this masterpiece at meijer in dvd format along with the undertaker and his pals for a mere $3.33!  What a deal!  Does anyone else look at this movie and think 'Charles Manson meets Scooby-Doo and the gang'?
Thorn495
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is my most unfavorite movie.  I've watched it 3 times in my life.  I was drunk 2 of those times.  This movie just p**ses me off.  I've tried giving it away to friends and they give it back each time.  It's like a curse.  I can't understand how anyone enjoys it.    
pgram
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Just found these sites for CSPWDT!! Lovin' it! I'm 58 yrs. old and this has always been one of my faves!! This weekend is Halloween-gotta watch it-AGAIN! Yeah!
WitchKing
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

A curious entry in the Zombie canon that treads a very fine line between horror and comedy.  File it somewhere between "Return of The Living Dead" and "Chopper Chicks In Zombietown".  Alan must be one of the most bravely repellent characters ever to grace the screen. Pretentious beyond all belief!  The make-up is highly effective and the walking dead themselves are frighteningly savage.  Horrendous fashions all around--  which usually goes without saying in 70's era cinema-- but some of these get-ups are blindingly bad.  It's very favorable overall.  Plus, it boasts one of my all-time favorite lines:  "The dead are losers!"  
Dean
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Saw this on UHF while camping in Maine as a kid, 1977ish, maybe '78.  We were just camping out of a van and the campground had electricity at each site.  I was 7ish.  At one point some older kids walked by and said "A TV, that's roughing it."  The TV Channel screwed up the reels and we ended up watching it out of order so it didn't make much sense story wise but it was creepy and fascinating none the less.  I haven't seen it since then but it remains one of the scariest things I've ever seen.
Mike
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

lol, well, for it's time and budget its a great flick.  not to mention that my mom is terry, my dad was the 'a' camera operator, my uncle was the first assistant and my grand father was the director of photography!  i actually think i was concieved while this movie was being made.

i got a kick out of reading all the reviews.

tnx,

mike mcgowan, soc
www.mikemcgowan.net

yes, that really is my family.
Michael
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

You can't convince someone this is a great movie if they're going to say it sucks. Let 'em say it. This is a great movie, however. Don't pay so much attention to the wardrobe, (take my word for it - for the time, these guys are hip), but pay attention to the great camera moves, especially outside, where the smooth movements must have been pretty hard to get. The house is great! Kinda looks like mine up here in the mountains. And let yourself get into the performances, which this group of unknowns do with incredible believability. Everyone says they hate Val. Let 'em! That means she played her role with great conviction! You hate Alan, too! Anyone can play a saint. Hateful people are the ones you remember. Funny how people b***h about running out of air in a coffin, but dead coming to life is a total natural. Watch it again.
McCrackan
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Valerie Mamches was 31 when this was filmed. Even as a kid, I never thought of 31 as "middle-aged."
liusa
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2007, 10:17:38 PM »

this movie is a classic...nuff said.
Alex Undead
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2007, 07:58:18 PM »

I actually did not care for this film too much. I found the acting to be pretty bad, but that is something I've come to expect, so that I'm not really too broken up about. The music really annoyed me, but that, too, was an aspect of the film that was excusable. It was the slowness that got to me. It just took so long for any action to happen! Maybe it is because I'm impatient, but had the acting been a little less laughable, I suppose I could have dealt with it's slow pace.

People may be laughing at me now, but someday us nerdy, cross-dressing, undead weirdos will rule the world!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.