Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:41:46 AM
712928 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Nosferatu: The First Vampire « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Nosferatu: The First Vampire  (Read 77216 times)
Warren H.
« on: August 30, 1999, 01:36:19 PM »

I've never seen this movie, so I'm not sure, but I read in a book about old horror movies that the "weird dogs" in this movie are actually thylocimes (no, I don't know if that's spelled right).  Thylocimes were marupials that lived in Australia and some of its surrounding islands before mankind wiped them out (good old human race!).  They looked kind of like "tiger-dogs."  Remember, I've never seen this movie, so if they are obviously dogs with make up on, please don't make me put my foot in my mouth.
NetFrog Alpha
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 1999, 12:38:49 AM »

I have had the honor of watching this great piece. The mixture of ancient but classic footage and Type O's music (I swear the tunes went right with it) made this an enjoyable viewing. Perfect for the horror student or the newbie. Good stuff.
Squishy
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 1999, 02:29:48 AM »

I've not seen this new version, but "Nosferatu" has always been one disturbing movie. Repeated remakes and variations (it's basically "Dracula") haven't come close. This and "The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari" are the weirdest flicks ever made. Anybody putting it off because it's a 'silent' needs to watch it. At night. Alone. With the lights off. Heh heh heh.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 1999, 03:25:46 PM »

The "dogs" do indeed look like Tasmanian Wolves, the last known died in captivity in the 40's or so I believe.  The problem is that you see it for about 1 second and on B&W film shot in 1922 - I can't tell for sure if they painted a dog or if it's the extinct marsupial.  Just rather amusing to find it high in the mountains of Europe...

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
paul westbrook
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 1999, 11:49:43 AM »

One of the all time classic masterpieces of horror. Nosferatu is the film that evoked fear in me, during my early childhood. The scene with Orlock rising from his coffin, the final scene of terror, when the vampire vanishes,all leave me with fond memories of many a sleepless night. Max Schreck did a terrorific job in this film gem, as well as frightening me to death. The fact that it was a silent film, only adds to the dread, the doom, and gloom, the film displays. I recommend it highly to any movie fan. Watch it with the lights out.
Greenhornet
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I saw this version. I loved the movie, hated the music. For one thing, it reminded me of the re-doing of "Metropolis" with the deleted footage. (If you see this deleted footage version, you'll know why they cut it out)

Things I learned from this movie: You have to take a ship to go from Transylvania to Bremmen, Germany.
KellyV
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I adore this movie, and just wanted to tell you all that if you enjoyed this flick, check out "Shadow of the Vampire".  For those who haven't heard of it, it's a film that takes the interesting premise of the possibility of Max Schrek (sorry for the spelling, but he played Count Orlok) actually being a real vampire!  Willem Dafoe plays Schrek, and I'm still stunned that no one won an Oscar for that film!  Dafoe was perfect, and his makeup was exactly the same as "Nosferatu".  It's just a great companion piece to "Nosferatu", and, I must confess, since watching "Shadow of the Vampire", I've never been able to look at my copy of "Nosferatu" the same again...it definitely ups the creepiness factor.  I'm planning a Vampire Nite, with bloody marys and nachos, and watch the two of them along with Bela's version -- blood-sucking paradise! :)
Nighttrap38
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2000, 09:52:07 PM »

Anybody know where I can find the Type O Negative soundtrack for this? From what I heard from the samples, it kicks ass!
WickedPixie
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2000, 02:02:37 AM »

The Type O Negative songs in this movie are mostly from the albums Slow, Deep, and Hard .. and October Rust.  I love Type O Negative and I must own this movie..
JERRY_704
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

This movie kicks ass! I have it Im trully the biggest NOSFERATU MOVIE fan I LOVE THAT MOVIE,not the one from 1979 that one sucked dick!,the one from 1922 is way better,sorry 4 my language but it kicks ass,the one from 1922 that is,and Im waiting for one that they say that its couming,its called NOSFERATU too,not shadow of the vampire.
  remember NOSFERATU KICKS ASS!!     Im 12 too    teehee

mani
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2001, 02:24:05 PM »

I`ve never heard of practically but seen in movies and  believe what nosferatu is and all about.
Jen
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2001, 10:34:05 AM »

I just bought this movie, the one with the most kick-ass band Type-O Negative, for my boyfriend. I watched it with him and thought it was sweet. I like how you have to watch this movie, not just listen to the dialog. I can see where many horror movies, after this one, got their plots and ideas.
¤‡Å®ÎÃÑÁ‡¤
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I loved the movie and the type o sound track.Peter Steele`s voice add something to the movie it`s self.It is and always will be my favorite movie.No vamp film made can compare to it.Sheer genius.
T$
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie is cool. To answer that person's question about the Type O Soundtrack the answer is go buy all their albums & you have Nosferatu's Soundtrack. The person who put up the .wav files didn't put the names of the songs down so for you dumb s**ts out there who don't know any Type O songs here are the titles from the short clips. Clip 1: Type O Negative - Love You To Death. Clip 2: Type O Negative - Glass Walls Of Limbo AKA a filler track from Slow Deep & Hard, following this track is the other filler track The Misconception Of Silence. Clip 3: Type O Negative - Unsuccessfully Coping With The Natural Beauty Of Infidelity AKA I Know You're f**king Someone Else. If you want to hear harder Peter Steele then pick up Carnivore albums. They were damn good & in my opinion better than Type O Negative is. Roadrunner Records rereleased them after three years of promises & pushed back release dates to all the poseurs who were too lame to pick up the german import versions that never went out of print.
george
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2001, 10:36:50 AM »

i feel that this movie was greatly recorded. even though it looks distorted (the 1922 version), it is a great movie. i also feel that the black and white version is more emotional and has more of an impact on a person as opposed to the remade version. if anyone knows where i can find the 1922 version on tape (which sounds impossible), please email me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Nosferatu: The First Vampire « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.