Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:09:58 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Army of Darkness « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Army of Darkness  (Read 135317 times)
Luke Bannon
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This has to be one of the best horror/comedies I have ever seen. Nothing more needs to be said except BUY THIS MOVIE! You'll thank me for it. 10/10
wheresthecarrot
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2002, 06:25:58 PM »

Simply outstanding in every way.
Karlo
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Hey, what if they made a sequel (4th in the series) from the apocalyptic ending. Imagine this, Bruce Campbell (definitely still playing where he left off from AOD)meeting a descendant from his outrageously weird bloodline, and then battling it out with spaced-out, futuristic zombies and stuff. It would be rad if Jim Carrey, who looks similar to Bruce be his co-star, no?

Ok, I'm just desperate for another installment of the Evil Dead Series, can't Mr. Raimi take a hint?
James Perry
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I rented this when it first hit the video store and was somewhat disappointed.  I expected Ray Harryhausen, but got some "ripoff".  Now, before you fillet and broil me over a torch flame...I was from the school of Jason & The Argonauts and Sinbad & The Eye Of The Tiger AT THE TIME.  But 2002 I gave this another try, along with the others in the series (as a part of my yearly Halloween month with 3 horror movies a day) and fell in love with all of them!  They were the highlight!  Change ripoff to inspired, I think.  The Harryhousen stuff is great!  And how about the 3 Stooges?!  Hurt yourself funny!  I bought 2 copies...one with and one without the awesome extra footage (inspired by The Time Machine, I do believe).  These will be highlights from now on...
James Perry
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I've been reading "If Chins Could Kill" by Bruce.  Damn good read!  I grew up much like him except I ended up in a lame small town radio job (REAL radio is dying, in case you didn't know).  But these films are superb examples of jumping into filmmaking and going from b-movie to big budget Hollywood.  These guys deserved everything they have!  If I could go back in time I'd volunteer to be their voice guy.  I can hear it now, BRUCE: "Here comes that weirdass Jimmy guy who just moved into the neighborhood and says he knows the future.  Sam, he says you'll make a zillion dollars turning Spider-man into a movie.  Ha ha haha!  And I'll write a book called 'If Chins Could Kill'.  HA HAHA!"
Thomas Sutton
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I love this movie I've seen the directors cut at least 100 times, and I'm not just saying that when I was little my older brother's friend would bring to our house when he came over so I saw it almost every month if not week fom about ages 6-9 and it never got old i still watch a lot now but I've only actually seen the theatrical release's ending 2 or 3 times I thought it was good but Sam Raimi's orriginal appocoliptic ending is much better.
aL
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I've seen both versions of "Bruce Campbell vs. Army of Darkness" in the Boomstick Edition, and there's a hell of a lot to talk about & comment on.  To correct a quote from one of the top posts, on the Director's Cut, Ash doesn't say, "Keep your damn filthy hands out of my mouth," during that exchange with those bewiching arms, but instead "keep your damn filthy BONES out of my mouth."

Watching it with the commentary option enabled, I noticed something I didn't notice & probably wouldn't've noticed if Sam Raimi didn't mention it.  He said it was an Internet rumor that surfers swear to, but that it isn't true, and Campbell agreed with him.  After rewinding it & looking though, there's no way it can't be true.

During the scene where the classic spirit chases Ash through those alpine woods (with one eye usable, I'm hoping), it splits though 3 trees in a row, and when the final one splits, there is an odd face/mask on the left half of the split tree.  It's so obvious that it's there after he pointed it out, yet the two biggest creators say that it definitely IS NOT there -someone...just explain this to me.  Watch it, see it, and explain it to me!  Thank you!
aL
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

To correct my previous post, I mixed Sam & Bruce up.  Sam was so sure that there wasn't a face as he was the one who went jaw-first through that tree -but I think he just didn't notice it.
Brendon Mize
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2003, 09:14:30 PM »

It is amazing that over four years worth of reviews are still being written for this movie.  That should be the sign of an American Classic.  Army of Darkness, hell, all of the Evil Dead Films, are right up there next to Gone With The Wind and Casablanca.  If you have a foreigner ask you what is a good American movie, tell him to Shop Smart... Shop S-Mart!
Dan Lyon
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"Shop smart...shop S-Mart". Incredibly fun movie, four thumbs up.
Scott
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I don't think it's fair to call this one a bad movie. Not on the level of so many of the other movies on this site. I mean, sure, the harness can be seen when Ash is being "sucked into the vortex", as can the pad he lands on in medieval England...and it's hard to believe that his car would run in the battle scene after dropping out of the sky like it did, or that it would conveniently have a chemistry book in the trunk...or even that the wiseman would know the modern names of all the chemicals needed to make explosives. At least it's funny and entertaining. And it has a happy ending (and a sad ending if you've got the DVD.)
Kooshmeister
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

A truly awesome movie. Corniest thing I've ever seen, but that's what makes it so fun! This was actually the very first movie in the Evil Dead Trilogy that I saw (I've never seen the original Evil Dead, or the so-called 'fourth' film, Within The Woods, which is actually an embryonic version of Evil Dead, but I *hase* seen Evil Dead 2.) My favorite parts in the movie are Ash's battle against the Deadites in the pit, his quest to obtain the Necronomicon (which covers the creation of Evil Ash to his screwing up the incantation in the cemetary later), and the final battle. I own the "Official Bootleg Edition" of the movie, which has a fun commentary by Sam Raimi, Ivan Raimi, and the Human Chin himself, Bruce Campbell, plus some deleted scenes and so forth. I'm told it's virtually identical to a previous Director's Cut release, but I knew I had to buy it when I saw the way the packaging is designed to make it *seem* extra cheap; the keepcase is designed to look like a crumpled paper grocery bag. My only gripe is that they didn't include the alternate ending. Seeing the original ending, with Ash waking up after the apocalypse, was cool, but I really, really loved the other ending where he's back in the present and heroically saves a bunch of people at S-Mart from the sudden appearance of a Deadite. Oh well. It still has the other scenes I love so much.
(Brian) On:11 - 29 - 2003
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Army of Darkness is still one of my favorite movies of all time. I laugh so hard everytime I watch it and I think it's still one of the greatest horror movies. But does anyone know there is also an original beginning?(see Army of Darkness: Boomstick Edition)It was supposed to run parallel with the original ending. It was really dark and spooky wich probobly wouldn't run well with the humor of the movie. It opens with Ash talking to the camera. You can only see his eyes being lighted by a red light. He basically explains everything that happened in Evil Dead 2. The Necronomicon, sawing off his hand, and then shows him making the glove that connects the chainsaw to his wrist (not seen in original). Then it shows him reading the passage in the Necronomicon that opens the time portal, then picks up to where he gets sucked through. All the time this happens there is really creepy music. But still this is a great movie. "Give me some sugar, baby"
Ashleigh
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Army of Darkness is a great film! I loved the ending (the S-Mart ending). I own the Boomstick 2 Disk Special Edition. I also own the Special Edition Evil Dead DVD where the case is the Necrinomicon, filled with tons of cool extras! I have Evil Dead 2 on DVD, but did they make a special edition? I remember seeing Evil Dead 2 the first time, laughing my head off at the dancing corpse scene, but when Linda jumps out in Ash's face, I screamed! Then I started laughing at myself. Seriously, I thought Evil Dead 2 sucked. Then, I decided to give it another try. I'M GLAD I DID. AOD was just soooooooooo funny, especially when Evil Ash can't say "forth", and when Evil Ash first appears. My password onto my username (not for my screenname) is raimi, and my desktop pic is Ash! Oh, one more thing..... BRUCE CAMPBELL IS SOOOOOOOOOOO FRIGGING HOT!!!!!!!!!
VA
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is one of my favorite B-rated movies. Its one of those I can keep watching over and over and not get bored(there is only a few of those). Sam Rami is the best(except for Spiderman) The whole trilogy is excellent. The character Ash is hillarous and has alot of rememberable comments that are great for everyday use, baby. This is definately a movie everyone has to see whether or not they like it. It an experience you just can't miss out on.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Army of Darkness « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.