Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:51:02 AM
712928 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Monster « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Monster  (Read 36543 times)
batgirl
« on: February 03, 2002, 02:18:40 AM »

hey does the box & all really say this takes place in columbia not colombia?? coz in british columbia we got ogopogo maybe theyre related or he just got lost & read the map wrong ...
paul westbrook
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 1999, 10:44:51 AM »

I have a copy of this film at home. Ienjoy bad films on a regular basis. The monster in this film looked phony, like it was an overgrown muppet.Still, for a plotless story, it was enjoyable to watch.I recommend this for a B movie philes everywhere.
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 1999, 10:14:48 AM »

Are people still admitting they have seen this film?
chris koenig
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2000, 08:39:42 AM »

The title is neat, but the film really suffers. Suposidly based on a "true story" that happened in 1971, the story centers around a lake in Chimyo village in South America that is being polluted by a cement plant. The pollution spawns a hideous monster that is convincing as both a puppet and giant prop. The beast is destroyed by a explosion, but their are eggs that the creature laied and they start to hatch. Supposidly co-directed by Herbert L. Strock, he is only listed in the scriptwriting credits and David L. Hewitt is not listed in the film for doing special effects! Plus a promo reel for this was shot in 1975 and advertised Andre Faro for directing the film. But the direction is all done by Kenneth Hartford and his diresction sucks. And we have a bucnch of boring subplots that are not needed. But the monster (who has a mustache on it's upper lips) is convincing and well done. As for the rest, watch this for the monster alone.
klarion93@hotmail.com
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2000, 12:31:21 PM »

i have never made it through this monstrosity, although i've tried many times. believe it or not, i actually remember seeing an ad for this on tv when it came out! even more unbelievable is that the ad made it look kind of scary. or maybe i was just young and stupid at the time. i've seen the incredibly strange creatures who stopped living and became mixed up zombies several times, but can't make it through this once. go figure.
chris
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2000, 04:00:04 PM »

Has anyone seen a movie called Monster from 1980? It starred Doug McClure and was also known as Humanoids From the Deep
Jordan Garren
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Yet another b-movie with that's head has been verbally bashed in. I myself being a critic will now defend this childhood favorite! It's not all that bad really, the monster is never fully seen until the end (and yes it is a let down to see the mustacheod monster...hehehehe) which immediately puts this flick at the bottom of everyone's list. Also it tends to drag a lot....but as a child (about 7 or 8 years ago I was physically a child, but I'm still one mentally as most men are) the movie had this aura about it...a mysterious creature terrorizing a small lakeside community! Hell I even thought the monster was the coolest thing ever (until I fully discovered Godzilla). All in all, if you're looking for a movie to bash, this is it...but if you're looking for some clean monster flick fun....watch it.
Andrew
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

No, the box really does say "Columbia" on it.
Rob
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Heh, there are some things about this movie I liked. The extreme dark of night settings, some decent sound effects as well. The fearsome muppetsaurus is a goofy villain when we finally see him at the end, but during most of the movie he remains a shadowy presence. There's a nighttime attack on a boat of drunken fishermen that is suprisingly frightful and kinda reminiscent of the tracking device scene in Alien.
Ya gotta love aquatic monster flicks because they're too damn fun. Also check out Crater Lake Monster, Legend of Dinosaurs and Monster Birds, and the Loch Ness Horror
Heidi
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2003, 03:26:56 PM »

I just thought I would mention that air traffic controllers DO speak english all over the world.
Mercedes
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2005, 11:47:58 PM »

I could not actually believe how bad this movie was.
Colin G. Davis
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Although the monster looks comical in closeup, at least they built a full size creature to tow around during the helicopter shots in the final scene. Yes, this film is pretty bad, but if you think things couldn't be worse, take a look at "The Mighty Gorga" for instance!
Another thought:
Isn't it amazing how a real star - Robert Mitchum - can produce a son looking so much like him, yet not pass on to him a single ounce of charisma?
Michael Johnson
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I'm the editor of this movie.  I haven't seen it in about twenty five years but remember it fondly.  The air traffic control voices, people screaming etc were all done by me.  The acting was so terrible that the two female leads were looped by other actresses-- who also couldn't act.  The woman swimming nude in the lake is actually footage of three different women. I'll have to find my copy of it and watch it again.  I hope it's as bad as I remember!
Mark Radburn
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2005, 03:59:26 AM »

Monster is a bad movie with cheap special effects and a chessy looking monster I wished they used Nessie instead of a funny-looking sea Monster. Full of classic Cheese.
Bob the mutant chicken
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Stay the hell away from this movie only one word can discribe it.TERRIBLE'HORRIBLE'BORRING'UNWATCHABLE'.OPPS THATS FOUR WORDS.Stay away from this garbage don't waste your money on this mess you been warned.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Monster « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.