Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:45:51 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare  (Read 91735 times)
MessiahMan
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Oh...my...god!  After reading this review, and watching that movie clip, I MUST OWN THIS MOVIE!  It's on half.com as I leave this message for a bargain total of 6.44 (AFTER shipping and handling.)  I just have to settle for the case cut and put into a clear plastic case.  I'll update you again AFTER I watch this crap-fest!  God, I love this site!
MessiahMan
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Man, I just finished watching that flick, and all I can really say is that it stunk!  The dialogue was terrible, the "special" effects were godawful, and the music...I think they wrote the movie AROUND the music, just so they could ensure that Thor and crew could get the most licks in...oh, and that final fighting scene...NEVER have I seen something so anti-climatic...thor and satan grapple for a few minutes while the song plays, then thor chokes satan, and someone lights a flare in front of the camera to tell us satan is going back to hell...awful!  Needless to say, this movie had me in stitches from beginning to end, and it makes a marvellous addition to my movie collection!  I love it!  A definite shoe-in for it's four slime rating.
Jables
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2002, 05:34:08 PM »

On Thors new CD it has a song from ROCK N ROLL NIGHTMAREA II!!!!!!!!
Nancy
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I'm a collector of bad rock and roll horror movies, and this movie ranks right up there with "Rocktober Blood" and
"Hard Rock Zombies" as the GREATEST bad rock and roll horror film ever!!  The schtick where Thor! keeps calling the main deamon "Bub", then finally calls him "Beelzebub" had me in tears from laughing so hard!!

BTW, if anyone knows of any other truly spectacular movies in this genre, PLEASE e-mail me with info -- I'm always on the lookout to add to my collection.  Also, I'd be glad to compare lists and swap tapes!
Lon Strickland
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Rock'n'Nightmare is the ultimate piece of s**t. I used one of Thor's lines in the end of them film as my senior quote in my year book: "I am bound by this law to strike you from this place. It's my job, your end... this place!" I love it because it doesn't make any sense. I actually had a Fasano trilogy party when I nabbed a copy of his rarest works off ebay, The Jitters! All of John's films have a sort of vomit-like feel to them. But it's a vomit that we're willing to swallow and enjoy. I'm excited to see Darkness falls with John doing the writing and producing, but I'm affraid he's only achieved a level of making just plain bad movies now. He could of been the next Ed Wood! But that's cool, at least the guy is making a fortune. If the rumors are true about Jon Mikl Thor producing a Rock'n'Roll Nightmare 2, I will die a happy man. Just imagine, a 50 year old fat guy running around in spikey underwaer doing battle with satan (a puppet on a stick).

-Lon-
Tom
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Oh my god. A place where loyal fans can praise the one and only, "Rock 'N' Roll Nightmare"!!!! I can not begin to tell you all how much my friends and I WORSHIP this film. It is without a doubt the most wonderful bad movie ever made. I'll never forget the night that we rented it by chance for the first time. The amazing ending sequence simply blew us away. I have never laughed so hard in all my life. And now years later, I have discovered that a SEQUEL is being made?!! UNBELIEVABLE! Of all the films I have ever wanted to see a sequel to, this is it. I want to say thanks to everyone who is involved in making this happen.

My love for this movie cannot be expressed in words. One night my friends and I actually spent hours looking up the cast members on the internet so that we could call them and chat. The only guy we were able to contact was the dude who played "Carl" (The owner of the barn), but it was so cool to talk to him and hear his stories about what it was like making the movie. My brother and I each own our own copies of this movie, plus a movie poster and the original Soundtrack LP! The soundtrack is of course fantastic, and I have converted it to CD. Best of all, I created the "Rock 'N' Roll Nightmare Megamix", a kick ass song full of cool effects and audio samples straight from the film. If anyone is interested in an MP3 just drop me a line, I'd love to share it with you! Thanks to all of you for appreciating something as wonderful as this hilarious film. Id love to chat about the movie with anyone, so feel free to email me!
The Director
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Hey! I love the adoration for my early works, but my "Ed Woodness" was based on these fillms being made for a dollar -- a dollar! RNRN cost fifty thousand dollars! You can't even buy a decent SUV for that much money! I just wanted to make a movie with monsters and tits, and couldn't afford good looking ones of either type!  And for the record, most of my movies, like ANOTHER 48 HRS, TOMBSTONE, and ALIEN 3 were NOT bad movies!

Megiddo and Universal Soldier 2, that's another story!
Jason Decay
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I live by this movie. It's absolutely the greatest for me and perfect just the way it is. The way it is is what makes it such a classic. THUNDERHAWK!!! Check out some Thor inspired Metal: GoatHorn.com
Mark Lindahl
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Sick,, Sick,,  You are all sick in the head for liking this lame movie. I rented this back in the 80"s and still cant cleanse my memories of this one. I want my money back and apology for the Psychological damage caused by sitting threw this film. Ok,,,I admit it.  I love this one too. Who couldn't love the scary twist this movie takes at the end.
William Brittain
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Is this the site for information on dreams film to be done by Columbia College? I'm a man in his 60's interested. Could you give further information? Thanks W C Brittain
Hugo Fahkov
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Damn...this is a weird moment, give me a sec here....

Okay.

Saw this movie way back in the day, sometime in the 80's. I think I was a senior in h.s. You know the drill; living with mom/dad, my room was my world, no friggin money, anyhoo... Rented this movie from the local movie shop. Had ZERO idea what a turd it would be. And, I had no idea that it would always linger in my mind, decades later, as what a piece of s**t movie it was.

Well, imagine my surprise, after sitting here staring at my computer screen, nothing on my mind, when Rock-n-Roll Nightmare pops in my head and I do a search on it.

...and here you guys are! *LOL*

Now I'm part of a teeny-tiny group of people that hate/love this film but...WE ALL SAW IT!!!!

...will this ever be released on dvd?

And, any of you fans that have digital captures of some of the ladies in the movie with their tops off, feel free to send them to my email addy. ;^)

Of course, if any of you ladies that were actually IN the movie, have any pics of yourselves, send 'em my way so I can reminisce...
Jeff Weskamp
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is a blatant vanity project for Jon-Mikl Thor.  The fact that his bandmates and their girlfriends were only "shadows" that he conjured up is almost a Freudian statement. But at least Jon-Mikl only spent $50,000 to make his vanity project.  Most musicians spend much more to produce their cinematic ego-trips.  Look at Neil Diamond (Jazz Singer), Brittney Spears (Crossroads), Mariah Carey (Glitter),  Vanilla Ice (Cool as Ice), the Village People (Can't Stop the Music), and the Spice Girls (Spice World).
    The funniest part of Nightmare is the scene were Thor is tearing apart the rubber cyclops-starfish.  He has the facial expression of a man struggling with a very difficult bowel movement!
Mr. Benalto
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

THOR LOGGED ON HERE AND DEFENDED HIS MOVIE! That is so rock and roll! Thor apparently married some couple in Edmonton recently. I would love Thor to do the ceremony when I get married, but only if my friends can throw rubber starfish at him while it's all going on. In response to Chip, I've had the following happen: in my local video store they're doing a huge sale on all their VHS, but they're keeping Rock and Roll Nightmare. I asked them "Why??" hoping I could get it for 3$ and they told me it was because it gets rented at least once every three months..YEAH BUT IT'S ME THAT'S RENTING IT! I recently had an opportunity to show this to a friend of mine who was visiting and he looked like he was going to CRY when Thor started his "I am the Archangel TRITON" bit....
Chris Schneider
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

SEQUAL ALERT!!!!!!! Will "The Intercessor: Rock n' Roll Nightmare Part 2" ever be produced so Jon Triton will battle bad mascara, rubber sea stars and a tin foil satan to save humanity again? I hope so. Actually, the leather lunged god also starred in a canadian film that actualy got good reviews and won an award for best short horror film(!?!) Check it out on Thorcentral.com
Dan Falzone
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2004, 03:16:35 AM »

ahh you killed no one bub.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.