Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:10:48 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare  (Read 91740 times)
Venomsoup
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2005, 08:09:37 AM »

Being a writer of bad films myself, I can honestly say this is the greatest bad film ever made. I love it. Thor rocks, the whole film rocks.
marta
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

http://www.theonionavclub.com/fttf/index.php?issue=4026

RNRN lovers might want to pick up a copy of this week's Onion.
sick_role
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

RNRN is, by far, the best of it's kind. You should check out Shock 'em Dead for some more laughs. Though, JMT isn't involved...sad. It's hard to pinpoint the best part of RNRN...the end is, without a doubt, the best ending i have ever seen. Flawless. The best song is Energy...but it's a tough call to make. The fact that they all get "Rocked Out" to rehearse in a barn is fantastic as well...oh, which leads me to mention the "state of the art 8-track recording studio" again, flawless. The scene where the kid takes a gainer while sprinting across the yard...hilarious...you know that wasn't supposed to happen...i'm laughing just thinking about it. My friends and i have seen this movie more times than we should admit...I will not stop until all of the B-rock/horror movies are unearthed...and my new purpose in life is to find "The intercessor". If ANYONE knows how i can get a copy of it or where i can find it, email me...i have money...real american money! I have already found some more titles by reading this forum...but "The Intercessor" is priority #1.

A sincere thank you to RNRN, for giving me some of the best times with my friends.

And you guys should check out Shock 'em Dead staring Traci Lords...good stuff.

"I'm just locking up the van!" dude...there's no way she could possibly hear you...or even see you...but damn, you are the nicest metal god i've ever seen...in every movie you're in...JMT ROX...though i found a picture of a "more recent" JMT and his long hair is no more...and the crowd went, "awwwww"
Thor Rules
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Riding down the Highway is an amazing Metal song. Perfect timing for it to be played during the Starfish scene because it really helps emphasize the utter fear that Thor is going through in this scene. This movie kicks my ass off the face of the Earth. Make sure to listen closely to the cameo mentioning of Rod Stewart. And don't forget the redeeming Sam Raimi camera shot at the beginning of the credits. Hopefully Thor has more filmmaking up his studded thong.
Mason
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I have little to add here that has not already been said, but I too love this movie.  Why is it that each one of us feels like we are the only ones?

Something I like to do is have it running during a party with the sound turned down.

Jaesik Kwak
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

In Korea, the title of this movie was translated to "The Swamp of The Hell". Published in VHS, but hard to find in a regular video shop. I bought one from a flee market.

This is definitely my No. 1 "trash movie". When I first watched the scene that Thor! turned out to be an "angel", I got so much shock. Sill it remains the most shock ever from the movie ever.
GRIMBROTHERS Entertainment
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

http://www.intercessormovie.com

THE SEQUEL IS DONE!!!!

Come see the new standard of B-Movie screening in a town near you, or wait for the DVD of
Intercessor: Another Rock 'N' Roll Nightmare

to hit stores Nov. 29th from SRS Cinema
http://www.b-movie.com
Cindy
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Is there any online used vhs stores where I can buy Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare? I haven't seen this movie 15 years! I can't find it for purchase online,not even on ebay. I thought I hit the jackpot at a local used vhs store, I saw it for sale for $2 and of course bought it. What I really bought was the box, the tape (I shoulda check first,grrrr) was Nightmare On Elm St. 3! I was soooo p**sed and the cashier said No Exchanges,it was also written at the checkout counter,w/ Sales Are Final. So anyone who knows of a used vhs store online that has this movie,please send me an email.  
JIM/BOSTON MA
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2005, 12:37:33 PM »

This is my favorite movie of all time, seriously blows my f**king mind when I watch it. If anyone has any information on tracking down the soundtrack LP or CS (or dubbing it for me) please get in touch, as I have been searching for this gem for months now. ENERGY
Jason Benalto
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

John, long have I waited for Rock and Roll Nightmare on DVD. Awesome. I'm not gonna say anything about Intercessor except I thought your video in the extras was awesome. Rock and f----in roll!
John
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Okay. For all you RNRN heads out there -- the film has finally been restored from the original negative and put on DVD with commentary track (As bad as the film) by Director JF and Star Thor. It will be released (or escape) in January or February from SYNAPSE FILMS, the guys who have basket case and street trash. They were also given like three hours of "behind the scenes" video shot in the day, and hopefully that will make it onto this "Ultimate collector's edition of one of  the lamest movies ever made"
sick_role
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

So yeah, can't wait for the RNRN DVD (in HD?). Picked up a copy of "The Intercessor: Another Rock n Roll Nightmare"...man, what a terrible dissapointment. Though there are some hilarious parts...it's beyond being bad in a good way, it really does suck. - especially considering "RNRN" is in the title. I mean, jesus - i would've started a fundraiser if you were really that hard up for prop money (AND A FKING 35mm CAMERA!!). God damn...I was seriously p**sed...still am. I mean...get a real camera so the cheap plastic toys and flaccid rubber armour wasn't so damn insulting to those of us who have followed this for so damn long...and looked forward to it for so damn long. God damn.

The original RNRN is still the best and probably always will be.
JJ
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

John you are the man and I don't give three craps what people say about this movie cause I still watch the thing over and over again as this movie has what so many lack these days and that is the element of what rock was like in the 80's. You guys captured that feel not only in the music, but hey check out the q-tip box and the edge shaving gel in the bathroom..........even the coke can is antique.  People who say this movie sucks take life way too serious and this movie was not intended for you.  This movie is for the young and the young at heart who know how to have a good time and not over analyze everthing to death.  Check  out my band at www.scarabismusic.com.  Believe it or not, I saw this movie when I was a little kid and it left such a huge impression on me I devoted my life to rock n roll.......we live we live to rock.........we live we live to rock. rock on fellow rockers........... I will definitely be on the look out for Rock n roll nightmare 2 the intercessor.  AAAAALLLRIGHT John good s**t.  be good and come check us out and hang bro.
Erin
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I just finished with the special edition DVD of this. The commentary track features Thor! and director John Fasano, and they fortunately have a pretty good sense of humor about the kind of movie they ended up making, but they also clearly have fond memories of the fun they had making it. There are plenty of good stories, from the revelation that this movie was made on a bet that you couldn't make a feature-length film on 35mm for $53,000 to the "guest breasts" who refused to remove their tops once they got on set.

Then there's the lengthy video footage of the "wolf child" being made up, which gives some great insight into what it's like to try to deal with putting extensive makeup on a young child. Highly recommended disk, overall.
just me
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I can't wait for the DVD! This is one of my all-time favorite movies... right up there with Killer Klowns from Outer Space!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.