Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:21:53 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Toxic Avenger Part II « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Toxic Avenger Part II  (Read 24659 times)
Phil S. Name
« on: November 17, 1999, 02:08:13 PM »

Toxie 2 is definitely not the gem that the original was but it didn't suck that badly. There should have been more gore and less naration. Ah well, Troma's making the fourth Toxie movie now so lets hope that one'll be better.
Jeff
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Pay no attention to the negative reviews...This is a superior Troma movie.

Our history teacher left us alone for part of the day with a documentary about Japan...Since she was gone and I had Toxie II in my bag...I popped it into the VCR....Everyone loved it...Unfortunately, our teacher came back...And during a Japanese breast scene...My tape was confiscated forever...
Deathsheep
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Man...I totally like this movie.
When Claire signs that postal dude's head...that is
about the funniest scene ever in a Troma movie.
Plus there are fine Japanese tits.
Me like this movie.
Krakker Jakk
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2003, 04:26:59 AM »

I learned something from this film as well; the more a blind girl hangs around a superhero, the dumber she because.  Claire/Sara went from being blind to being blind and retarded...
The Necrofile-Crocodile:Leonard D. Loftin
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2002, 03:48:38 PM »

Blood, blood, blood............urgh. But the headless dancers, and the scene with the Japanese transvestite are definetly worth watching.
John Leonard
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

If it's supposed to take place in NJ why was it filmed all over Westchester County New York particularly in Croton-on-Hudson
Person
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2003, 03:06:52 PM »

The cut version is lame and has hardly any gore, while the uncut version rules. Nothing beats the original, though.
Jacob
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

While nowhere near as great as the first...it is still undeniably funny and moronic as only Troma can do it. Afterall thats what they pride their films on...stupid and pointless..although Sara/Claire (whatever) was much more attractive in part 1 and cute...in this one she's just 80's trash airhead and irratating..
I luv dolma
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

PART ONE RULES! But the sequel (even though it had its moments) was a major disappointment. I understand that the film makers shot 4-6 hours of footage and edited down to two sequels, but its a shame that such as good film was ruined by its sequels like this.

Can anyone explain to me why the heck did they change Sara's name to Claire? Was there any point? The main reason why I disliked it the film from the start was because they got new actors and actresses to play the parts of the same characters. They even got 2 (that's right, 2) different guys to play The Toxic Avenger!
Jake Hainey
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2004, 04:08:17 AM »

This is by far the second best Toxie Movie (Citizen Toxie is the best)
Ron Fazio
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Yes, I was one of the toxic avenger's in Parts 2 and 3...the other guy, john altamura, was asked to leave the set because he was so difficult to work with. I took over the lead and finished both parts, filming in NY and in Japan. We had a blast filming this movie, it was crazy...partly bacause we all knew that the continuity of the first film was no where to be found. Hey, that was lloyd and michael, they are two dudes who just do what they felt. We partied every night in the hotel and even had extras staying over in our rooms because they didn't have the budget to put them up. Once we had 15 people in one room. There was Jerry Yates,Phil Rivo, Rick Collins, Benny Nieves, Paul Borghese, myself, and quite a few other characters.  Yeah, it was filmed in Croton but you all should know that many movies are filmed in thew exact location in which they were set.  My tromatons are tingling.
vanightwolf
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 11:23:01 AM »

I recall that "Toxic Avenger Part 3" is subtexted as: "The Last Temptation Of Toxie", wherein Toxie must battle the Devil himself. But in "Part 4", our slimy hero is temporarily replaced by his evil parallel-universe counterpart "The Noxious Avenger" -- and Tromaville reacts by sending in a quartet of other Tromatic superheros -- including Sgt. Kabukiman. And you probably thought those Toxic Avenger cartoons ("Toxic Crusaders") were bottom-of-the-barrel overkill. Trashophiles rejoice!
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 11:45:25 AM »

I only like this movie for two reasons;

1. The totally awesome theme song and...

2. Phoebe Legere  Twirling

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Toxic Avenger Part II « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.