Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:02:48 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Deathstalker « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Deathstalker  (Read 40615 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: January 23, 2000, 11:49:42 PM »

Updated review.  This is one of those sword and sorcery flicks that, as a teenager, defined my taste in films.  The acting is terrible, and the plot is threadbare, but the movie is filled with gratuitous violence and lots of bare bosoms.  Of note:  The beautiful female warrior is Lana Clarkson, who was found dead of a gunshot wound in record producer Phil Spector's house; he is charged with her murder.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Roy
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2000, 06:20:57 PM »

Its pretty cool that the guy who played Oghris in this movie played Jason in Friday 3D.
Jon
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2000, 09:33:51 PM »

This movie was sensational. In the first five minutes, it had everything that a barbarian movie should: great one-liners, carnal violence, and, of course, boobs. The rest of the movie delivered as well. When the plot was in trouble, they relied on  what could save all poor movies: gratuitous nudity (of the hot female kind). Bravo, this one's a keeper.
Ashley
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

This film is everything a bad barbarian movie should be and a bit more. The only movie that tops this is the Deathstalker 2. Which strangely has about 15 minutes of film from the first one spliced in to fill out some fight seens.

I am still trying to find the third film. I saw it in a video store on holiday once.
joey
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie is one of my "guilty pleasures". Everything about it is cool - Heroic, musclebound Rick Hill, ravishing Barbi Benton,  Rick Hill RAVISHING Barbi Benton... need I say more?
whatever
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

A B-movie that is pretty fun.  This movie is actually more entertaining than recent flicks like Dungeons & Dragons or
Scorpion King; and it was made with a budget that would equal what was used for catering on these current big budget schlockfests.
The Necrofile-Crocodile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is the worst movie i've ever seen!!!
kniGht
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Actually, I think it was a pretty good movie, for the genre.
Halfway decent plot, terrific guy in the lead (Rick Hill), and some of the sweetest wenches I've ever seen! It kinda deteriorated toward the end, but it was fun getting there. Didn't this pic win the Oscar for best picture that year?
jmc
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2002, 07:17:16 AM »

I liked the little guy in the tournament scenes, the one who gets brained with the big hammer.
billybob
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw this movie back in the eighties.  It was great. There is really only one reason for this genre of film to exist.  So the producer can cop some off of a playboy playmate of the month or year while promising to make her a star.  And of course we love watching the 'acting' jobs they give these fine ladies.
sadness
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2003, 01:53:25 AM »

Lana Clarkson the star of this was who was murdered in the Specter mansion :*( RIP Lana
Ralph
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2003, 06:56:52 AM »

This film was great fun I remember the series and I reckon it was far better than the recent Scorpion King movie which owed most of its average moments to Deathstalkers great moments.
terevaune
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2003, 08:12:24 PM »

One of my favourite bad movies, not a single scene of the movie makes a lick of sense, either alone or in conjunction with the rest of the movie.  I laughed my ass off the entire time.  Deathstalker 4 was better, but this one was still good.  The MST3k of deathstalker 3 was also good.
joey
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Ive have just one thing to say:

"Thats my horse"
i luv dolma
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I love this film! By the way, the barbarian's name is not Deathstalker, it is "Outside, wait for me there." He says so early in the film.

Definitly going to be remembered as a Corman classic.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Deathstalker « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.