Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:45:02 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Zombie « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Zombie  (Read 48857 times)
The Vomitstomper
« on: October 04, 1999, 04:24:22 AM »

In response to review:

Right well, Donald O'Brien was Dr Butcher, not Richard Johnson, but Ian McCulloch (Peter) was in Dr Butcher, he was called Peter in that as well.
Notice that the bit where they drive down the deserted street past a donkey, and the distance shots of Matul were all stolen to be used in the original version of Zombi Holocaust (Dr Butcher).

And, I liked those breasts just fine.

Ever wondered what happens to the zombie shark?
teachbug@ipa.net
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 1999, 10:31:27 AM »

Oh man this brings back fond fond memorys.....awwwwwyes i rememeber it well one summer day! I went to my local DRIVE-IN and seen this wonderful movie. I love a really bad MOVIE, and this was classic!
Just the whole thing of the zombies SLOWLY shambling up to a person, and the idiot letting them get that damn close, then having the SLOW zombie LUNGE at a throat.......well it was just GREAT!
You know, the best part was at the beginning as I was driving in they handed out BARF-BAGS, my gawd, how much more can ya take!!
thanks so much for reviewing this movie, I had no idea how much i had missed it!
                                   Ron
Daniel-lion@mail-line.freeserve.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 1999, 01:04:53 PM »

I remember this film YEAH!
Christ I can't belive I took it so seriously that first time. AND s**t I WAS 15 (probably a liitle soft in the head or gullable, just plain gullable.)
I remember the fact there were no pictures on the back and it kept saying THIS FILM IS CENSORED FOR THE MORE CASUAL VIEWER! I should have laughed at it then and put it back, but I thought why not. At the beginning I was taken back by it being a b-movie (I really though it was a serious zombie flick!)
I got into it after 10 minutes though and I remember crying laughing at THAT AWFUL MUSIC and the end scene in the barn HAHAHAHA the wooden planks being thrown on by people that were meant to be from the ceiling (You could see there hands)
In the end they keep repeating the same piece of film and more and MORE wood piles up! HAHAH
I really liked this movie it had me in STICHES!
Davvs
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 1999, 09:49:13 AM »

this movie is a real gem!!!Lucio Fulci´s masterpiece!this is a must see!!!!!!don´t miss it!
Chris K.
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2000, 08:44:10 AM »

To the critic teachbug@ipa.net and Daniel-lion@mail-line.freeserve.co.uk (wahat the hell kind of internet address is that!), this film is totally NOT FUNNY! Very gory! Gorier than THE EVIL DEAD (1979), but not gorier than NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (1968). Great music too (Daniel-lion says it was bad on his review, but he is a fag so what does he know!) and a nice setting. When Lucio Fluci made this it was called ZOMBIE 2 as a sequel to DAWN OF THE DEAD (1978) that was titled in Italy as ZOMBIE. Okay dubbing but saved by great photography (even the exagerated zooming in and zooming out effects are impressive. So watch tis film and forget these poor saps reviews.
Tony
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2000, 02:56:47 AM »

I consider this one of the better zombie movies, right after the Dead trilogy of George A. Romero. I think this was definitely one of Lucio Fulci's best, and still stands the test of time after all these years. The acting is not very realistic but the special make-up effects are what make this movie. Thats really the best thing about this flick, all the blood, gore and of those flesh-crunching zombies! The wood splinter thru the eye is classic, as well as that brutal throat-ripping scene! I still have an old issue of Fangoria magazine that covered this movie and even had that maggot-infested flesh eater on the cover! Even the music by Goblin has a bizarre appeal in a strange sort of way. All in all, this is a very good addition to any zombie fans video collection, right along with Dawn of the Dead and Gates of Hell.
Chris K.
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2000, 07:27:50 AM »

I must appologize about my hateful comments to teachbug@ipa.net and Daniel-lion@mail-line.freeserve.co.uk, but how is ZOMBIE a bad film. If it was it would not be out on video from Anchor Bay Entertainment in it's original 2.35:1 widescreen with trailers and radio spots.
Chadzilla
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Zombie rocks!  It may have its laugh enducing over the top moments (i.e. zombie v shark), but nonetheless the movie bends over backwards to please and that makes it even more endearing.  Great score to.

About those short burning molotovs, you don't think that Lucio was saving a buck by showing the same fire gag over and over again do you?  Naw, couldn't be, could it??????
Steve
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Re. "Zombie" This film was released in UK as "Zombie Flesh Eaters". It has been on and off the "Video nasty" list for years. It was broadcast recently by the ever reliable UK's Channel 4 - uncut - so I now have it in its original form. ZFE is one of Fulci's "better" bad movies, he crams as much gore and breasts in as possible. I think Richard Johnson (DR. Menard) must have seen his last overdraft statement. The music score is suitably sleazy, and the head-shots lesson seems to have been taken on board. Look out for Fulci's other badmovies eg - "House By The Cemetery" - not nice! The characters make the mistake of ignoring advice not to explore the cellar. Will these people never learn? Don't they watch Italian zombie-flix? Try to beg, steal, borrow, or tape Ruggero Deodato's "Cannibal Apocalypse" - it contains an all-time classic line of dialogue. The movie is set in Vietnam (You knew that anyway, didn't you?) and an officer finds one of his men about to chomp on a breast - "Oh my god! Put it down son!" Happy viewing - Steve.
Rosario Salotto
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I own all three of George A. Romero's Zombie movies, and they were great.  I have seen Lucio Fulci's "Zombie" a number of times, and it is a good horrow movie.  I especially enjoyed Susan (Auretta Gay), and Mrs. Menard (Olga Karlatos) getting naked in that movie.  I was a little upset when Susan got killed, but I also did not think they had to kill off Brian (Al Cliver) as well.  I predicted Dr. Menard's (Richard Johnson) death right from the start, because you had to know that he wasn't going to make it.  I think that the one major disapointment is the fact that you never know what happened to Ann (Tisa Farrow) and Peter West (Ian McCulloch) after they locked Brian in the bilge.  You never find out if Brian broke out of the bilge and killed them.  I think it's like that with a lot of zombie movies.
serge wohlgensinger
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2002, 10:24:27 AM »

I love that movie;and I am still scared a little bit by watching it.Because it HAS its scary moments;perhaps Olga beeing alone before the splinnter-scene.Or the most scary shot;the zombie walking alone on the empty street.The Synth-Score gives me the creeps since i first heard it;so simple and effective.The sadest thing about it:the times of that kind of movies has definitly gone.All the new digital bulls**t fast edited movies dont have any moods.who will watch Resident evil in 20 years? Call me nostalgic...
Riff
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

This movie is my favorit zombie movie, no question! The special effects are great, the theme song kicked ass, and it scared me!

This movie has a place in my top 10 favorits!
Robin
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

There was a sequel to this movie, called - logically - ZOMBIE 2.  It expanded on the underwater zombie v.s. the shark scene.

If you're a real ZOMBIE fanatic, a Rolling Stone contributing editor named Tim Cahill actually interviewed the shark handler for ZOMBIE 2; the interview was entitled "The Underwater Zombie" and it's included in a collection of Cahill's columns called Jaguars Ripped My Flesh.  Pretty funny.
Matt Barlett~~HOLLAND
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is what we call ranzig (tasty)!!
Especially the eyeball scene!

Itsa nice!!!! :):):):)

Jammer dat zulke films niet vaak in de bios komen :(
Maar jha, je kunt niet alles hebben, dus als je maar lol hebt.

Hè nederlanders?!!!

Holland rulezz!!
Haha, most of you can't read it, but the people who can will agree!! Stuur een mailtje als je wat wilt lullen over films!!
James Perry
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I read so much about these Fulci flicks I picked up three DVDs - Zombie, City of the Living Dead, The Beyond - and watched them earlier this month.  

Zombie:  Great zombies (shark scene was very cool...tits and etc) but the film doesn't have the constant urgency of Romero's flicks.  Fulci seems to replace this with high-level gore.  But I wasn't disappointed in the film and had a lot of anticipation for City of the Living Dead.  

City of the Living Dead:  Imagine my disappointment.  Gut puking?  That's a new one.  Gross does not equal scary in my book.  First time in a looooong time stomach was a little turned over.  But I finished watching.  I think my mood wasn't right for this.  I'll try again one day...hell, I own it now!  

The Beyond:  'scuse my while I put my hands in front of my eyes like a girl!  Lol  Several scenes here do that.  But you must watch this just to see the toy spiders destroy a librarian's face (for every fine you've had to pay)!  Funny as hell!

Fulci like his bugs!  But I can't help feeling I wasted my money on these.  Rent first!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Zombie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.