Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:56:12 PM
713365 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Zombie « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Zombie  (Read 48930 times)
LatinoMovieFan
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Here in the USA, it's also titled 'Zombie'

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005U128/ref=pd_rhf_p_2/002-9695593-8605621?v=glance&s=dvd&no=*
Borkelaer
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2005, 05:35:53 AM »

Good movie, wrong title. The movie is called zombie 2 AKA zombie flesh eaters, not zombie.
radioman970
New Visitor

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2007, 01:13:52 PM »

Best looking Zombies ever, IMHO. 
wtffilm
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2007, 03:20:26 PM »

Good movie, wrong title. The movie is called zombie 2 AKA zombie flesh eaters, not zombie.

Incorrect.  Zombie is the official international (re: English language) release title for the film.  It was re-christened Zombie Fleasheaters by distributors in the UK (who likewise re-christened Zombi 3 as Zombie Flesheaters 2 for its video release there).  Zombi 2 was the title in Italy alone in response to the previous years' Dawn of the Dead being released there as Zombi.  Referencing this film as Zombi 2 outside of Italy would have made little sense since, in other countries, there would have been no Zombi to preceed it.

Kindest regards,

Kevin P.
http://www.wtf-film.com
vdantev
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2008, 02:24:07 PM »

ICK!! Splinter through the eyeball in slow motion no less, gets me every time. what a great yet horribly violent movie.
VogNhymn
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2008, 07:16:38 AM »

Love this film. I love Lucio Fulci.  I love Fabio Frizzi's musical scores! One of my all time favorite zombie flicks!
drunkenbubba
New Visitor

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2009, 03:11:14 AM »

I love Romero and think that Dawn is a superior film, but Zombie had much better makeup, and the zombies gave more of a feeling of dread than Romero's did. Plus the zombie vs shark scene still really hasn't been topped yet.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2013, 10:19:30 PM »

My dad took me to see this at the drive-in theater back in 1980 when I was 6 years old. Yes, it was called Zombie here in the United States. It was called Zombie when we rented it on video 3 years later. Netflix gave us the international movie treatment when I saw it again in 2010 as Zombi 2.

The English dubbing is pretty bad; we're talking Hong Kong chop-socky movie dubbing material. But otherwise, the film quality is superb, especially the zombie vs. shark scene. I've read that they had to make sure that the shark was full and slightly tranquilized before the shoot, and that the zombie was actually the shark's real-life trainer!

I too, thought that the make-up for the zombies in this movie were superior to the ones in Dawn of the Dead (1978), and even in the 2004 remake. They looked like actual decomposed corpses brought back to life, as opposed to just some goofy bit actors in blue make-up. The female head prop for the wood-splinter-in-the-eye scene did look rather fake though, but what was left to the imagination was still pretty grotesque. And althought the movie had many slow moments, the overall pace of the film was adequate, especially the "first contact" scene on the boat in the New York City harbor where we got a ripped jugular death within the first five minutes of the movie. Not bad!  hot

I do recommend this movie for any horror film buff's movie collection, and especially for a fan of zombie movies!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 12:12:10 AM by zelmo73 » Logged

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2013, 11:16:32 AM »

My dad took me to see this at the drive-in theater back in 1980 when I was 6 years old. Yes, it was called Zombie here in the United States. It was called Zombie when we rented it on video 3 years later. Netflix gave us the international movie treatment when I saw it again in 2010 as Zombi 2.

Holy cow, Batman. You were 6 when you got to see this one? I was 16 (just barely under the age of for NC-17, but we knew the people who owned the theatre.  My mom took my cousin and I, and my mom had never seen anything like it before, and she was so nervus she ripped thru an entire bag of Reese's Peanut Butter cups!  My cousin and I, at the time, were somewhat experienced in gore from the advent of Fangoria magazine and Romero's Dawn Of The Dead and we were like, 'Cool!'  BounceGiggle

The The film quality is superb, especially the zombie vs. shark scene. I've read that they had to make sure that the shark was full and slightly tranquilized before the shoot, and that the zombie was actually the shark's real-life trainer!

Well, Jackie Chan was too busy falling off of buildings and getting banged up in so many other ways that they had  to get someone else to do it. I admit too that the film quality is superb, when you consider seeing Olga Karlatos nude and a topless Auretta Gay  hot

I too, thought that the make-up for the zombies in this movie were superior to the ones in Dawn of the Dead (1978), and even in the 2004 remake. They looked like actual decomposed corpses brought back to life, as opposed to just some goofy bit actors in blue make-up. The female head prop for the wood-splinter-in-the-eye scene did look rather fake though, but what was left to the imagination was still pretty grotesque. And althought the movie had many slow moments, the overall pace of the film was adequate, especially the "first contact" scene on the boat in the New York City harbor where we got a ripped jugular death within the first five minutes of the movie. Not bad!  hot

Fulci's makeup man, Gianetto Di Rossi, had a way of making Italian zombies really look dead. There's something quite disturbing about them, as if they were twisted puppets held up by some unknown plane of force. The 25th Anniv. Shriek Show DVD explains the eye-splinter scene in full detail, and does so in English as well.

The original Dawn Of The Dead was a better story while Zombi 2 was more a masterpiece of gore and a lesson about how to make truly gruesome effects w\o a budget. and like you, I too recommend this one for anyone's collection.  Good review!  Cheers

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Zombie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.