Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:27:41 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Robot Monster « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Robot Monster  (Read 82546 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2009, 09:21:02 AM »

it is actually an astronaut helmet TeddyR

yeah no.
KryptoTSD
New Visitor

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2009, 05:31:00 PM »

hot
I loved this movie, too!  It's as bad(good) as Plan 9 From Outer Space...
 hot

Havard
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2009, 02:23:16 PM »

I managed to get a VHS copy of "Robot Monster" in 3-D.  Perhaps the limited 3-D effects saved the movie from being included with my All-Time Worst candidates.  The very worst movie of all time is probably "ZaAt", which is actually so bad that I really couldn't stop watching it - I was mesmerized - maybe its just that I'm such a fan of "The Creature from the Black Lagoon (also in 3-D)" and kept wanting the movie to somehow get better.  It never did.  It is uniformly bad, from the very beginning to the very end.  "Robot Monster" is pretty bad, too, though.
Bones
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2010, 03:16:32 AM »

This movie is something a 4th grader might dream up and did. The ending floors me, I swear they just ran out of money and decided to kill the movie. Why does no one ever walk away from the Ro-man instead of just standing there waiting to be molested? Why does the boy in the story constantly imagine adults getting it on? Why does the main dude get his shirt off for no reason whatsoever? He doesn't even put a shirt on for his wedding!

I loved watching Ro-man go through his repetitive routine again and again, my flat mates and I were all cackling away every time he would come out of his cave, move the aerial to the top of his machine, turn around to his viewing screen where we get the same footage of his commander gesticulating and telling him what to do.

The parenting in this movie is terrible, it is known that there is a Ro-man wandering the valley nearby eager to kill all hu-mans yet the parents fail to supervise their children who constantly wander off to be done over by Ro-man, hell they even willingly sacrifice their son so they can sneak into his cave. Like they need a distraction to do that...

I try to tell myself this movie is actually genius but I think I somehow want to take something positive from this movie other than the laughs at how bad it is.
ArmyOfMachines25
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2010, 09:11:44 AM »

This movie is so great in the best/Worst cheesiest way imaginable. plan 9 from outer space is better though
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2010, 10:15:21 PM »

i would like to say at the clip's picture, you can vaguely see the actor's face Wink

yeah no.
gman9627
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2011, 11:54:59 PM »

his is hilarious
i just watched the movie and everything u said is spot on. Some more thins that quite don't make much sense are:
Why would the family rush in front of the screen when Ro-man "calls" them, they're practically telling him how many of them there are and what they plan to do.
When the professor is showing off his family the communicator thing shows a wide shot of the family then an individual shot of each person, how can that camera do that?!   
Can Ro-man hear every single thing that is outside the wires?
Why didn't king ro-man just use his special powers in the beginning and be done with it
What is Ro-man doing in that cave
there are probably so many more confusing things about this movie it ws hilarous
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2011, 11:21:10 PM »

Easily one of the best B movies ever. I'm particularly fond of the scene where you can see the hand moving a plane or something.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
1ring2rulethemall
New Visitor

« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2011, 07:11:31 PM »

To get the full effect of the bubble machine you need to see this film as originally released in 3D.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Robot Monster « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.