Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:38:54 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Sleepaway Camp « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Sleepaway Camp  (Read 44375 times)
Jared Reichard
« on: October 21, 1999, 08:33:03 AM »

Sleep away camp is definitly one of ,if not the , scariest movie i've ever seen.It is a a real corny movie and it dosen't make much sense, but by the end you realize that what we are dealing with is a movie with a brilliant writer, or writers,who save what true talent they have for the last minutee of the movie.Once this occures the rest of the movie pretty much falls intoo place,you finally think back and the rest of the movie makes sense, wich is the scariest thing of all.Sleep away camp is one of those psycologically disturbing movies.  
Courtney
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Sleep Away Camp is definately a classic- so bad it's good.  My moment of zen occured last Tuesday... while eating dinner I asked my date if he'd seen the movie (this actually is a good date question, since anyone who has sat through Sleep Away Camp can't be too uptight!) and he had... haha instant bond with a hottie- what more could I ask for?
ALi & Paulo
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

This film is brilliant. It is so funny, we were completley naive that you could actually kill someone with a hair curler. Whoever wrote this is a genius, and whoever made this deserves a medal. See this if you like bad movies, the end is So Good. (Better than that milk that you can keep in your cupboard.)
Ginnie
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I love all 3 of these... my friend and I were at the video store and we were looking for some good old horror movies that no one has ever heard of and we picked these up... the movie place acually had all 3... so anyways we watched them and they are now our favorite movies! I was looking for them the other day at blockbuster and no luck! I was really bummed, but I think that i will just have to resort to buying them... For anyone that hasn't seen all 3 of these great movies, you don't know what you're missing. Oh and by the way I don't think these are that scary I think they are hilarious!!! Like when they use fornicating instead of sex... HA
JesusThorn
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2002, 02:39:31 AM »

She has a sex change and wears weird underwear to hide the scars. She is in the third one, impersonating a girl she ran down with a dump truck.
Jesus Thorn
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is one of the most disturbing movies I have ever seen. I've never been the same since I saw it. A curling iron, for God's sake! Genius! The last moments are brilliant! Too bad the sequels were what they were. Sure, they tried to disturb us, what with the outhouse scene (woman drowns in feces and p**s, MmmMmm), but instead just had me racking my brain, trying to figure out WHY! The original is a classic. I hope the talk about the new sequel is true.
Brad David
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

One of the top most outstanding cheesies of all time.  If this classic is your style, you should also checkout "Don't Go in the Woods", and "The Nail Gun Massacre".  Their not quite as great but are very good.
Tabatha
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I loved this movie!!!!! The ending? great!! didn't see that coming!! What is really so bad? well I actually bought it!! ok and i have 2and 3!! I know I know!!! I really liked the Bee death scean the most!! I Never would have thought of that!! I don't really remember the curling iron, hey, i should watch it again!!! I soooooo remember the boiling water!!
Jacob
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Oh, man, this move was amazing. I came across it totally by accident, and it turned out to be something my friends and i obsess over. the ending...brilliant. and that creepy ass aunt. she's so scary. the first sequel wasn't all that great, i thought it went by too fast.but, i still need to see the third. as for part one.....genius, pure genius
ps; curling iron death rocks out.
Jesus Thorn
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Walking through a movie store today, I came across the Sleepaway Camp Survival Kit. A DVD Boxed Set with Sleepaway Camp 1,2 and 3 and a fourth DVD with the technical and behind the scenes making of 'Sleepaway Camp 4: The Survivors'. I was very tempted to buy it just for a sneak peek at the forth film, which apparently is a direct sequel to the first movie, starring the same actress who originally played Angela. What's her name?
penelope & nigel
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

did anyone notice that the creepy mother at the beginning was really the gay lover dressd in drag? its true i tell you. what does it all mean?
Timmy
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie ruined my life with that last seen.  It didn't really bother me when I first saw it.  It's the day after when you're trying to comprehend all of it.  It's like a hang over.  Me and my friends are now perminently scarred.  About 5 seconds before the end you relize what's going to happen.  But then you're like no that couldn't possibly be whats about to happen then it does!  The ending was definenly the most disturbing thing I have ever seen!  But if you don't include the ending it wasn't bad "you cock-suckers"
Kristina
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw the first movie last Sunday before I went to bed...and I had nightmares, and have been ever since.  I'll never be the same again.  I will be emotionally scarred forever thanks to that damned ending! (which is just NOT right!)  Then I told my friends about it...and I'm spreading the morally wrong values that movie portrays.  Thanks to you guys my whole town will be corrupted and disturbed.  Is Angela a man in the other two movies as well....I haven't seen the second....but I didn't think she was in the third.  Your writers have some messed up minds.    
philip pitta
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2002, 02:13:36 PM »

Sleepaway Camp is one of the scariest movies i,ve ever seen but i love it.That ending was extremely scary,however i have a question i hope somebody knows the answer to.Why was that cop wearing electrical tape for a moustache? Does anyone know? It looked so fake.
Tyler M.
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2004, 08:32:37 PM »

This has to be one of my favorite B horror movies I have ever seen,my absolute fav is The Evil Dead Trilogy which in my opinion is the greatest horror movie trilogy of all time.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Sleepaway Camp « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.