Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:49:40 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Return of the Living Dead « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Author Topic: Return of the Living Dead  (Read 118115 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: October 12, 1999, 11:27:10 PM »

Updated review!  Despite the film's ghoulish plot, you will laugh because the story is also clever and diabolically unfair to the characters who are faced with an army of brain-eating zombies that, sooner or later, will get them.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 06:42:10 PM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Dave of MonsterIsland
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 1999, 11:29:46 AM »

This is perhaps one of my all time favorite horror movies.  I haven't watched it in a while and seeing this review made me watch it again.  It is sooooo awesome!  A truly great zombie movie (I love Zombie movies!)  Thanks for the memories...
ChristopherKumm@webtv.net
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 1999, 09:45:13 AM »

This is without a doubt the scariest movie of all time,in my view!  I talked to Alan Trautman (Tarman) a while ago and he was suprised to see he had fans from this movie.  He is a great guy and played the Tarman role well the only flaw was that they made Tarman  little to smart, you know the chain bit and trying to get Freddys girlfriend.  No way could a zombie be that smart, but also that scary he looks like he had chickengravey all over his face yum yummy!  And they made his teeth very white and if you look at his eyes they have the glaze look to them,  Tarman without a doubt in my mind is the scariest zombie of all time only few come close to him!
AaronZombie@AOL.COM
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2000, 10:26:12 AM »

Some people don't consider this to be a sequel to Romero's trilogy...but it is!This is probably my 2nd fav. zombie flick of all time,behind Day of the Dead which is the best Zombie movie of all time.I love the soundtrack(I also have it),and I also love Linnea Quigley's charecter.Exciting,great story,acting,effects,humor,and music,*****out of*****.
Monte
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2000, 11:59:30 PM »

BEST horror movie of all time! We all know why it was; the real question is why wasn't the style and atmosphere of this film continued, instead of those laughable sequels that had the potential to become *real* bad movies?!
> Good news/bad news on the DVD issue-apparently several entities own a piece of this film, so in order to obtain the rights, a certain studio would have to shell out big bucks to own it. However, once this studio digs deep, they most certainly will want a maximum  return on thier investment$. This means that they would be willing to put together an elite widescreen presentation of the film(uncut of course), with all sorts of audio/video extras to appeal to the collector/fans. If you are a videofile horror phan, be resourceful and start screaming for MORE BRAINS(!) wherever you feel would help.
Max Levin
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2000, 02:42:38 PM »

Well, someone has to call this movie "not good", and guess who that is? I really donīt mean that this movie gives me headache(hehe... someONE else can give me that instead) but I dont see the logic behind the film. Why the hell must it end up with EVERYBODY DEAD(trade mark), and worse, WHY DO THEY HAVE ZOMBIES THERE? When you see films like the Dead movies, you know that the victims will be from feet to head eaten. Now why do these "zombies" just eat the brains in this movie. And: WHEN DID ZOMBIES LEARN HOW TO RUN? Nah, I canīt say that I really love this suckass b-movie but itīs funny now and then, so Iīll give it one and a half slime dripps... radioactive and stinky ones.
D.A. Kellough
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2000, 02:01:43 AM »

Love this movie! One of my all-time favorites.

Here's a fun bit of trivia. The punky tune Linnea strips to, "Tonight, We Make Love (Until we Die)," is performed by a group called SSQ. SSQ is an earlier incarnation of Stacey Q, the bubbly, upbeat, cute, blond, 80s dance pop singer best known for 1986's "2 of Hearts."

I saw on VH-1 that she's some kind of Buddhist guru these days.

Interesting career path.
Bill
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2000, 10:19:46 PM »

There is no other movie like this. (well, that goes without saying, I guess.)   I can remember going around for weeks after seeing telling everyone "I'll bus 'em in da damn head!" (Spider rules, for a silly 80's jerry-curled punk-boy.)  For those that have a copy, if you listen closely when Burt crashes the car into the dumpster (with two zombies on the hood), right as Casey and Chuck run to the window, you can hear one of the zombies scream, "Oh, sh*t!"  I used to have a copy myself, on a Beta video tape, and actaully managed to wear the tape out before Beta VCRs were discontinued. I am a total fan of this movie.  Part 2 sucked ass, though.  #3 was decent (read: lots of bloody gore and stuff), but it didn't capture the same spirit.
Jeff
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie really takes me back to the cheesy 80's, when I was a little punk rocker myself!  I always wondered if Tina is really a punk rocker or does she just hang out with them?  Also, does the Tarman's head really hit Cassie's leg when Burt knocks it off with a baseball bat, or does it just appear to?  I have watched this movie over and over and I never get tired of it.
FallenOrb
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I LOVE THIS MOVIE. I have gone thru about 4 copies over the years. Just to be picky, Spider is a "rude boy", Tina and Cassie and Chuck are "mods" and Suicide and Scuz and Trash are punks.  Freddie on the other hand i am not sure. He has that mid early 80's metal look about him but i do not quite know. I guess i just grew up with this was happing and whe i look back i see myself and my friends. We should all push for the DVD of this film even if it means we have to back it.
Izzy
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD- quite possibly the definitive horror-comedy film. I have a funny story behind this one- i was in a mall when I was seven or so. Both my mother and I loved this movie, and we walked into the video store to buy a copy. But it wasn't there. We asked the clerk if we could find one anywhere else, and she said that it would be almost impossible. I left, disenchanted. After wandering through the mall for a little while longer, i walked into Camelot music, and right there on theirmovie shelves were ten gorgeous copies of Return of the Living Dead, at the low price of just $9.99. I am 14 now, and I still have that movie. And I still love that goddamn movie!
Joe Stalin
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I know why Ernie the mortician had that pistol.In case someone turns out not to be dead and gets up and trys to leave.Ernie would just gun them down and start preparing the body.I mean, its not that far fetched is it?He's a mortician...AND HE PACKS HEAT!What kind of wierd ass crap is that?Other than that wierd aspect, a rather enjoyable little bit of art, suitable for the elderly and toddlers alike, I say.
bloodandivory
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Okay, first thing... just to clear up confusion... I remember a "Fangoria" interview with James Karen (Frank) from the time, and he said Lianna Q. (Trash) was never actually naked below the waist.  She was wearing something.

Now, I adore, love and worship this film!  There is not a wrong scene, line or moment in it!  Everything is either hysterical or actually creepy... sometimes both at the same time!  Imagine Romers's zombies... except intelligent, fast and hip!

The acting is also far better than you'd expect.  The director rehearsed the film like a play and let the actors have input on what happened to their characters.  Frank, for instance, was supposed to run amuck in typical zombie fashion, but actor James K. came up with the crematorium ending.  I think any director like that is very cool asnd it certainly worked for this film.  At times the acting is corny, but it is always in character.

One story I recall from mags at the time... if you don't know it, it is a goodie... (but I don't know how many minutes into the film it is, sorry)

Okay... Tina (preppy dweeeb... Freddie's gf) has gone looking for him at the med supply warehouse and finds Tarman in the basement instead.  The actress was supposed to run up the stairs and crash through the trick step... which was the forth one.  (I know, it was the third one... hold on...)

No matter how many times they rehearsed it, she was afraid of falling and wouldn't come down hard enough to break the trick step.  The director told her it was okay, and they would skip the stunt.  He sent everyone to lunch... and THEN had the carpenters rig the third step without telling anyone.

When Tina hits that step and falls through... her scream is absolutely real!  The actress had no idea it was going to happen!

I love that story.

Anyway, if you haven't seen this film you absolutely must!  It is the best time!  The soundtrack (which I believe is OOP, unfortunately) is terrific, and I defy any horror fan to sit still when "Party Time" begins to play!
bloodandivory
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Oops... I forgot to say... one critique...

The red haired corpse puppet was fantastic looking, granted, but it is quite impossible to say "the pain of being dead" without lips.  

Try it.  
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2001, 08:50:12 PM »

Ok, I realize it is just a movie, but I have to make this minor point.  How come Trash becomes a zombie after being eaten by the graveyard corpses, but Suicide stays dead after being eaten by the Tarman?  I would think that the chemical Trioxin 245 would be more potent coming from the slimy man himself.  Think about it, Frank and Freddy got zombiefied and they only got squirted in the face by the gas from the tank.  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Return of the Living Dead « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is Đ 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.