Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:24:53 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Brain from Planet Arous « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Brain from Planet Arous  (Read 64905 times)
paul westbrook
« on: November 08, 1999, 12:08:17 PM »

Wow! What a real "brain-teaser". This is a remarkably good Bmovie, and there are not many. I enjoyed the story. It kept me entertained. Of course, I had nothing else in "mind" to watch. So, for allthose bad movie lovers out there, get a copy of Brain from Planet Arous today. It will blow your"mind". Kiss your Brain" goodbye.
Ken Begg
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 1999, 02:48:01 PM »

Boy, you can say that again!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 1999, 01:16:35 PM »

that movie was so stupid
Stefan Robak
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2000, 01:05:26 PM »

I saw this movie when it was on Space and I got to say it was a fun film.  Not smart in the least but harmless and fun.  Enjoy.
Kelly
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2000, 12:11:11 AM »

Did anyone else notice the rubber face mask and the blinking eyes of the supposedly dead (or perhaps comatose??) fella when the girl discovers him in the lab??  It was in the mpeg on this site, the chick backs into him and almost pulls his rubber mask off (you can see it wrinkle up under his chin) and she almost slaps him in the face, making him blink.  We're talking state-of-the-art here...
His Shadow
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2000, 10:31:23 AM »

I just love that line "You can help me save the Earth from a terrible experience.  Yes, the whole Earth"  It sounds so patronizing.  "Yes, the whole Earth.  Not just part of it.  The whole thing.  Which is better than a mere fraction, etc." Teeheehee!
jim
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie holds a soft spot in my.... well...somewhere lower than the heart. Back in the late 70's I was working as a film editor at a Television station in Mich. and I was lucky enough to edit this movie for air. Well, anyway, whoever ran the movie on that evening screwed up and the last 6 minutes of the movie were not aired. AND WE ACTUALLY GOT CALLS!! So our station director made one of those great executive decisions and we ran the last 6 minutes the next day as part of our evening newscast!
Macabre Matt
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

One of the greatest 50's Sci-Fic movies ever made! I love Gor, (the floating brain), I love how Agar distroys the plane by simply staring at it. It's hilarious!!!!!!!!!
The Brain Surgeon
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Yes. After analyzing this movie, I discovered that the Bad Brain from Planet Arous definitely had an aneurysm waiting to happen. Given a few more hours, it would have self destructed anyway. None the less, MRI or not, this movie was very intellectual and stimulating. Probably the best movie ever made. But then again, I really enjoyed Fiend Without a Face, Donovan's Brain, and The Brainiac. Oh well, I have to get back to the OR. Take care fellow brain lovers!
Countess Zarina
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Watch for Ken Terrell, who also played Jess the two fisted butler in ATTACK OF THE FIFTY FOOT WOMAN, playing a General in this movie.  Also Thomas B; Henry from EARTH VS. THE FLYING SAUCERS is here and is that Mel Welles (LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS) playing the Russian delegate?
   Whether he likes it or not this is the mopvie John Agar will always be remembered for (until HAND OF DEATH becomes accessible anyway).  He is really terrific.  Just one thing bothers me, at the end of the movie he axes the evil brain into jello.  Unless there is something left of it to show to the Army asd proof that all this really happened isn't he in deep trouble for blowing up all the stuff and deep frying those people?
   The brain is really good too, thanks to the few scenes where it is not transparent we see that it is really more detailed than just an overinflated balloon painted in day-glo colours.  It had veins on it the really pulsated and looked really decent.  All in all a fun movie.
Major giggles
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2005, 06:17:22 AM »

Twas a great movie, I only bought it on dvd for a laugh but I was entertained I sold it on ebay after watching it.
Sue
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is a movie from my past that has actually remained with me since its t.v. premier!  I love this movie, as schlocky as it is... Have you seen the HBO movie 'The Miracle Mile' with Anthony Edwards and Mare Winningham? It's been on a few times this month on satellite, and it features (however briefly) an older (70-80's)John Agar, (!!!!!)   and 'The Brain' has been such a memory for me that, when I saw Mare's character's Grandpa smile, I though, omygawd, I know that guy! Other than the fact that I love 'The Miracle Mile', I had to watch the credits to see who it was - - - - (I knew) - - - - JOHN AGAR - - - - that smile is UN-DE-niable! I want to find this movie and buy it for my video collection... and mind you, I DON'T buy VHS tapes. But hey, I'm 49 years old and have enjoyed finding your website and reminiscing about a movie that I have NEVER been able to forget!

kEEP IN TOUCH. Thanks.
Ron Rinaolo
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

A real classic. I've watched it dozens of times and it never fails to entertain.  Agar makes the movie.  The special effects are SO bad that I'm not sure whether to laugh or feel sorry for the people responsible for this gem.  One last thing...there is a John Agar website.  It is fairly complete, but somehow fails to mention his role here.  I wonder how much money he made for this.
L.E.D.-G
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I loved this movie so much I used the "Yes the whole earth" comment for my song, "HELL SCAPER" from Beatmania 5th Mix.
firebird
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2004, 08:25:53 AM »

One brainless brain movie and its kinda silly as well why would the good brain take over a dog? but i guess the director wasnt using his brain at all
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Brain from Planet Arous « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.