Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:36:05 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Giant Gila Monster « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: The Giant Gila Monster  (Read 72365 times)
TD
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2005, 09:03:16 AM »

You are wrong...that is definitely NOT Scotty Beckett.  Not even close.
Charles
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Pretty poor movie and plot.  But I think it's a
hoot not to have to bleep every other word.  I kind
of liked the Mushroom song. Isn't it appropreate
"laugh children laugh"
Uluhead
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2006, 03:16:22 PM »

I personally thought this was a pretty decent film.
Cleo
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This film is fun, in a cheezy way. Not the singing, of course. (I got that Mushroom song stuck in my ear for a few days, so now mute the sound when that comes on.)
But I rather liked the way the rock-n-roll and eerie swamp music came together at the end.

One thing bugs me, though. Chase is telling the sheriff he can't afford a new headlight for $4 because he's saving for his sister's leg braces, but a little earlier, he's offering Harris $150 for his old car. He lost credibility with me at that point.

One more thing-what good is that sheriff, anyway? He drops the ball in every possible way in this film. Can't even take a good photo of skidmarks.

Kidofthe50s
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This was your prototype 50's drive in classic. The kind of movie you'd take your Gal with to see at the drive in and not watch too much of the film...wink.....

Anyway, it had a decent plot. To show you how times have changed early in the film the Sheriff is questioning Chase about the disappearence of Pat Wheeler and his girlfriend and asks Chase is they were 'In any kind of trouble?"...Chase slowly replys, "What do you mean trouble?" The Sheriff cocks his head sideways and replys, "You know what I mean."....obviously he was implying as to whether or not the two missing teens were going to be a Mommy and Daddy?....It's obvious in those days you could not come out and say it. These days they'd probably showed the two going at it in the back seast prior to the Giant Gila Monster coming down on them like he did!

I liked the film and plan to purchase on DVD as I have a large collection of Sci-Fi drive-in type films from the 50's and 60's.
J. Escamilla
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2008, 10:53:00 AM »

I have to comment on the opening scenes in the teen hang out after the film's opening credits roll out. There is this kid sitting at the counter with his girlfriend doing this nutty looking dance while sitting down. Everyone looks out a window to the left of the scene as people drive up, yet, all the people come in from the opposite side of the scene through the door. So this is called "crossing the line" in the editing business.

Also, the girl Jenny who is with her guy in the center of the others, seems to have "eyes" for Chase, and glancing resentment toward Lisa Simone who plays Chase's girlfriend. Watching this entire scene and the way Jennifer looks at Chase, seems to suggest maybe they hooked up or she was jealous of the girl playing Chases girlfriend.

I am an editor and had to re-edit some of the sound for a company who released this on a DVD. I had to watch this film over and over again and caught some pretty funny bloopers, especially here in the opening scene.

JE
Giant Claw Jr
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2008, 10:55:29 AM »

I can aciualy remember this movie and one could rraly tell that it was a regular sized gilamonster walking amounst matchbox cars
Thee Dr.
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2008, 09:11:56 AM »

Wait...there's bloopers in this film? Who woulda thought?! You destroyed my perfect image of it!  Smile
Nathan Hofstad
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2009, 12:34:10 AM »

You know what's hilarious about this movie? There's not actually a Gila monster in it at all! The car-shoving, model-train set wrecking, teenager-stalking reptile is actually a Mexican beaded lizard, which is also venomous and very closely related to the Gila. Oh yeah, both these lizards essentially feed on things that can't move away or they trap in a hole, like quail eggs or baby gophers, so the majority of the victims could just've broken into a jog and told that big lizard to eat their dust. TongueOut

All that aside though, this is one of my all-time favorite cheesy monster-on-the-loose 50's flicks. I love Chase's character, and the theme music I find to be truly haunting and chilling.

Unfortunately, I also had to endure the agony of listening to that excruciating song not once, but TWICE! I've heard power saws that were less irritating!
Vera
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2010, 02:15:46 PM »

I love the Giant Gila Monster! Have since I was a kid. Cute monster. Great Cars!
My favorite scene is when you see the Gila monster flick his tongue at the old guy driving the diesel semi and the tongue flicking apparently scares the truck off the road...
Since everyone admits to hating Chase's Mushroom song, try changing the words to fit your mood. I generally sing, "and the Lord said, "run! children run!" Twirling
courtland
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2010, 02:07:40 PM »

FOR REAL PEOPLE...YOUR BAD TALKING THIS MOVIE? IT'S THE BEST THEY CAN DO BACK THEN...ITS CLASSIC B MOVIE!!! AND BECAUSE OF MOVIES LIKE THIS, WE GET JARASIC PARK, AND DRAGON MOVIES...OK GODZILLA HAD HELP TOO!! ELVIRA LIKES IT, AND SO DO I. WELCOME BACK ELVIRA, SO GLAD THE MOVIE MACABRE IS BACK ON THE AIR. AND GLAD ITS THE REAL YOU AND NOT THE NEW YOU...WHAT HAPPENED TO HER ANYWAYS? LONG LIVE CASSANDRA PETERSON!!!!!! ( SORRY FOR BAD SPELLING! )
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Giant Gila Monster « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.