Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:54:46 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Star Crystal « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Star Crystal  (Read 39604 times)
DavidFullam
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2009, 11:19:57 AM »

Little story about this film. Back in the late 1980s when it came out, my older brother and I rented it from now defunct "mom and pop" style video store up the street. What was interesting was that the film was simultaneously playing at the closest thing we had to a actual grind house theater in town. So yes, there was indeed a time where a zero budget film could be on video, while at the same time also hit the second run theaters.
Kevin Wickart
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2009, 08:14:50 AM »

Oddly, the screen inside the SC-37 shows both shuttles from a third person view. I am not sure how that works.

They forgot to retrieve the IMAX camera. Happens all the time in bad space movies.
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 05:37:00 PM »

A riff fest in the waiting! Cheers

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
ShifterCat
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2009, 12:32:01 AM »

Now, if I were to write a story in which an alien is converted to Christianity (I wouldn't, I'm just playing with ideas here), I sure as hell wouldn't have it convert by reading the Bible. After all, that doesn't necessarily work for humans, and we've got (some) cultural context!

No, I would make my alien something that absorbs information by consuming flesh, like the one in _The Creeping Terror_. The human crew figures out that the alien is using information from the dead crewmembers' brains against them, and that its attitude towards humanity has been influenced by the mental state its victims were in when they were killed. A virtuous Christian crewmember asks herself, "WWJD?" and decides that to save humanity, she should allow the alien to devour her, while keeping herself in as serene a mental state as she can. (Naturally, there'd be a scene of her standing before the alien with her arms held out, reciting prayers to steady herself.) The alien, absorbing all of this, is suitably impressed and decides that it should look into this religion that so inspired her.
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2009, 02:39:53 PM »

Now, if I were to write a story in which an alien is converted to Christianity (I wouldn't, I'm just playing with ideas here), I sure as hell wouldn't have it convert by reading the Bible. After all, that doesn't necessarily work for humans, and we've got (some) cultural context!

No, I would make my alien something that absorbs information by consuming flesh, like the one in _The Creeping Terror_. The human crew figures out that the alien is using information from the dead crewmembers' brains against them, and that its attitude towards humanity has been influenced by the mental state its victims were in when they were killed. A virtuous Christian crewmember asks herself, "WWJD?" and decides that to save humanity, she should allow the alien to devour her, while keeping herself in as serene a mental state as she can. (Naturally, there'd be a scene of her standing before the alien with her arms held out, reciting prayers to steady herself.) The alien, absorbing all of this, is suitably impressed and decides that it should look into this religion that so inspired her.
That accually makes sence...THATS scary!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Gar
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 03:04:19 AM »

I only did it in self defense..  I hope you all respect my choice to help people instead of killing them.  And to stop making fun of my movie..  I acted my little slimy, sluggish heart out at the end, so give me a break!
Barry
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2010, 08:17:28 PM »

Say what you want about the movie, but I just love the kind of background music in these old 80's movies. Including the stuff Roger and Cal are listening to when they are drinking together.

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Star Crystal « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.