Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:16:58 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Dolemite « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Dolemite  (Read 61050 times)
BTalbott
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2000, 09:09:27 AM »

Dolemite is the true Mack Daddy! A real Pimp! He is the one that started it all. As he has said before, "I was through with it before y'all even knew what to do with it." Dolemite and Dolemite II has enough funny one liners, you will not run out for years. Just the horrible plots and production will keep you in stitches. The stuff he says and does is unreal. I do think you have to be familiar with "Black Culture" to truly understand and appreciate this film and character. BUT BY ALL MEANS... DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND RENT THIS FOR A GOOD LAUGH. "I aint lyin'!" - Dolemite

P.S.
"It's like the bath tub said to the toilet... I get just as much ass as you get, but I don't have to put up with all of that s**t" - Dolemite
berard
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2000, 03:24:45 PM »

This is the best damn movie ever made. I went out and bought it after I rented it.
Cham
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Hmmm...RUdy Ray Moore is a real jackass. Cool movie though. Your rat soup eatin' honkey motherf**ker!!! I give it 3.5/5. The sequel The Human Tornado is even better.
Kent Eyed
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I've been quoting this movie for weeks now, and I can't get the "Dolemite" theme or that song "Time on the Side" out of my head, you rat soup-eating, jock-jawed, mutha f@$#%s!  By all means, if you are on this site, and love bad (and bad-ass) movies, you've got to get "Dolemite!"  
RIMJOB
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Dolemite isn't a good movie. Dolemite is the biggest waste of time. The fights blow, his one-liners are HORRIBLE. There is no action until the last 10 minutes of the movie. Dolemite ain't s**t. Shaft is good, but Dolemite has 0% action, 0% comedy & 100% boredom. You will feel like an a***ole for buying or renting this piece of s**t.
Da Kutt
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2001, 07:18:56 PM »

Thats one bad-ass mother f**ker of a movie
Matt
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2001, 01:44:37 AM »

kick ass movie. but who you call The Creeper, I have always called him Hamburger Pimp. It just seems to fit. Thought people might like to know.
Walsh maine muthafucka
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The best use of the word "f**k" and "mother f**ker" ever
Doug Bodden
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Dolemite is probably the weakest of Rudy Ray Moore's four feature films (but still a masterpiece, in a wierd way). I must recommend "The Avenging Disco Godfather" above all for its portrayal of what it's like to be on PCP (Wack), and "Petey Wheatstraw, the Devil's Son-in-Law" has without doubt the most well-developed plot of any RRM movie. FYI I own a copy of "Dolemite II, the Human Tornado" and I do NOT recommend it as a date movie, ever. Unless she really like Malt Liquor, in which case all bets are off.

Best enjoyed with a 40 of St. Ides. Or two.
Ruben
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

My friends and I found out about this movie through this site, and decided to check it out. After just one showing, we were hooked. Rudy Ray Moore is the greatest pimp daddy of them all. Forget Willie Greene..DOLEMITE is the baddest muthafu**a the world has ever seen! We now walk around campus randomly shouting out lines from the movies. This movie is, without a doubt, one of the greatest B-movies of all time. And if you don't agree with me, then they gonna have to remove these hush puppies out yo muthafu**in a$$!!
Scott Mardis
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"Dolemite" is one of my all time favorite movies and gets my vote for best blaxploitation movie ever made!Rudy Ray Moore has an electrifying screen presence and the in-your-face street level atmosphere keeps you glued from start to finish.Anyone that doesn't like this film has no grasp on the real Black experience during the 70's,which were heady times for everyone.This film is an excellent rebuttal to the castrated,politically correct times we live in.Dolemite is the ultimate Ghetto hero.No offense to Shaft,Superfly or Black Caesar,but this movie is as lowdown and funky as it gets!Truly an underrated classic.The sequel,"The Human Tornado", is almost as good and is a must-see,as well.
Scott
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2002, 11:03:00 AM »

Please do not take this movie too seriously.
chi
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

First of all, this site is excellent! And just when I thought I've seen every bad movie ever made, I discover that I somehow missed DOLEMITE!!! This movie is the "Stairway To Heaven" of bad movies. I laughed until tears rolled down my face during several scenes. Things I learned:

-It's easy to post bail for triple homicide and heroin possesion.

-If boiling water doesn't do the trick, then just apply direct flame.
joe
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

If you only saw the boom mike once, you weren't paying much attention. This is the first movie ever where the boom mike asked for third billing, and SAG actually granted the challenge.
Dolemite Fan
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie was so good it made me cry. Thanks for the great
review, it was the review that made me buy this movie and
watch it three times without having a dull moment. BTW,
I also made many of my friends and guests watch it. Those
with taste and class remained my friends, and it was good
riddance for those who didn't have the brains to appreciate
it. I also ended up buying "The Human Tornado" and "Disco Godfather". THD definitely surpasses the high standards set
by Dolemite, and in my not-so-humble opinion represents
the creme-de-la-creme of the 70s culture. The only unfortunate part is that after the movie, your life can only go downhill.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Dolemite « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.