Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:56:55 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Dolemite « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Dolemite  (Read 61225 times)
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2004, 07:05:59 PM »

Finally, proof of another dimension to this universe: The Rudy Ray Moore Continuum, where you require a black belt in karate to be a prostitutes in L.A., street jive is preferred over a drivers license for I.D. and hamburger pimps are roving our streets to get their next meals (without fries, though) The HUMAN TORNADOE is equally great as well.
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I like in the Human Tornado when he says "Move over muthaf****... and don't say a f***in' word!".... and taking Willie Greens guts out with his hand in Dolemite I
Jeff
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Dolemite, and The Human Tornado are two of the funniest movies I've ever seen!
EQ
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Nearly 20 years ago, my college friends and I thought we were "retro" by screening various blaxploitation films just for the fun of it.  At the time, some of the films were only 10-15 years old and many of our parents were young enough to have seen them in the cinema when they were released.  Out of them all, "Dolemite" hit us like a ton of really funny bricks.  Yes, the visible boom mics and wires and the cheesy Kung Fu and the wild conventions (Queen Bee's Kung Fu hookers) were funny in and of themselves.  But for the fellas -- we just kept looking at ol' Rudy and saying "This?  This guy is the Super Mack?  This scraggly, fat, bloodshot-eyed buffoon?"  And we loved him.  And yes, in our late 30's, we still regularly quote lines from the film.  The movie is funniest if you have been drinking and take turns with the remote, permitting drunken one-liners from the audience at every possible interval.  Remember: back then people were tired of "being hassled by The Man."  Dolemite just decided to do something about it.  If you don't take yourself too seriously, Dolemite is worth an annual viewing.
hutter
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is a great way to weed out your un-hip friends, just pop in Dolemite(or The Human Tornado) and if they are with it, keep 'em. If they don't get it, are offended, or try to play "Mystery Science Theater" throughout the movie, send 'em packing. F--k what Hollywood or the mainstream critics says is a classic. Dolemite is, warts and all, a movie that does what movies are supposed to do: entertain our asses. Long live Rudy Ray Moore.
JMR3000
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I would love to see Dolemite in Gotham City in the 1960s.  He'd take over that town in a week.  "Holy profanity, Batman!  My ears are bleeding!"

CAN the Dynamic Duo survive the odious onslaught of salacious slang??

WILL the Kung Fu Hookers defeat the bumbling henchmen of the city's master criminals??

Tune in next week to find out!  Same Bat-Time, same Bat-channel!
Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2010, 11:34:50 AM »

The boom mike gets more action than the main star!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Dolemite « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.