Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 15, 2024, 12:38:44 AM
712707 Posts in 53033 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Babes in Toyland « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: Babes in Toyland  (Read 128404 times)
Squishy
« on: December 16, 1999, 07:22:05 AM »

Wow, I hope I can see this someday. It looks like it REALLY hurts.
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 1999, 11:40:57 AM »

If you moviephiles out there want to really enjoy this flick, then you should check out the original Laurel and Hardy version. You will not be disappointed.
arrr
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 1999, 11:42:22 PM »

i remember this movie, one big can of awful
Stefan Robak
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2000, 10:39:46 AM »

I remember this 2.  When I was 7, I was quite scared of the one eyed bird thing.  Looking back on it, the monster (and the movie) was really lame and was easily defeated.  And what's the guy from Empty Nest doing in this movie?
Xalis
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2000, 03:59:50 PM »

Hey,I loved this movie.  You people have no taste.
Erinnakitta
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2000, 12:40:04 PM »

I don't care if this movie stunk or if it was fabulous. Drew Barrymore makes it incredibly worth while.
katmann
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2000, 01:58:13 AM »

So this movie blows moose balls, but at least it boasts the earliest crotch shot of Drew's career
(but definitely not the last!).
   Just watch as she climbs from the back of myagi/santa's sleigh, (by the way , how many times does her dress change colours?).
   And an added bonus....NO PANTIES!!
Enjoy!!
MechaZack
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2002, 11:33:46 AM »

Keanu Reeves and no Matrix-cam?
Robert Green
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2000, 12:48:42 PM »

I saw this when NBC first aired it(3 hour running time, padded with huge ad blocks of course.)

I agree with the review, BUT you missed a (in my mind) very funny line from Mulligan.

He's ranting about how he's going to frame Jack for the cookie theft, I think and the phrase 'Federal cookie deficit' is mentioned(I forget the exact quote, would have to rewatch, agh)

I just like 'Federal cookie deficit', the only really funny line I found in the movie

Keep up the good work
wrygrass
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2000, 08:43:44 PM »

What you have not been able to perceive is that Babes in Toyland is really the prequel to The Matrix. It shows the first too perfect matrix programed by the AI and rejected by humans. Sheesh--I would have thought that was obvious!
Miss Rori
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2000, 02:29:45 PM »

According to Leonard Maltin's movie guide, this film was originally 150 minutes!  (Thus a three-hour time slot allowed for a half-hour of commercials.)  Which is to say that the version most of us have seen at least part of (in my case) is almost an hour *shorter*!
The_Cynical_Critic
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I know people weren't expecting much from a film once sold with the purchase of a Happy Meal at McDonald's (damn the people at Burger King, they sold Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon videos). The funniest thing about that is that I bought a copy.

My expectations were low as low could be and even though this film is very poor, I thought it's unintentionally hilarious. My favorite 2 lines from the movie were from the grouchy store manager ("Christmas time is snow time and in no time it'll be Christmas again") and when Lisa turned the mayor/judge's words around after locking him in jail ("Sorry, but that's the way the Cookie Kingdom crumbles. Ha ha, little joke").
Susan Henry
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw this movie on Optus (coz I live in Australia) and I thought Keanu and Drew looked cute together (Keanu looks cute by himself anyway!)and who ever doesn't like this version of 'Babes in Toyland' obviously has no taste at all!
Green Hornet
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Yeah, it rips off "Wizard Of Oz", but also Laurel & Hardy's "March Of The Wooden Solders" which had a REASON for 6ft "G.I. Joes" being around. But let's have pity on the cast and crew; like the Disney version before them, they had to follow Stan and Ollie's act. Poor saps!
R. Holland
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2001, 11:23:20 PM »

This is a great movie for elementary age children, 8-12,. It is not intended for teenagers and adults.  It would be helpful for an adult to advise the children that everything is make-believe and that nobody really gets hurt.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Babes in Toyland « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.