Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:31:44 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Beastmaster « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Beastmaster  (Read 67807 times)
Lars
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I love this movie and have seen it several times.  I, like most others, have trouble with the sequels, and Marc Singer did not age well.  This movie is a good place to get ideas for the Fetish Ball, held here in Los Angeles every year, and I would swear some of the exact costumes have been worn there.  I much prefer this movie to Conan, but I did like that movie with the twins--can't remember the name of it.  However, I still like The Golden Voyage of Sinbad better.
Kootfly
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Hey there!

Just got this movie and well...lot to say. First of all, I was kinda sickened and disturbed when the witch used her magic and transferred unborn baby Dar from his mother's womb to that of a cow's! Gross! Think I vomited the first time I saw that. The music isn't too bad but can get monotonous.

The story was okay...although a classic to be watched on a rainy day. I wanted to see more of Dar's childhood but the stupid producers concentrated on this boring desert scenery and him handling his animals. I love animals but what he does with his ferrets is well....his business!

It's one of those movies that can be considered "watcheable" since I was 7 when I first saw it. Watch it for yourself and be your own judge.
Ray
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Saw this movie some 15 or 20 years ago. Saw it about 7 or 8 times consecutively if memory serves. Dying to get a copy, vhs or DVD, doensn't matter. Only problem, cant get it in this country (Australia), and to get it from the states would be a waste of time, as their formats in both vhs and DVD dont work here down under.

I loved most of the films of this type, sword and scorcery. Hell, it got me right into AD&D, and because I couldnt find any D&D at the time, it got the cerebral juices flowing sufficiently, I set down and created my own sword and scorcery game.

Kudos to them all I say...
Steven A. Grainger
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Can't believe you don't mention Keri is Tanya Robert's. I mean you don't get to see one of Charlie's Angels show their tits that often-OK Farrah you do but still. Tanya Still looks pretty hot today, check out the ditzy mom on That 70's Show.
Chris
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

True, this movie was sub-par, even as sword and sorcerry/ barbarian movies go, but it's still a fun movie to watch on a rainy weekend afternoon or late at night when you can't get to sleep. Plus Tanya Roberts was/is a total babe!
Silvia Liliana Barboza
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The Beastmaster is my favourite adventure movie, it has nice sreenshots,  beautiful music!!!!, nice story, good actors, and amussement for all kind of audiences, could look silly for those type of persons that only enjoy cruel violence and dirty bloody sex scens, but this is not a silly movie,it's a great ficcion fantacy product of hollywood, one of the best in the adventure matter, I want to have it in my DVD colection, I didn't buy it yet.
fil
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

1. Wasn't it funny when they were showing that one witch, scrolled up her fine-ass body, and then got to her face? Hah.

2. They're not "flesh-and-blood" cousins unless she is from the father's side of the family. However, considering the amount of inbreeding royals do, I wouldn't be surprised if his parents were brother and sister.
yannick
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Damn am i the only one that loved this movie or what.

Yes this movie was great, but the sequels and the tv show sucked.
James Perry
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I was thrilled when the DVD was released.  This became one of my favorites.  Great movie to look at and Singer is terrific!  But my favorite is Papa Evans (from Good Times) and that kid.  They're a fun team.  I would've liked to see them do more together in the movie.  The perfectly timed bits near the end were hilarious...you just gotta say "Oh, what the hell" and clap for out heroes!  Great fun.
octo
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

hey this movie was great, i loved it when i was a kid and it was on TV. After that i always hoped it would be shown on TV and i watched it everytime it was... truth is when ur  a kid u don't really care much of what it is but what it contained... swords and magik, a person who can communicate with animals etc...
But now i'm all grown up this movie does bring back memories however it ain't as great as it seemed. This isn't a bad movie at all... its quite good infact and in the middle of its class with willow and the likes better it.
Steve
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

OK, this one was bad, but not fatally bad. Marc Singer was a believable heroic hunk, if not a great actor, Tanya Roberts was beatiful, and John Amos makes a much better Chairman of the Joint Cheifs of Staff, but all in all it wasn't that bad.The animals were great, better actors than any of the principles. As W.C.Fields said "never work with children or animals" the animals stold the show. The end of the film was magnificent, however, the baiiles very well done. I was impressed,
Kazairl
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Yes, an enjoyable sword-sorcery movie, and the baby-transferring into the cow is FREAKY, as are the Bat-people.  For the curious, it is EXTREMELY LOOSELY based on the Andre Norton science-fiction novel The Beastmaster (Andre Norton disavowed the movie.)  The novel is about a Navajo Terran soldier starting his life on a new planet after Earth has been fried in an interstellar war.  (Yes, the movie is THAT LOOSELY BASED on the book.)  For the disbelieving, the hero of the book is telepathically bound to his combat team of animals, which are a large cat, an African Black Eagle, and 2 meerkats.

night heron
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2004, 09:32:41 PM »

How come the juns where those freaky masks? are the ugly as sin underneith? or do the look like weirdos or what ever? And as for DAR  well he can realy say LITTLE BIRD TOLD ME(LITTLE BIRD?)and the villager dose ad a interesting adition a comedy stand in sort of like a funny man to liven things up
Corey
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Been a while since I watched this movie, but I thouroughly enjoyed it. Loved the ferrets (were there ferrets in the movie? I can't remember.)
Lisa
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I love this movie. This is the greatest most awful bad movie of all time. It is a legend. I can't recommend it highly enough, if you  have lots of liquor and whatever else to get you through it. Truly a marvel of hideousness.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Beastmaster « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.