Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:09:42 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Chopping Mall « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Chopping Mall  (Read 37853 times)
fenris@badmovies.org
« on: January 03, 2000, 09:53:48 PM »

Three neat things I noted: a cameo from your favorite cannibals (The pair from "Eating Raoul."), the incredibly dumb guy quoting from "The Day the Earth Stood Still," and Ferdy and Alison were watching "Attack of the Crab Monsters."
Suspiria2003RM@aol.com
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2000, 05:51:01 PM »

This movie is really great and very underrated. I talked to Anchor Bay about releasing it on DVD and Chuck Cirino, who composed the music, might release a limited soundtrack for eBay and Amazon auctions.
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2000, 07:21:51 AM »

This movies is rated way too high here. It is seriously BAD. I mean, it has NO redeeming features whatsoever. It's just dumb-teenagers-getting-killed-by-cheap-monsters. The Killer Robots are about as terriying as Dexter from "Perfect Match". Not good.
Dr. Axeman
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2000, 02:43:11 AM »

This movie was released to video when I was about 8 years old; and I don't remember it being released in theaters. So, it played a small part in my childhood introduction to cheesy 80's horror flicks. Anyway, I agree that this movie is VERY underrated, and however tacky it may be, I believe it's a classic horror flick. I mean, look at the plot! Even for a horror film, it's pretty original. I love any movie with killer-robots of such design. On a side-note, I don't know why everyone keeps referring to the characters as "teenagers" when the cast is obviously in their mid to late 20's. PLUS, one couple in the movie was recently MARRIED!! So, do your homework before criticizing this cheesy masterpiece.
Philippa
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2000, 01:03:45 PM »

I love this movie and i think its funny in some parts and i fancy the guy who chews his chewing gum!e-mail with any info
Natalie
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2000, 01:07:08 PM »

I just want to say i loved this movie it was very cleverly made i loved the part when that girls head got splatter all over the place!I was just wondering what is kelli maroney upto now?
terry beach
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2000, 07:56:21 PM »

The best sci-fi-horror movie ever made. Kelley Maroney rules as useual!! The best movie Kelley Maroney ever made!!!
Ruben Zepeda Jr.
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Well I think this movies is Exciting, funny, and very original! However I do think that there could have been more to the plot of the movies and the robots could have been more of use, Well for the most part this movie is very entertaining! I like the part where Dick Miller get fried!! and where that girl gets shot in her butt right before her head blows up!! it always makes my friends laugh. This movie is a mix from sci-fi to being somewhat realistic and believeable, but come on who would but a computer on a roof, and I wonder why that guy didn't try to do anything when the computers alam went off!!! another cool part is where Barbara Carampton was set on fire by the robots, well anywho this is a great flick for anyone who works at the Mall like me! you can get this great movie on e-bay auctions! :)Thanks
Jon
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

A great bad movie. There's the head explosion and the cheesy lines and best of all, people walking around the background of the "closed" mall.
anonymous
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

One of the best obscure films ever made. Yes, it has cheesy lines and yes, it is predictable. (Anyone who's seen SCREAM will figure out right when the couples get together who will live and who will die.) However, there's never a dull moment. The scenes where the young people face off against the protector robots are really cool, and I especially loved Keli Maroney's preformance as Alyson. Her charecter rival's Sigorney Weaver's Ripley from the ALIEN films for strong female action/horror heroine. (She is also equally great in NIGHT OF THE COMET.) I also laughed every time a protector said,"Thank you. Have a nice day!" after it killed somebody. Definetly watch this one if you're ever lucky enough to find it. (Hint: look for it at the hard-to-find, independant video rental places. You won't find this one at any Hollywood or Blockbuster.)  
godfan
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

That movie would have been great for tv.

For a b movie it was funny
Jay
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Ah, another fine Jim Wynorski production. You got to check out some of the great lines on the VHS box (picked up recently 2nd hand)include
".......where they slash there prices and there customers"
".... where shopping can cost you an arm.. and a leg!"
"You can shop till you drop, dead!"

Gotta love it.

BTW. most people don't know this movie was at first called "killbots".
log
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2003, 07:53:55 AM »

Someone needs to check up on that girl who got her head blown off . I swear that looked real..... was this a secret snuff movie???? Really good gore FX on that part
zombiemike
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is one of my favourite movies of all time, my favourite part is how the robots (or should I say KILLBOTS) say "thank you, have a nice day" after they kill their victims(well most) and the tag at the end of the credits.
moviecollector
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I love this movie, 1 of the best cheese-fests from the 80's. I love that tagline:
'Where shopping can cost you an arm & a leg'

This is a must-see. If you love cheesy films. its great.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Chopping Mall « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.