Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:15:15 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Solarbabies « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Solarbabies  (Read 61099 times)
Rachel
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie rocks! It's a great, fun 80s flick.  It's about friendship and sticking together to fight for something you believe in!  
Remember back when the world wasn't so cynical and unfeeling and people could be friends and genuinely care about each other and work together?  This film refelects that time.  Boy do I miss the 80s!  Man does it suck now!  This is a great sci-fi/fantasy film.  All the good fantasy films were made in the 80s, not like the crap that's made now. Remember when movies actually developed characters and relationships and weren't a bunch of brainless action sequences?  Great movie!
firebird
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2004, 01:54:08 PM »

Has got to be one of the most stupidist movies ever made they go around on their roller skates and the idiotic dogs with the flashlights on their heads the only real interesting cartitures in the movie is the kid with the owl most of the rest act like idiots
gaz
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I remember watching a film which id for some reason taped off the TV...some time around the mid to late 80's and I remember the film being somthing about a group of kids on roller skates playing with a ball of light. i typed in on google somthing like "roller skate 80's film" and i got this forum, now i know the film was called SOLARBABIES but i wanna make sure. Is there any other wierd 80's films involding roller skated teens and a ball of light or have I nailed what i was looking for and what has played on my mind all these years?
Charlotte
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Lol...wow! I went to bed last night, and I think I saw an orb. Which brought back a distant memory of a floating orb and boys pulling a wagon like horses. So I typed that into google this morning and BOOM! I found Solarbabies. I had let my self be convinced that I was imagining the movie!

Woohoo...I'm not crazy! Now if only I had the courage to watch it again. Movies are so great when your young...and then watch them when your older and full of vinegar...and you can ruin some of your best memories.
Jean-Marie
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

OMG!!!! You are all so very hilarry-ass!!!  I laughed out loud reading several of your comments and investigative search stories on this movie because I too, was one of those dork-bombers asking everyone around me older and younger what the heck the name of that movie was.  I am one of those crazy-silly, outthere/random-type people so everyone's first comments to me were " Um...that must have been a really cool dream friend."  I was like "NOOOOO it was not a dream, some crazy magic ball in the desert, directs these teenagers to water in a huge dam, and they are all on rollerskates and have to do this crazy pinwheel slingshot maneuver to get over this cliff in the desert.." Everyone just stopped listening to me then. It was all over with. So I was like, "damnit if I just forget about it they will tease me forever...I HAVE TO FIND THAT MOVIE!!!! So I typed in some random words from the movie and look...I found it!  Yee-haw!!! Thanks everyone who knew the movie, and thanks to everyone else who just made me laugh.  
Rollerh
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Wow. This film has been a mystery film since I was little. I always thought the movie was Roller Babies. When I think of roller skating, I think of my childhood and I think of Solar Babies. I haven't watched it again, but from this page, I'm sure if I watched it now, it would take on a whole different meaning. Long live rollerskating, look out for the revival of Roller Derby! Talk about nostalgia!
Buster
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie is on my "never tiring" list. I've seen it countless times since I was a kid. I watched it two nights ago, and it's still a wonderful fantasy movie. Yes, the plot plenty of holes in it, and it could only be considered a "b" quality movie by any standard, I still think it's great movie. What always gets me (besides my enduring crush on Jami Gertz) is the backstory that's always touched on, but never really fleshed out. That's brilliant to me. It says that this is a mere chapter in an entire mythology. It says that kids on skates freeing the water of the world with the help of a mysterious ball was niether the first nor last part of the story. To me, that's what made it better than most stories of this ilk. There was a world that these characters were interacting with and exploring, and I was only seeing the parts they were, while at the same time, I knew that there was more to the world beyond. That let my imagination run wild, and it's what has constantly provided a level of freshness to each viewing of this movie.
Brenda
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I watched this film over and over with my son, who is now 22.  Like a previous writer, I've been looking for "Roller Babies" to share with my second son who is now 10.  FINALLY, I learn (and remember now) that it was SOLAR Babies!   We're off to Blockbuster to see if we can fine it!  YAHOO!
Mayumi-H
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2007, 12:37:32 PM »

This film is definately lame mid-Eighties cheese.
Lucky for Jason Patric and Jamie Gertz that they went right on to The Lost Boys after filming this...

Better than that: Adrian Pasdar (Darstar) and James LeGros (Metron) went on to do "Near Dark" after filming this! Go cowboy vampires!
Duane
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2007, 10:15:51 PM »

Cheers
I have been wondering aimlessly without meaning for years.
But today my search ends in victory
Solarbabies is the Greatest Movie Of All Time
I would like to thank the director and the actors for there hard work.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2007, 03:05:45 PM »

Review has been updated and republished on this date.  I understand that the orb that played Bodhi is trying to get a part in the new "Belgariad" movie.

(Yes, I'm kidding about the "Belgariad" film.)

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2007, 06:56:22 PM »

Well, well, well... If it isn't the "Hootie & the Blowfish" of the Sci-Fi movie industry...

LOL! Where's the + Karma feature?!

As it happens, the only thing I remember about the movie is:

Shandray: "Gentlemen, this is Terminack. He's a multi-capable masterpiece; he can squeeze the color from a ruby or deftly pluck the eye from a living bird, and he's been programmed to enjoy what he does."

I came in on the end of this moive at friend's house, still a few years from puberty, but I think by that time we were already rooting for the bad guys.

If anything can summarize being a kid in the 80s, it's being marketed really REALLY lame heroes.

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
Kevin
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2007, 06:44:27 AM »

I actually had the chance to see this movie the other weekend on Starz. What I found interesting was that the E-Protectorate was calling the glowing sphere "The Sphere of Longinus" which is actually the spear of Longinus or the spear of destiny. This spear was supposed to have been the spear that pierced the side of Christ when he was on the cross.  BounceGiggle Oh well, with everything else going on in the movie, I guess that is not the worst thing, but I found it very amusing that they would confuse "sphere" with "spear."

Kevin
John
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2008, 04:04:44 AM »

A great cheesy movie.  Wink I remember first seeing it when I was REAL little and being confused by it. Latter i learned not to take bad movies so seriously and just enjoy a good cheese fest! At a party with drinking game that you have to chug!
Small | Large
FLU-BIRD
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2009, 10:47:09 PM »

Only few words for this movie or at least a few letters P.U.T.R.I.D and maybe even worse
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Solarbabies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.