Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:54:33 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Cyborg 2 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Cyborg 2  (Read 38006 times)
M.C. O.G. Bang Bang Cappasucka from Da Westside
« on: February 27, 2000, 08:33:54 PM »

The review leaves out one rather important note: "Cash" is played by none other than current Oscar nominee Angelina Jolie.

I'm sure the film's distributors are hoping she wins, giving Cyborg 2 the distinction of being the only movie in the Cyborg series (there is a third, believe it or not) starring two Academy Award winners (Palance being the second). How's that for being better than the original? That's right, Van Damme doesn't scare me, but Angelina can be pretty spooky. I like that. Yeah, baby, yeah!
Paul H.
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2000, 12:26:18 PM »

I agree with Andrew on almost everything he posts. The man is Brilliant you know.  However, I like Cyborg movies much more than him.  It seems to be my calling while he tends to avoid them.  Cyborg two is one of the best cyborg movies. For several reasons.  1) Jack Palance.  2) Not as Cliche while maintaining all the cliches 3) quality nudity.  4) Good pacing. 5) only a few of the actors really suck.  Definately worth seeing and having in a collection.

3.5 green Globs
jason hyde
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2000, 04:43:08 PM »

how, oh how, can you have page on this movie, with sounds, and not feature jack palance's amazing 'if you wanna dine with the devil, you're gonna need a long spoon'?

what the hell does that mean, anyway?

sorry, that line's all i can remember from this film.
polly
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

AJ is 27 now (2002) . this movie came out in '93 hmmm underage T & A?
juanjose agüero
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

i love angelina, and everything she makes...
cyborg was the first angelina's movie i have ever seen..
and since then i love her

juanjose
kilroy
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Oh, dear. 'Cyborg 2'. Not the best movie I've ever seen, but definately not the worst (that would be "Lisztomania", to date). I'll confess I rented it because I'm a fan of Billy Drago, and I found him most entertaining (esp when he loses it in the car). Colt sucked, though--could they have found a more boring hero?
rachel
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Angelina jolie rules. Iv seen every movie she's been in. This was one of her first, and she really didn't do that bad of a job. Id add it to your collection.
Funk, E.
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I watched this one based on the review of this site and the fact that it had A. Jolie in it. I'm glad I got to see the AJ T&A that we were denied in Tomb Raider and Jack Palance is genetically engineered to chew scenery, but somehow it just didn't come together for me as a film. I don't know if the production value was just too borderline (not good enought to view as a big budget snafu, not low enough to be a microbudget campfest), the editing just slow enough to lack proper action/adventure pacing or the acting being shaky. It's almost a "b" movie by default simple because it doesn't have the elements to make it an "A" list film. Before the lynch mob come knocking on my door I still must confess it was a good watch, a little more one way or the other would have settled it into a solid piece either as a legit a/a or a cheesefest. As it is it wanders the wasteland that is B movies good enough to stand up on it's own two feet, but not enought to stand out.
DD
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I have a serious question about this film.  How is it related to Van Damme's Cyborg?  Not a single cast or crew member from Cyborg is involvved with this.  It's a different production company and the original writers aren't even credited with "based on characters created by"  It's as if some other company made a move and just for the hell of it decided to call it Cyborg 2 simply because "Cyborg" was already taken.  Does anyone know how Trimark acquired the rights to the name?
cass
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

this is a terrfic b grade film, it has everything that you have come to expect from this genre. I watched this when it first came out and did'nt know who angelina jolie was but new that she was going to be big.  
VanDammeOwnsYou
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Yeah I really don't see the big appeal of this film. I loved part one because I love Van Damme and the sweet fight scenes and boot knife. This filmed just took some film footage from part one which wasnt even viewed by the cyborg so why was it in Cyborg 2 in Angelina's memory banks? and called itself Cyborg 2 so people who loved the incredible part one would get sucked in hoping it was connected to 1. This movie is just not making it with me when all I can think about is Jean Claude spin kicking a guy's throat with a boot knife!!! Seriously folks go watch Death Warrant and then follow it up with the only true Cyborg movie...Cyborg 1 Starring the incredible Jean Claude Van Damme!!!
Cal Smith
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2005, 02:48:52 PM »

Why did they have to make a sequal. But I have to admit it was smart of them to use Angelina Jolie in the movie.
Chris Conigliaro
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2005, 02:28:35 PM »

Does anyone know the name of the tune (acoustic guitar and strings) playing during the love scene?
Mir
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This was Angelina's second film (at the age of 18). My brother rented it all those years ago, and me, with my admiration of ass-kicking women, watched it too. Needless to say, I've been a fan ever since.

Fun fact: Angelina is extremely ashamed of this one. As soon as it made its stunning debut on video, she hid her face under a pillow whilst her brother watched it and tried to offer her words of solace.

Angelina nearly vowed to stop acting altogether, but gave it another go in Without Evidence (1995).
Angelina
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2005, 09:32:43 AM »

Where are all the random gratuitous breast shots. The reason I scrolled down the page is I thought you would have posted them. What a rip.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Cyborg 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.