Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:50:23 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Journey to the Seventh Planet « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Journey to the Seventh Planet  (Read 42652 times)
peter johnson
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

A wonderful waste of time!  Someone got me this with the companion Invisible Invaders for Christmas -- gotta tell ya, I'm glad they did -- Some other things:
When in deep space, the lack of gravity will affect large, prominently shot objects like apples, causing them to float on visible strings, but stuff in the background, like loose sheets of paper, won't be affected at all.
Yep, I noticed the huge gaps in the facemasks too -- Air?  Who needs air!!
See it . . .
peter johnson/denny crane
Bob
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I clearly remember seeing this movie when it was first released, an a large "old fashioned" movie theater.  Seeing it was part of my friend's 9th birthday party.  This movie scared the living hell out of me.  I spent most of the time in the movie theater's bathroom, so I wouldn't have to watch it.  The scene that freaked me out the most, which I still tell my kids about, is the one where the "spider" gets smashed in the cave.  I couldn't believe it when you had that exact scene on this site!  Time to confront my childhood fears!!!
Bob the mutant chicken.
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The spider footage was awful.You can tell when the spider grabs one of the astronauts that it's a different creature it looked like a  giant hermit crab.But anyway the movie wasn't a total loss ok I'M lying it stunk now i feel better.
Wonko the Sane
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Correction:
The second section should read :"A friend and bandmate of mine, Lee, and I just love this movie . . ."

I should have proofread.
mittens
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2010, 06:13:15 PM »

When I said I had yet to see this film, I'll take that back. I think I may have seen this film. It is just that it is not a film that is so bad one remembers it, nor is it a film that is so good one remembers it, it is just a film that is so mediocre that one forgets one has seen it, almost as soon as one has seen it.

I suspect you were right the first time. You haven't seen it. LOL
Commander Shepard
New Visitor

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2010, 10:30:30 AM »

If you look closely towards the ending when the planet is breaking up, one of the astronauts bends over and his suit bottom rips, showing his white underwear underneath.  It happens fast so watch in slow motion.
Jorge
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2010, 01:54:40 AM »

- What about that weird-eyed monster?
- It was of the rodent family. Couldn't possibly exist in the temperature of Uranus.

- How do you know the solution isn't right here, right in front of us?
- Because nothing in front of us is real. It doesn't exist.
- Doesn't exist? What do you mean?
- What we see cannot possibly be Uranus.

Of course they had to change the pronounciation.

The only scene I actually remembered was the one where Karl puts his arm through the force field. It always popped up whenever I thought of old SF movies, and I never knew to which one it belonged (I was in my teens when I saw it on TV, more than 30 years ago). Now I've found it!

Other memories were the mind-monster trying to cross the force-field in Forbidden Planet, David McCallum handing out diamonds in Around The World Under The Sea ("None for you, you broke the sub"), the train falling down with the bridge in Crack In The World, spaceships ripped off from War Of The Worlds killing Friday's kin in Robinson Crusoe On Mars, the tray covered by eggs in Planet Of The Vampires, and among a few more, this guy who while scrambling to get back on a tottering needle rocket-ship cracks open a rock and finds a face of a Venusian woman sculpted inside it and shouts to his mates he wants to stay while they drag him into the ship. I haven't found which movie was that one.

And oh, yes! The body of the crewman disolving/dissapering into the giant amoeba is there too! Thanks for the reference, I'll look it up!
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Journey to the Seventh Planet « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.