Main Menu

The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires

Started by motslaps@hotmail.com, February 11, 2000, 08:00:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagle

I saw that movie on cable-tv and it was funny. Now I bought the VHS on ebay and I won´t sell it again. Cool stuff.

Total Nut

Doh! Why do I always get Peter Cushing confused with Basil Rathbone? Also, why do they always get these old British theater veterans to play villains in so many movies?

talthar

Finally got to see this and loved it.  Yes, it's a combination of Hammer and kung fu cheesiness, but to quote Captain Spaulding "It tastes so damned good!"  It's also great that someone else noticed the undead's habit of skipping and hopping; it's like the old WHFB spell VanHel's Danse Macabre gone horribly wrong.  Peter Cushing was great as always and the rest of the actors did a dcent job, but I didn't care for the guy playing Dracula.  It's not just that I was wishing Christopher Lee was there,he was waaay too over the top for me.  Plus his makeup was plain bad.  The oatmeal faced Chinese vampires looked a hundred times better.  When Koh first shows up and Dracula asks him "Who are you?", my first thought was he better be a Mary Kay salesperson, because you desprately need a different shade of lipstick.

Other than that the mobie is a lot of fun and I would recommend it to fans of either genre.

FLU-BIRD

Kind of looks like one of those vampires was out in broad daylight why would a vampire be doing mosiing around in broad daylight? would he turn to dust?

Trevor

We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Alex

Quote from: FLU-BIRD on March 13, 2009, 01:05:25 AM
Kind of looks like one of those vampires was out in broad daylight why would a vampire be doing mosiing around in broad daylight? would he turn to dust?

Eastern vampires have different lore behind them. Maybe sunlight isn't a weakness for them?
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

indianasmith

And this wins the prize for thread necromancy!!!

22 years since the original post!
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Trevor

Quote from: indianasmith on April 25, 2022, 10:41:21 PM
And this wins the prize for thread necromancy!!!

22 years since the original post!

😊😊😊

What do I win? 😁😁☺️🐢
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.