Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:27:22 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Troll « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Troll  (Read 84289 times)
evan
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Does anybody know where I can find the real words to the Troll chorus?

My favorite ghoulish-looking troll was always the one that looked like the pig. I just wish I knew the words to the damn song.
Michael Reichert
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I remember watching this movie all the time, when i was a kid. I LOVED IT!!   But now (15 years later) when i convinced my friend into renting it, he threatened to kick my ass. He says i still owe him the 4 bucks he wasted on " That stupid ass movie". whatever..... i still like it.
especially that catchy troll song.
trevlix@yahoo.com
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2000, 08:23:02 AM »

Oh YES!  This was the movie that got me started on B-movies.  <sigh> so many memories...excuse me while i wipe this tear from my eye.
Nicollette
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2000, 09:15:12 PM »

I couldn't help but notice that one of the pictures from the film is none other than Michael Moriarty of 'Law & Order' fame. I think he also starred in 'Return to Salem's Lot' and 'It's Alive 3'. Go Figure.
Brandon
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2000, 05:50:58 PM »

It's one of thoes classic "It's so bad it's good"
movies. I saw this on Monstervision a few years
back. It was high comedy to watch TV has beens
like Gary Sandy(who plays the right wing nut) and
Brad Hall(who plays Julia-Louise husband in the
movie and in real life) in this film. Am I the
only one who though JLD was kinda hot when she was
prancing around in the forrest as the nymph?
Man,why did MST3K never do thi
Don
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2000, 09:07:15 PM »

Admittedly I'm a fan, but I think Noah Hathaway is the only one doing any actual acting -- the others appear to be wishing they were somewhere else. Further, what I find interesting is that, although Noah's name is first as the opening credits scroll by, his name is nowhere to be found on the VHS tape box.
ragnar
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

This movie si SCARY as hell.  I recommend getting it NOW! No get 30 of them. They will be collectors items! f**kin awesome flick!

DOnt listen to somethingawful.com This movie is GREAT!
Liz
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2000, 07:45:46 PM »

Ok, I haven't seen the movie but I watched that little clip of the "Troll Chorus" and honestly, I don't think I'd live through the opening credits of this one!
peachstapler.com
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2000, 04:00:29 PM »

Troll is such a great classic scary childrens' flick, it shouldn't be rediculed whatsoever for its old-style mid-eighties film-making techniques.  Sure, this was 1985...and what did Troll have to live up to besides the Goonies and Ferris Bueller's Day Off?  It was a task in itself to create the plant animation near the end (compare this animation, if you will, to the basic clay/wire structure animation like in the film "Clash of the Titans")  Anyway, what it comes down to is this:  When you're five, six, seven or so years old, this is THE scariest movie you can watch.  I was five when this film came out on HBO.  I taped it.  I am not so sure that in this day of computer animation and advanced film-making techniques, Troll would make such an impression on any child, however, in the 1980s this would surely induce rash nightmares and fears in the minds of any youngster.  Another fact remains that the acting techniques of these actors (and I do agree they do not seem to want to commit to the film's success at all in the movie), yes, these actors' techiniques I should say, are not noticable and the smallest flaw would never be noticed by a youngster who is caught up in the film's dramatics (trolls, plants overtaking modern complexes, midgets).  I am certain this film would be a seller for DVD production.  Look into it.
Mofo Rising
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2000, 03:57:29 AM »

For some reason I had this one recorded when I was a kid.  I ended up watching it over. . . and over. . . and over.  (Hey, I was a kid.  It was either this or "Gotcha.")

Anyway, I couldn't help but notice that the main characters name just happens to be Harry Potter.  Looks like J.K. Rowlings has one more plagiarism lawsuit on her hands.

C'mon, this movie has Vohnkar in it.  Vohnkar!
Kelly
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2000, 02:30:28 AM »

My parents owned a variety and video store for over 14 years, so I've had my share of bad movies.  When I was 9, my mother bought me a copy of Harry Medved and Randy Dreyfuss' book "The 50 Worst Films of All Time."  And so, my obsession for bad movies and movie trivia was born.  (Funny how, if you go back far enough, it's always your parents' fault, ain't it?)  When I was 13, my mom got "Troll" into the store, and when I found out it starred Noah Hathaway (who I thought was cute -- whaddaya want?  I was 13!  Hormones were raging!), I immediately grabbed it off the shelf for the night.  I will never forget the first time I saw this movie..."sigh"...it was almost...biblical.  I cannot describe the bliss with which I immersed myself into the tackiness of this puppetized "horror" movie.  "This," I thought to myself, "this is what B-movies are all about...and ya gotta love that catchy theme song!!"  The only part I didn't care for was the scene where Sonny Bono turns into that pod-like thingy that splits open and spurts out a forest.  That was kinda gross, but the rest was awesome!!  The way the troll began to care for Malcolm was a nice touch, and the fact that he hoped to save his friend's life by making him one of them was a lovely addition to the story -- made him a little more sympathetic, somehow...  It's actually been almost 12 (12!!) years since I saw this movie, but I still remember most of it, it had such an impact on me.  I HAD, however, completely forgotten about Julia-Louis Dreyfuss and her hubby, so thanks to this website and it's master for reminding me of that!  I loved this movie, and it still has a place in my heart.  I have yet been able to find a copy, but as soon as I do, it's MINE!!!  Btw, does anyone know the actually words of the theme song/troll chant??  Sounds something like derma silka train, joy, herba herba thwait, cream of corn...waitaminnit, that can't be right!!  Then again, in a movie this corny, perhaps it is...
Stupid Jacob
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2000, 07:10:03 PM »

I love this movie. It's so lame, yet fun at the same time.
Megan
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2000, 05:19:36 PM »

I thought troll was so stupid! But i had to laugh at it! IS it just me or is that mushroom cute??
Chris K.
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2000, 04:42:51 PM »

You know, TROLL wasn't that bad. In fact it was not bad at all. TROLL 2, now that's a bad film! TROLL was produced by Charles Band's Empire Pictures. Band is well known for his straight-to-video Full Moon Pictures crap-a-thon films. However, Band did help co-produce both FROM BEYOND and RE-ANIMATOR which were his two successful films. TROLL at least has some good special effects. Trust me people, the CGI special effects of today are so laughably bad their not even funny. I laughed at THE MATRIX, the remake of THE HAUNTING, JURASSIC PARK, and JURASSIC PARK 2: THE LOST WORLD (such an innane title) because of the badly coordinated effects. Why did they not hire Ray Harryhausen to create some stop-motion dinosaurs for JURASSIC PARK! Comon Speilberg, Harryhausen is the master of special effects. Not George Lucas. Use common sence Mr. Speilberg. Well, at least the film TROLL tried to become a good film without using fancy-waste-of-money special effects. TROLL is good in my book, but stay away from TROLL 2.
The Warrior
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2001, 03:42:01 PM »

This film absoloutely scared the hell out of me when I was a little kid!I was 4 when I rented it out and as soon Sonny transformed into a plant pod I went to bed!The last time I saw this was back in 1993 and havent seen it since but now im older I think Ill give it another chance because it looks hilarious.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Troll « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.