Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:01:23 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Troll « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Troll  (Read 84287 times)
Yes~!!! Pffft
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!
Elaine from sainfield is one of the ladies who lives there... I think her name is janette...

I'm DYING to get the song (the na na na na na TROLL! one)

BTW... anyone notice the kid is named Harry Potter? 10 yrs before the british lady stole it?!?! HAHHA
Per
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is a great movie! I deserves a 3 score really. I remember that I first thought the cover looked silly, but when I saw it I was really impressed. Classical 80's b-movie, but also scary a bit, together with the music.
Eagle
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2005, 10:30:38 AM »

After I saw this movie I was bored and had appetite for jelly. I asked myself why?
Rob
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I had always wanted to see Troll as a little kid but my folks never let me. So I finally rented it and found it to be a mildly enjoyable but typical Charles Band flick with some slightly A-list actors(Moriarty is very good). I got a kick out of the fact that our hero's name was Harry Potter!

The effects are done by John Carl Buechler, who is the B-movie special effects artist who created the creatures for Ghoulies and Carnosaur amongst others. His creations are just too rubbery and silly to be threatening, cute or likable. I couldn't help compare this film in some ways to Jim Henson's Labrynth, though Labrynth came out a few years later. The Troll in some ways reminded me of a hook-nosed pot bellied brother of Labrynth's Hoggle. Of course, comparing the mediocre puppetry of Troll to Jim Henson's genius is probably a bit offensive(RIP)
n3xtsk8@yahoo.com
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2006, 07:40:28 AM »

this movie is a classic, troll all the way, i also liked troll 2, i bought the 2 disc features.. great quailty worth the buy. wish they make a troll 3 , it would kick!! troll bring back so many memories.. good acting and good music
IT
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2006, 03:56:22 PM »

I hated this movie when I saw it as a teenager and I still hate it now.The movie tried to ripoff the much better GREMLINS but failed.The puppet effects were horrible.A real loser of a film.
Max Alan Zoller
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Funny is the word for it, you can't help loving those putrid puppets and drug-addict song. And the witch. A lot of what had to be said on this board has been said but...
I'm surprised that this site doesn't have "The Garbage Pail Kids" movie. Not only this film is awful but, if you look at the basement scenes by the staircase you can see...the troll painting from Troll! 100% sure. I suppose that couldn't go to waste!
Ganj
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This film is amazing.  I first had the "pleasure" of viewing it in 1987 when I was five years old.  It used to scare the s**t outta me, what with the puppets singing and whatnot.

Now, I cannot help but die laughing everytime I watch this gem of a movie.  

lee
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This film is an absolute barrel of laughs! You cant help but love it. The cheap as s**t effects, crappy script, and not forgetting the singing puppets! This is what the 80's was all about. God bless troll!
thomas brooks
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2007, 04:01:34 PM »

im going to say one or two things, troll rrrroooooccckkkksss. this movie brings back so many memoorys,  Thumbup, its so lovly as whel, the little cretures are so life like, but i must say if your going to buy a film that will scer the hello out e you, this is the film to buy, TROLL.
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2008, 05:31:07 PM »

Last night: Troll
Tonight: Troll 2

I recognized J L D (though I didn't know her suprisingly doofy-looking husband played the part of her 'suitor') but didn't recognize Atreyu. Maybe that's because...

HE GAVE ONE OF THE WORST PERFORMANCES!

Yes, he did, and you know it. The director of neverendingstory was obviously giving him something he didn't have here.

But here we have a prime example of 80s cheese, both painfully and joyfully dated in every way. I wonder if it was ever interpreted as an attempt to demonize environmentalists? There seemed a focused effort to make the troll seem 'at peace,' almost benevolent, whenever it was able to bring over some more of its world.

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2008, 05:33:23 PM »

The first Troll is a masterpiece compared to Troll 2!
You want serious pain?  You'll get it watching Troll 2.
But then again, Troll 2 is so bad it's good.   Smile

After you watch Troll 2, check out our interview with George Hardy.
http://www.badmovies.org/interviews/georgehardy/

The Troll 2 official website:
www.bestworstmovie.com
rachel
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2008, 02:31:50 PM »

My friend and I always watch this movie. Does anyone know where to get Troll 2?
Frogger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2008, 04:03:09 PM »

My friend and I always watch this movie. Does anyone know where to get Troll 2?

Small | Large

Part 1.

Its in 11 parts on youtube so enjoy. Great film for the fact its awful.

I loved the first Troll film it was a cute film.

"We think too small, like the frog at the bottom of the well. He thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If he surfaced, he would have an entirely different view."Mao. "At the risk of seeming ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love. It is impossible to think of a genuine revolutionary lacking this quality." Ernesto Che Guevara. "A lie told often enough becomes the truth" Lenin. "Religion is the opium of the masses." Marx.
DJANSEN
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2010, 03:43:48 PM »

In response to:  "I remember watching this movie all the time, when i was a kid. I LOVED IT!!   But now (15 years later) when i convinced my friend into renting it, he threatened to kick my ass. He says i still owe him the 4 bucks he wasted on " That stupid ass movie". whatever..... i still like it.
especially that catchy troll song."  

I used to watch Troll all the time, too!!!  I just had my husband watch it through Netflix.  Luckily, he did not want to kick my ass, but I do not think he liked it too much!!  I still like it, too!  I do realize that it is a bad movie, at the same time, though!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Troll « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.