Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:26:48 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Car « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: The Car  (Read 89964 times)
ASH
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

'The Car' rocks! First saw the movie in '92 on late night TV accidently just looking for something to watch. I was instantly hooked. I've read on a few websites that there is a sequel being planned soon. Does anybody know?
Mike Menor
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Its one of the best car flicks ever,   I just loved your site,   but I have to ask this question,
WHEN WILL THE MAKE A SEQUAL FOR THE LOVE OF PETE!!!!!!!!

Dont change the look of the car, leave it alone,  I wonder if James Brolin would entertain a part two to this great film.    Of course a Christine 2 would really rev my motor too.    MM
colonel silver
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The best killer car movie ever! Brolin's best role since amityville.
Felicity
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2004, 01:59:15 AM »

I’ve never seen this movie, but it was on TV recently and I taped it to watch with my friend and fellow horror fan, Gowan.  We haven’t watched it yet.  I have misgivings...it’s made in the 1970s, which means a 50/50 chance of bad haircuts and clothes, and it’s set in a *small town*, *in the desert*, which are both normally big red flags for me.  I don’t usually enjoy movies that are set in small towns and/or the desert.  Plus, it’s about a car that terrorizes people--there’s not a lot of storytelling you can do with that.  However, what I’ve read in the review proper and here in the comments section has given me hope.  I do like my horror to have plot and character development in between the gore and special effects, and did someone say Ronny Cox overacting?  Now you’ve got my attention!  :-)
dreibel
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

FUTURAMA did an excellent parody of THE  CAR with their Halloween episode  "The Honking", in which Bender is turned into a werecar. Guess what form he turned into? :) Even better, Bender succumbs to the werecar curse after he's bitten by...a '58 Plymouth Fury......
secef (Spell that backwards)
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2004, 12:48:46 AM »

Can satan think of nothing better to do thank run hillbillies down in the middle of nowhere?!?!?!?
Bill Newcott
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I was fortunate enough to attend the original press screening of The Car at the Academy theater in LA back in '77, and I still remember the truly wonderful cinematography by Gerald Hirschfield, who also shot Young Frankenstein, My Favorite Year, and Diary of a Mad Housewife. Get a hold of Anchor Bay's widescreen video release, and  see how he uses every inch of that image (especially the terrific view from under that bridge). The Car was a good example of how good filmmakers could elevate really derivative material into a minor classic.
kjw
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I am really surprised that nobody mentioned the scene where John Rubinstein is run over and run down flat as a pancake by the car while he is out on the road thumbing a ride.What is funny is how the way he reacts to the car,as if some sexy girl is driving behind the wheel,and John acts as if some girl driving the car is going to pick him up.What I think is funny in this scene is when the car picks up speed before it runs him over,and he tells the car to slow down,and then it runs him over.

I also liked the scene after John is killed where John Marley as the sherrif,goes and talks with the guy in the  house,and the guy before Marley questions him,was moments before John is killed is arguing with him.I'm talking about that old man. What was funny was when the old man says to Marley he was run down like a dog,but yet the old man wanted Rubinstein off of his property,and acted like he didn't really give two s**ts about Rubinstein.
Calahan
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I saw this one yesterday on TV. I can absolutely say that this by far is not a Bad Movie. In fact it's brilliant! And i also believe that the worst b-movie from the seventies era is far far better than many of nowdays blockbusters.

Excellent cinematography. Years after Spielberg's "DUEL" and Friedkin's "EXORCIST" this movie makes a deadly combination.

saw it! loved it! bought it!
(and i live in Greece which makes a little difficult for me to track down cult films in DVD)
coach
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

son Derek & I sold our actual 58 plymouth CHRISTINE camaro-chaser movie car last November... being that we are still possessed we are having our 97 lincoln limousine fabricated into THE CAR front and back...   we will be driving it to Tulsa next June 17 to see the unearthing of the 57 plymouth belvedere that was entombed 50 years ago in a time capsule...  I have found the 'HORN' ... and we hope to see some of you "THE CAR" fans there... you will know its us when you hear the 'horn' and see the black bad ass limo "CAR" with those bad ass solid wheels...  Darryl Starbird lives near us and he led me to the right folks to have this done...  
Dee
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

My brother always liked this movie. I remember watching it with him once when it was on TV back when we were kids. It was like one of those midnight showings or something. The only thing that really stands out is, if I remember correctly, is the car runs into a house & kills a women. I'd like to see it again, but I think it can be hard to find at most video stores.
Zack
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I tell you, I can't get enough of that "chilling" car horn/theme song/ battle cry/what-the-hell-ever noise the car made.  and could this movie be concievably more steriotypical concerning native americans and drunks? (some at the same time)
JAMIE
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

They should had at least done an uncut version of the film, maybe that's why it wasn't a success in so many areas. the right people were in it. they should do a remake and proberbly james brolin and ronny cox can have small roles.

the car uncut example. WOT COULDV'E BEEN.

THE CAR SLAMS SUSAN INTO THE WALL, BREAKS HER LEGSAND HAULS HER OVER. SPLAT!

THE CAR THROWS EVERET ONTO THE BONNET AND OVER EVERETT FALLS 2 GROUND.

Lauren: U KNOW WOT U ARE A CHICKEN, CHICKEN s**t, EVIL f**kIN PRICK, SCUM OF THE EARTH, SON OF b***h!"

AFTER THE DOES SOMMERSALTS ON THE 2 COP CARS, THE COP CARS SMASH INTO EACHOTHER SIDE ON, THE COPPERS SCREAM, TURN UPSIDE DOWN THEN EXPLODE.

WHEN THE CAR KNOCK WADE OUT, THE DOOR SLAMS SHUT AND THE CAR DISAPPERS. WADE SCRAMBLES TO HISBIKE AND CALLS DONNA.
WADE: DONNA GET ME SOME HELP RIGHT AWAY. WE HAVEN'T GOT A CRAZY ON OUR HANDS, WE'VE GOT A f**kIN MONSTER." WADE FALLS TO THE GROUND IN PAIN.

WHEN THE CAR THE DRIVES THROUGH LAURENS HUSE, THE COLLAPES. WHEN IT DRIVES OFF, IT SHOWS A BLOODIED LAUREN STRUGGLING TO FREE HERSELF FROM UNDER THE WRECKAGE BUT SHE LOOKS UP AS THE NEXT PART OF THE ROOF FALLS ON HER AND KILLS HER.

CHAZ IS DRIVING BACK 2 FETCH LAUREN, WHEN HIS CAR BEGINS TO SWAY ITS THE WIND. HE HEARS THE CAR HORN AND RUSHES TO LAURENS WHERE HE FINDS THE FRONT ROOM ABOLISHED AND LAUREN DEAD.

WHEN LUKE, AMOS AND THE OTHERS LEAVE WITH THE DINAMITE, DONNA PROCEEDS TO THE GARAGE TO FTECH THE COP CAR AS THERE IS NO ROOM IN THE TRUCK, SO SHE INTENDS TO FOLLOW THEM TO THE CANYON. BUT THE CAR SPOTS HER FIRST WHO IS PARKED UP ON THE SIDE. THE CAR DOOR OPENS AND THE SCREENS THEN GOES TO WADES GARAGE AT HIS HOME.

AS THE CAR APPROACHES WADE AND LUKE DONNA GETS THROWN OUT OF THE CAR UNCONCIOUS.

AFTER THE CAR GETS BLOWN UP AND GO TO THE EDGE OF THE CLIFF THIS HAPPENS.
"BUT IN THE FIRE I SAW...
"It's over luke, IT'S OVER.
Luke nods with relief. But donna SPRINGS A SUPRISE FOR THEM AS SHE APPERAS BEHIND THEM. THE SEVEN MEN TURN AROUND AND SEE HER SMILING AT THEM.
"WOT IS IT DONNA?"
"You thought it was over?" Donna laughs. Her eyes turns red and she starts changing.
"Holy s**t!"
a car engine noise can be heard and the screen goes black and the car horns beeps.
cue THE CAR RETURNS obvoiusly now set in LA where the ending of the car showed.
RichyMurillo13
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2008, 07:41:18 PM »

wow when i saw that movie it mad me think that when ever i see a black lincoln it will make me think of the movie but that must be one of the best movies in the 70's ever.
Nick Warren
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2009, 05:57:54 PM »

Didn't this inspire Bender's WERE-CAR in FUTURAMA . . . ha ha ha. I love this movie as a guilty pleasure and have to say when my wife was living in the States before she returned to the UK and met me she wrote off a Lincoln Town Car like the one used in the movie . . . Wade should have sent for her!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Car « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.