Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:01:01 AM
713332 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Flying Guillotine « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Flying Guillotine  (Read 29037 times)
IT
« on: October 17, 2006, 04:52:49 PM »

Movie scared the hell out of me as a kid.A very entertaining and enjoyable movie.
jlouder@wfu.edu
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2000, 12:11:05 PM »

The flying guilotine resembles a device used in _Heroic Trio_ (good Hong Kong flick).  I wonder HT got the idea from this movie.  Anyone know?
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2000, 02:25:35 PM »

Thesae martial arts movies have a special place in my heart, and this one is no exception. Talk about violent, intense action. That's what makes these films woth watching.
Muhammad J. Fox
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I'm very glad this classic can be bought these days. I remember watching this movie on tv as a child along with "the 5 deadly venoms". They don't make martial arts movies like they used to.
Hangman (Victor)
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The Flying Guillotine is one of the most hideous devices ever seen. The only thing I've regretted is that no one have the interest to make a modern remake of this movie. Three great candidates for a remake are: Jet Lee, Vincent Zchao & James wong. I think there are about five prequels so far. These are: Flying Guillotine, Fatal Flying Guillotine, Master Of The Flying Guillotine, Shaolin Silver Spear & Heroic Trio I. The Silver Spear is the hardest to find.
Jeffrey Bisti
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

We bought this movie along with three other high-quality flicks from our local flea market, and we plan on having a little get together to watch it tonight after The Simpsons. The videos on this site helped us stir up interest among friends... I'll let you know how it goes.
Gabe Kelly
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I remember this flick back when I was five years old. I also remember The Fatal Flying Guillotine, which I own, and Master of the Flying Guillotine, which, by request of the Almighty Martial Arts Immortals (Wong-Fei Hung, Bruce Lee, Lam Sai Wing, et al.), is being re-released to theaters in June. Let's hope the good times keep rolling a-head. (Nyuk, Nyuk,Nyuk...)
Marc Ferriere
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie is pretty passable.   I kinda wish that the Emperor got his, though.   The Emperor in this movie is the biggest freakin' cock.   I mean, he kicks you in the face, and that's if he LIKES you!    Don't get this one expecting Venoms-quality of kung fu, though.   There are about 4 lamely choreographed fight scenes and the rest is all heads-a-poppin.   Good stuff and good Shaw Brothers gore.
Briansan
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2001, 11:37:25 PM »

As someone pointed out above, there are actually four sequels featuring the flying guillotine. If you ever want to be an assasin, the FG is a good choice considering the instant feedback on whether you made the right hit or not !
bildungersmen
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

So THAT'S where they got the idea for Rygar from...
Iain
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

You forgot to mention about how the guy uses the excuse
Guard:"Hey what are you doing ou there?"
Glairing Guy:"I'm looking for my wallet."
#1 they used bags in fudal asia
#2 Where would he keep a wallet?  In all those pockets...
#3 Why don't rulers ever give out women insted of money anymore?
hutter
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw this as a kid and had nightmares for weeks. What a great @$$-kickin' movie.
Kung Fu Karl
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I have not seen this movie yet but would like to acquire it. But I do have
"Master of the Flying Guillotine ultimate edition". it is a great movie.
Keiththegamergeek
New Visitor

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2011, 08:22:35 PM »

Flying Guillotine is on MythBusters tonight!  TeddyR  BounceGiggle
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Flying Guillotine « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.