Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:23:25 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Godzilla vs. Monster Zero « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Godzilla vs. Monster Zero  (Read 103919 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: March 20, 2000, 11:56:58 AM »

Updated review for a kaiju classic!  Devo aliens are under attack by King Ghidrah; they ask Earth for permission to borrow Godzilla and Rodan in order to drive off the space monster.  Unfortunately, the aliens have other plans as well.  Can the world's most annoying sound save the Earth or will we all become the slaves of Planet X?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Jackal
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2000, 11:56:58 AM »

Hahaha, Rainbow World....

Can you say "Star Control"?

Hehe, good game, great review, and those aliens, ha!
Paul H.
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2000, 12:25:08 PM »

I agree with chris and andrew.  This is one of the better Godzilla films.  The sets and change of locations are excellent compared to many of the other godzilla films.  Plus the monster fights have some actual tension.  All that along with the "we are devo" aleins and you have a good film.  I disagree with chris complaining about this movie being on a bad movie site.

That is just the name of a web page. (why do people always b***h about this?)  This site devotes a lot of time to what many of us considure good movies. (much better than most high budget crap)  They are just called bad movies because they lack the sickening smell of lemon fresh polish that covers films like Titanic.  Of course some of the movies on this sight are truely bad but considre those movies perspective.
Chris K.
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2000, 09:22:26 PM »

Paul H., I am not complaining about MONSTER ZERO being on a Bad Movies website. MONSTER ZERO does not "lack the sickening smell of lemon fresh polish that covers films like TITANIC." MONSTER ZERO is better than TITANIC. I'd rather watch a classic movie than watch a film by James Cameron who also happens to be a dumbass by saying "I'm king of the world" and "Let's prey for everyone who died on the ship" when he won the Academy Award for TITANIC. Prety pathetic! At least the men behind MONSTER ZERO were humble. But thanks for agreeing with me Paul H., and by the way Paul did you see the two reviews by Jackal and Stefan Roback. It makes you wonder if these guys were on some hypnotic drug or something because their reviews on MONSTER ZERO are terrible.    
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2000, 10:49:28 AM »

Not the best of the Godzilla flicks, but this was a good one. Ghidorah, was always my favorite of the evil monsters. My favorite of the Godzilla films, was GODZILLA VS KING GHIDORAH(1993).
Leonard Weirich
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2000, 03:50:38 PM »

GODZILLA VS. MONSTER ZERO (1965) was a pretty good movie and since I already own a copy of the movie on video, the action scenes were rad.  To see Godzilla and Rodan beat up Ghidrah was well worth it.

The aliens got their just desserts for trying to take over the world and Ghidrah got his just desserts for messing with two of Earth's true champions - Godzilla and Rodan.

Godzilla and Rodan rock!!
Yuri Rentfro
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2000, 02:25:15 PM »

One of the better Godzilla movies and yet it lacks the monster battles at the begining of the movie that we have grown to love.
Chadzilla
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Honda's brilliant, low key direction is what elevates this movie to B-movie greatness.  A whole lotta of fun to be had here, I just wish that there had been a tad more monster in it throughout the movies running time.  Nonetheless it does feature some truly classic choice moments, namely Godzilla's victory dance and Planet X's Fearless Leader remarking "Ah yes, a happy moment" in a complete deadpan.  Not to mention Nick Adam's barking "You stinking rats, what didya do to her?!" after his girl gets vaporized.  I love the way the camera swoops into a tight close-up of the alien's smoldering eyes just before he zaps her, Honda knew how to create tension and character in what other less talented directors would have simply tossed away.  Movies like this are what bring joy to my life.
Cham
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2001, 08:29:11 PM »

Wow, what a stinky smelly terrible wonderful movie. One of the coolest Godzilla movies. The little dance he does is worth it alone. I give it 4/5
Paul M.P.
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Classic Kitsch!  I'm not an ardent Godzilla/Toho fan, but what I read earlier rings true: they just don't make'm like this anymore.  It's my favourite of this VERY specific genre.  
THUNDERCLOUD [yes, I'm an indian.]
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I don't know how many other native americans are G-fans, But I certainly AM! And I agree with you guys, I'd rather have a blast watching a FUN, CHEESY, "DON'T TAKE THINGS SO SERIOUSLY" Godzilla movie from japan, than the male-bashing 'bind and gag him'{latently homosexual] kick him in the balls crap that James [I hate my own gender] cameron and other American producers crank out! I love the old Godzilla movies in particular. There is an innocence about them. ...INNOCENCE... Something sorely LACKING in American movies, and America it's self! LONG LIVE GODZILLA!! [Goofy dance and all!]                            
Man guy
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I had a head ache when I saw this movie but what I remember was cool.
Galoot
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"Here on "Planet X", everything is named by numbers.
mkgixnay
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie,heralding Ghidrah's return, only needed 2 monsters to defeat him this time. As great as'Ghidrah the 3 headed monster' was, this 'sequel-sorta' managed a total different spin and holds its own as the result of the demand by fans to see the space dragon again.
 It's too bad we didn't get to see him crossover with the Mechagodzilla era. Such a team up would have been the best tandem duo threat to monster island yet..
 BTW, perhaps there can be a review of 'KingKong Escapes'(of which i believe is an underrated release by Toho).  
Anon
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Fun movie, the dance especally. I would not call this a bad movie, MAYBE a b-movie. Maybe the site should be called the "B-movie" site, because it reviews quite a few older and newer movies that were/are good, but campy.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Godzilla vs. Monster Zero « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.