Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:47:47 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Godzilla vs. Monster Zero « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Godzilla vs. Monster Zero  (Read 103912 times)
Caronte
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2007, 05:05:21 PM »

godzilla happy dance...one of the best scenes ever!!  BounceGiggle

horseshoe crab
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2007, 12:58:55 PM »

Is this the same film as Invasion of Astro-Monster?
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2007, 04:50:16 PM »

Is this the same film as Invasion of Astro-Monster?

Yes, "Godzilla vs. Monster Zero" was just the English release title.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2007, 11:18:42 PM »

Ah, gotta love this film.  I actually thought the ending was fitting.  You always come away from most of the earlier Godzilla flims knowing what's going to happen, but this one surprised me a bit. 

Watching this film in either Japanese or English is odd.  It's weird to see Nick Adams's voice sync up perfectly while everyone else's is off, or vice versa.  Actually, I think the Japanese did a better job of dubbing Nick Adams. 
Xenorama
Dedicated Viewer

define "bad", please

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2007, 01:29:20 PM »

definitely one of the best Godzilla movies.

and it was unleashed on US theaters as MONSTER ZERO, the "Godzilla vs" was just for the VHS release.  MONSTER ZERO is just about the coolest title ever.

David

"The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder." ~ Alfred Hitchcock
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama Message Board
George
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2009, 03:10:05 PM »

Sequel to Ghidrah The-3 Headed Monster,this was made in 1967 but for some reason wasn't released here until 1970 under the name Monster Zero.Later released on video and DVD as Godzilla vs. Monster Zero,why Rodan wasn't mentioned in the new title is any ones guess.

A new planet behind Jupiter's causing magnetic disturbances.

Astronauts Glen & Fuji are sent up there to find why,they don't have long to wait.
Seems robots called Xites live there,also Ghidrahs having fun shooting up the planet,that's why they have to live underground.

They wanted us to come to for permission to get Earth monsters Godzilla and Rodan to defeat Ghidrah,if we do that they'll give us a miracle drug that will cure all disease,meaning we'll never die.

Who could resist that,so we agree!.A few questions,since these are robots,who made them,or did they just turn on there creators,the real inhabitants of the planet and kill them,and if Ghidrah's only driven off planet-x,where do you think he'll go?.

Turns out it's all a big lie,after a brief fight on the planet Ghidrah flies away,and Godzilla does the Highland Fling,(I believe he learned that from Nessie,it would seem to make sense,although no one in Scotland ever reported seeing this).

After returning to Earth,they play the tape,and Controller X says surrender the planet Earth to us or we'll use Godzilla Ghidrah and Rodan to destroy all of you!.

Our only chance is an A cycle literay,and Fujis sisters boyfriend Tetsuo,who's made an annoying device called The Lady Guard Alarm,just turn up the volume on your radios and TVs and wear earplugs!,oh and Tokyo gets destroyed,(like big surprise).

The horrible noise causes the aliens to finally commit suicide,and the monsters are free to try to kill eachother.

They end up crashing into the water,Ghidrah comes up and flies away,we won't see Godzilla until later that same year in Godzilla vs. The Sea Monster,as for Rodan,he'll have to wait till it's time for us to Destroy All Monsters.
Xenorama
Dedicated Viewer

define "bad", please

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2009, 03:21:57 PM »

MONSTER ZERO wasn't released in 1967, that was SON OF GODZILLA.  MZ was released in 1965. Rodan wasn't mentioned in the video title because he isn't a household monster name.  it's all about marketing, there.  the Xians (not Xites) are not robots.  GODZILLA VS THE SEA MONSTER was made the following year in 1966.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Astro-Monster

David

"The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder." ~ Alfred Hitchcock
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama Message Board
George
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2009, 06:14:06 PM »

Okay I see where I'm wrong about when it was made,but somehow,it just didn't seem to fit the criteria,what with Frankenstine Conquers the World being made along with War of the Gargantuas at about the same time.
However,many thanks again David my friend for giving me the opportunity to return to this sight,because once again I see where I missed a word or two.

The Xians,be they robots or machines wanted us to come to them so they could ask us for permission to get Godzilla and Rodan to fight off Ghidrah,which of course we all know by now was just a rouse to get not only Ghidrah,but Godzilla and Rodan under there control to try to make Earth part of there colony.
George
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2009, 06:38:09 PM »

Oh yes I forgot to say anything about Rodan,you are right,I remember now.

I said over at the Rodan sight,of the Toho 3 he wasn't as popular as Gaos,a fitting tribute to a Gamera foe,which raises another question for you to ponder,Godzilla vs. The Sea Monster,why didn't they call it Godzilla and Mothra Meet The Sea Monster?.Mothra's there national treasure.

I'm guessing because Mothra only had a bit part in this movie and really didn't meet the big shrimp,though he did get one good shot on Godzilla with one of wings.
George
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2009, 06:58:35 PM »

How do I do it!?,just one word,one,Mothra got a good shot against Godzilla with one of his wings.One or 1,I know I should proof read my thoughts before post,it's just one those things I get carried away with,I'll try to do better from now on!.

However we all can agree this is one of the best sights on the internet.

Many Thanks for Having it up and running Mr.Borntreger!.
MSC
New Visitor

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2012, 05:57:25 PM »

It's funny how bad sequels can get.  I was a big Toho fan until this one came out.

As a kid, the original Godzilla gave me nightmares for years.

In this one, Barney the dinosaur is a whole lot scarier than the goofballs in these rubber suits.

Coincidentally, I happened to use this very cinematic gem to make a point on a blog I write.

Great lessons from bad movies......

Cheers!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Godzilla vs. Monster Zero « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.