Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:19:55 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  For Your Height Only « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: For Your Height Only  (Read 46710 times)
manant
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I watched this film about five years ago.  My friend, a paranoid shcizophrenic (honestly thats the only bit about watching this film that wasnt a joke), assured us that it was the best film ever made.  Make of that what you will.  Knowing him and having watched the film it speaks volumes to me. The alarm bells should've rang when he talked about it obsessivly for three weeks prior to getting hold of it and making us watch it.  He then made us rewind it nd watch it again immeadiatly after it finished.  He can be quite persuasive when he wants to be.

Unless your mind is altered in some way, (my friends mind is, my mind was not) give this film a wide birth. The first ten minutes of utter disbelief very rapidly dissolve in to boredom and an overwhellming desire to self harm.
Patrick
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2000, 01:21:12 AM »

After stumbling across both this site and this review (For Your Height Only) I have decided to have a movie night with several co-workers and theme it around this movie.  I expect it will be within three weeks and I will post the results here.  It will be my first viewing also. It's available at a Tower Records near me.  I cannot wait!
MooCowMoo@aol.com
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2000, 09:50:23 PM »

The MooCow hasn't laughed this hard since "Drunken Wu Tang"!!
;=8)
tommyrot
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2000, 06:35:05 PM »

rarely do films become a source for,apparently,several 1000 in-jokes,but this one has!found in a bargain bin at woolworths for a few $$,we sat in total disbelief the entire running time.why hasn't this gotten a bigger push in the badfilm sweepstakes?put this on a double bill with 'Blood Freak" and you are asking for it.add "Black Devil Doll From Hell" and your children will grow up in a world of despair the likes of which we have never known..by the way,where are the entries for "Blood Freak" and "Black Devil Dol.."??no bad film site is complete withot them.see also "Giant Spider Invasion" and "Alien Factor"...
Andrew
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2000, 03:06:43 PM »

I read about this film first in Pete Tombs' book "Mondo Macabre", and when I ran across it in Tower, I HAD TO HAVE IT!!!

My favorite moment is the scene in the stairwell where Weng Wang  (or is it Weng Weng?  Wing Wong?)  ambushes one of the thugs.  It looks as if the AD tossed him over the railing at the poor guy!

Highly recommended!
Audrey
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is a GREAT pothead movie, I can't stress that enough!!!!!  TOKE and WATCH IT! :-)  After seeing it tons of times, I watched it while shrooming, and it was way too much... it sent me in to a depressing bad trip... but nothing a hot shower and good friends couldn't take me out of.  I think it was because of the bad acting, lol.  The best part is when the special weapons are being described by Weng Weng's boss... CAN he be more vague?  Hahaha!
Tossing
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2001, 02:58:40 PM »

Gotta love midget tossing
Mr Giant
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

this is my favorite film of all time...it is brilliant that other people know about it...all of my friends know all the dialogue off by heart...

the butcher the baker the candlestick maker...happy pushing..happy pushing...
twilight youth
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2002, 09:15:53 PM »

oh good god. i was on mushrooms this last 4th of july and someone put this on. needless to say i was speechless. i actually had to stop watching it because it was just TOO MUCH :0
daryl
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

All praise Weng Weng!!

This has been a cult classic amongst my friends since we bought it over 10 years ago. Now it's on DVD I hear, fantastic! Surely they made a sequel?

"Hey gringo -- one of these days you are going to wake up and find yourself dead!"

Now why can't hollywood make films this entertaining???
Jinxy Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Some of my favorite scenes in this movie involve the dubbing. They actually have British voices, and African American voices dubbed over these crazy Phillipino actors.
This move is hysterical.

dmentid
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Oh man I still can't stop laughing!!!  Typical PI action flick.  You know, where the bad guys shoot at the hero with machine guns and miss him even though he's standing in the middle of an open field.  The hero shoots the bad guys with a BB gun/water pistol/whatever and their car/boat/house/water buffalo explodes in a dazzling pyrotechnic display.  Great movie!!! Word of warning though: do not watch and eat popcorn at the same time.  The kernels will end up flying from your mouth when you laugh.
MLE
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Ok- when he randomly goes into the chinese resturant and starts using his dagger of goodness on the evil henchmen- didn't that look suprisingly like a recent Quentin Tarantino blockbuster???
Busterface
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2004, 03:09:57 PM »

The Weng Weng religion rolls on!!!!
killdeer
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2004, 08:26:10 PM »

A midget agent wow its look like tato(fantasy island)is loose (de plane de plane)its a bit like a couple of cartoons like inch high private eye and tom of thumb only these guy were real small
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  For Your Height Only « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.