Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:12:34 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Ice Pirates « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Ice Pirates  (Read 22424 times)
BoyScoutKevin
« on: May 21, 2005, 12:45:17 PM »

Thank-you for the review. I might have to see it again. While I saw it, when it was first released to theaters, the only thing that made an impression on me, or, at least, the only thing I remember about the film, was Anjelica Huston. Thank-you again for the review.
Randy Johnson
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Ah, this is a classic! It's one of those movies where you can just tell the cast had fun. I think that's what makes the film so infectious. It would be just another dumb movie otherwise. I saw it during its theatrical run when I was in junior high, and it still inspires a chuckle.
Radioman970
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Certainly this and Krull on DVD give new hope to the multitides of fun flicks we all love just waiting for a release.  

Urich's best work in my opinion.  The whole cast has a great time.  They don't make em like this anymore.  

Favorite scene is certainly the time warping bit.  But I also like the robot pimp.  It's all so Buck Rogers it's refreshing that it's way better than that 80s show ever was.  
Helmuut
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Ah yessss. One of my favorites to fall asleep to on a quiet Saturday afternoon. I do remember this from my teenage years.
Wonderful little flick.
Joshua Efron
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 01:09:10 AM »

My friends and I watched this movie expecting it to laugh at it for being horrible.  We did laugh the entire time, but every bit of humor was intentional on the part of the film.  I turned out to be one of the best films I've seen in quite some time.
vaguener2
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 12:03:46 PM »

Those skull big whelled car.... man... i bought this one just because the car... i laugh sooo much when people start to die and falls under whells.

i love this movie

ps: to my language the movie title is: "galaxy pirates"
Indy
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 08:34:28 AM »

I saw this movie opening weekend with my best friend when I was 11 (saw it the same day as "Tank".  I love it!  The day I found it on VHS years ago was like Christmas.  They really could use a Special Edition DVD/BluRay for this.
Ice Pirates
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 08:08:03 PM »

Just Talking about Pitch Black, and The Chronicles of Riddick, and talking about certain parts in the movie, and how I hope that the make a Presequal to Pitch Black
and at the end of the Conversation I make a comment about hope he (Riddick) didnt catch "Space Herpies"
and the fellow worker started to smile - knowning what that comment meant
Even now that movie still makes people smile, because it was a funny show, Maybe Stupid at the time,
but its a show that people still remember to this day!!!
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2013, 02:54:01 PM »

My dad took me to see this in the summer of 1984. As funny as it was in the movie theater, it has gotten even funnier over the years every time I watch it; the sign of a true classic! This is easily Robert Urich's best film, this and the tiny part that he had in Magnum Force (1973) when Dirty Harry killed him.

The time warp and the space herpe fiasco are my two favorite parts of the movie, but there are so many good parts scattered throughout that it's hard to pick any one scene that is better than the others. Plus, the multitude of talented actors caught "slumming" in this movie is hilarious in and of itself; Angelica Houston, Ron Perlman, John Carradine, etc.

Things I enjoy from this website: I learn something new every day. I did not know that the hot princess in this movie is Bing Crosby's daughter until today! I did not know that was John Carradine in this movie either.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2013, 08:30:28 PM »

This was on daytime HBO a lot in the early/mid-eighties.  Kinda stupid but I enjoyed it as a kid.. haven't seen it in 4ever.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Ice Pirates « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.