Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:56:08 PM
712921 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Justice League of America « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Justice League of America  (Read 41503 times)
Tboca
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Guys
I´m from Brazil, I´m really into comics stuff and I had the lucky (??) of watch this "thing" on television.
It's one of the worstest movies I've ever watched. Man, what were they thinking??? This is the JLA, the World's Greatest Supergroup!!
Stefan Robak
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2000, 07:30:09 PM »

I also discovered that the person who plays Ice is super-model Kim Oja.
Stefan Robak
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2000, 06:57:33 PM »

I found this at my local comic shop.  The owner of Strange Adventures (a comic shop franchise along the Canadian maritimes) brought it in from a comic convention and I borrowed it for this review.  It's not for sale but you can find or see stuff like this at conventions.  The also tend to show other stuff like the insidous Roger Corman's Fantastic Four movie (!) and the probably good (the director did Mask of the Phantasm) Gen 13 Animated movie (with the voices of Mark Hamill and Flea of the Red Hot chile peppers).  Also my local comic shop has a copy of the Story of Ricky!!
Aries
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"Why is it that no matter how much money Hollywood pours into a film based on a comic book they also some how manages to to miss the entire point."
Alexius
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2000, 04:41:11 AM »

Watched the 'movie' with my 6 year old. He's into comics and stuff, and you know, at 5pm on a Sunday, you figure this is the kind of superhero fantasy he's get into.

Wrong. Dud movie. He turns to me at the end and says,'that's it?

As a 6 year old, he did however, like Lantern's ring and the silly stuff it does. The fast and stupid things the flash does, and he particularly liked the Atom, which had to shrink and go under the shed to pull a cat out.

The rest of the movie? He turned to his transformer toys on the floor.

My own view is that writer wasn't sure whether to go serious, half serious or anti-serious. Seriously, it was bad.

kipstik_boz
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Dudes, this movie actually does suck. I always remembered flash as some mad hard guy, who could run DAMN fast! not some sad loser, who could run fast if he could remember how his legs worked. And green lantern is the sort of person who Jon Bon Jovi would call crap. Anyway, marvel kicks dc's ass so there. apart from batman. he rules.
Rena
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Being a fan of David Ogden Stiers first attracted me to seek out a copy of this show. It's so corny... so corny it's cool. I'm not into the comic books, so I really don't know how the characters are supposed to be. But I found it enjoyable :), the only thing is that the plot could have done without Martin aka "the creepy stalker guy" and should have had more of DOS.
gian
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Hi Guys! I'm from the Philippines... And I tyhink that the movie Justice League of America is actually very NICE... But, there aree some flaws for example are the FLASH and the GREEN LANTERN... The LANTERN is not a white guy bubt a black guy... And the flash like some of you said is good hard guyy... But, on the other hand the actors and the actresses in the movie did well... And also they couild have chosen a nicer plot in the movie... Till the next JUSTICE LEAGUE movie...
Reverse Flash
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

This was shown on Cable TV over here in England. It is truly terrible in every way.

The only funny point is when all the heroes go to their secret base in full costume. Their base in located near the dock and with their bright colours they woudl stick out a mile.
Davey boy
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

If this tripe never made on to US tv.
You're very lucky,I saw it on Channel 5 in the UK.

You wouldn't believe a film could be so bad.

IT'S MUCH WORSE!!!!
limey
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Another adaption that embarrasses comic-book fans almost, it seems, on purpose!
Avoid.
Arthur Gardineer
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2002, 01:27:25 AM »

How much was the costume budget?  Ten dollars?!
Josh
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Those cheap bastards. Where is Superman and Batman and Wonderwoman. POS movie. Green Lantern in Blue, The Flash is no leader either. And who is that fat bastard Atom Guy anyway?

You have to watch it, it is the greatest movie ever made!!!!
Mokonapuff
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Oy....There's so many pointlessly stupid things about this, it hurts. Take it away, take it away! No more, I beg you!
Ricky
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2004, 11:17:00 PM »

There are many Green Lanterns in the comics.The most famous one being Hal Jordan.He was in the JLA for many years and is a white guy and the one in this movie. You might want to read the comics Phillippines dude.The black Green Latern that is in the new cartoon was mostly put there for racial diversity.As far as the movie it sucked ass!That has to be the s**ttest JLA cast ever.Classic JLA cast, Batman,Superman,Aquaman,Wonderwoman,Hawkman,Green Latern,Martian Manhunter,The Flash........      nuff said.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Justice League of America « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.