Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:15:53 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  An American Werewolf in London « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: An American Werewolf in London  (Read 64516 times)
Omega Man
« on: April 02, 2000, 06:28:54 PM »

How could this be a bad movie? If anything,the s**tty sequel should be reviewed. Too bad Landis didn't get a chance to direct the sequel to this classic. The studios wanted a retread of the first one and Landis' script was too ambitious for them.
Sir Sword@AOL.com
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2000, 12:20:14 AM »

Many corporate films try to re-tread the path that many classic films create. Nosferatu started the Horror movie genre. Now, there are only Ebert knows how many vampire movies there are. Same goes for werewolf movies. This movie is in the House of Horrors website(It's pretty good!), so I'm not sure it belongs here. There are some B-movie qualities, but all in all, it's not a TRUE b-movie.
Demonicuss
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2000, 09:18:16 AM »

Truly a classic film.  The s**tter of a sequel only goes to show that movie studios today have no clue how to make a good film.
Squishy
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2000, 12:43:50 AM »

Watch for Rik Mayall of "The Young Ones" in the pub. Wow, did he get paid for that? (Please tell me you remember "The Young Ones"...)
Omega Man
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2000, 01:00:37 AM »

Yeah, I remember The Young Ones. It's been a long time, since I've seen that show!
Tony
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2000, 03:43:54 AM »

I don't know how this horror gem could be considered a bad movie! Oh well, we all have our likes and dislikes I guess. But as for me, I think this is definitely one of the best werewolf movies ever made, next to The Howling and the original classic, The Wolfman. Rick Baker's special make-up effects are simply superb and way ahead of thier time! Even tho its been done a million times, he was the first to show somebody transforming into a werewolf. Baker is another one of those make-up masters, along with Tom Savini and Rob Bottin, who helped create this whole genre and terrified millions in the process! This movie just pays homage to him and all the werewolf freaks around the world and is a nice addition to any horror fans collection.
Dirk Diggler
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2000, 06:50:13 AM »

Uncharacteristically sexy Brit nurse-Have you ever been to a British hospital?It's worth getting sick with some of those nurses I've seen!Anyway,it's a great film-definitely head to head with the Howling.I always thought that werewolves were underused in movies.If the Mummy can get another shot,who knows?
Artemis
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2000, 08:09:53 PM »

American Werewolf in London is far from a bad movie.  If anything, along with the Howling, it redefined a dying genre of successful horror films in the early 80's.  The atmosphere of American Werewolf is the best of any horror movie I've yet seen.  You must have been thinking of an American Werewolf in Paris when you decided to add this terrific movie to this s**tty site!!!!!
dustin(horror fan)
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2000, 01:43:10 PM »

Im kinda different when it comes to rating good and bad horror movies,and im ussually the oppisite of what people love like dawn of the dead,and so on classics but youll probably think im a big screwed in the head by a nail sucker but i didnt see much what made this movie terrorific!sure the begining with the howls and dreams were kinda creepy and the special effects kicked dawn of the deads ass!but i just think naked people and wierd endings make movies wacked out but the fully transformed werewolf looked cool.ill just stick to scary movies and awesome adventure,action,suspense, ETC.
Stupid Jacob
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2000, 04:12:30 PM »

This movie kick ass 3 ways to sunday. The transformation scence is amazing.
Lena
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2001, 02:44:35 PM »

Does anybody know where the beginning scenes were filmed? because I,ve had different places told to me. One person says it was filmed near London as was the rest of the film and someone else told me the moor scenes were filmed on the North Yorkshire moors. I would love to visit the moorland.
Andrew
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The Internet Movie database has a section for "Filming Locations."  The <A HREF="http://us.imdb.com/Locations?0082010">entry for this movie</A> has a few listed that might have been used.  I would guess "Windsor Great Park," but we would need to hear from someone on the crew to be certain.

Andrew
Georgiann
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This really isn't a bad movie at all, but a classic of the werewolf genre.  It's got fine transformations and special-effects make-up, an interesting plot combining humor/tragedy/horror, great atmosphere (especially in the creepy opening scenes), and neat moon-themed oldies on the soundtrack.
Harry
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Great Movie..Black Commedy...Camp....

Old Plot well done...introduces Jenney A...Miss UK....

Fantastic Music. Moon Theme..Van Morrisons Moon Dance, Blue Moon (2 vesions), Bad Moon Rising...etc.

Worth Owning in your Library..

Fortey
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Er...why wouldn't London have it's own SWAT team? It's an enormous city.  Also, why is this a B movie again?
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  An American Werewolf in London « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.