Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:33:09 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Krull « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: Krull  (Read 89349 times)
Paul H.
« on: April 13, 2000, 01:13:51 PM »

The debate is on!  Between Beastmaster, Conan, and Krull. What is the best pure fantasy movie around. While some may want to include Clash of the Titans I feel it lacks any of the atmosphere and actual tension of these three movies.  Beastmaster has the worst acting but has the best creatures. (those Bat people scared the hell out of me when I was young).  Krull is the goofiest but is the most complex.  Conan has the simplest story but that gives it its purity.  I guess I would have to vote Conan since after a few viewings you want to tell Mark Singer to shut the hell up, and Krull makes your head hurt.  But if it comes down to one time viewing; I can't decide.  
Vrian Sinth
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2000, 10:32:11 AM »

This is one of my favorite movie since I was a kid!  

I love it at the end of the movie when they're running out of the fortres onto the bridge, it breaks, and the stop to look back!!  Good one!!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2000, 07:10:48 PM »

James Horner's score really makes this movie work.  And it's the good old pre-Titanic James Horner too, not the "new" James Horner.
Mykii
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2000, 04:47:37 AM »

This is one of my favourite movies EVER!!

The best bit is the part in the swamp with the Changeling, It scared the crap out of me when i saw this in the cinema when I was a kid.

Intersting Tit-Bit

A work colleague of my Dad's actually made the prop for the Glaive (y'know the spinning bladed star thing) and a friend of mine knows the actor Alun Armstrong who played Torquil in this movie, Cool Huh?

Did you know that the Cyclops in this and Gort in Hawk The Slayer are played by the same guy? It's Bernard Bresslaw from the Carry-On Movies.
Kelly
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2000, 07:35:58 PM »

My mom (!) was the one who introduced me to this movie...which is surprising since she usually goes for films like "Ghost" and "Sleepless in Seattle".  Must've been the mushy love scene between the old guy and the spider woman...heh heh...  I was actually pretty impressed by it.  I love any movie with english accents, so I was happy even if it sucked, but, luckily, it didn't.  A fun little movie, with a lot of action, a bit of romance, and a hell of a lot of heroics.  A little too yucky for me, at least at the time -- I've developed a stronger constitution since then.  Haven't seen this movie in years, but the sound clips bring it AAAAAALLLLL back -- I'd forgotten that the web tinkled like chimes when he climbed all over it...and the spider scared the hell out of me...not a good thing for a mother to make her arachnophobic child watch this...
Devin
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2000, 05:12:50 PM »

Dude, this movie rocks!  Yeah, it's cheesy, but there are just some great scenes, some really cool angles and shots, and as the reviewer mentions, Ergo the Magician just makes the film.  I saw this in the theatre when I was a kid, and I remember having bought the Marvel comic book adaptation of the first half at the grocery store on the way to see the movie.  "...it's all very well to have a short name when you're twenty feet tall, but small people need large names to give them weight."  Brilliant.
John Isaksen
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2002, 05:52:13 PM »

I Think This Movie is very cool. Because of the special effects in it. My Favorite part is when the fortress explodes
Chris
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

It was amusing watching those 'slayers' try to move and fight in rubber outfits. They should have just relied on their laser rifles.

For a €27m film the special effects are a let down.
 The blue-screen work , as Andrew points out, is awful particularly the scenes with the Fire Mares.
The Beast is ruined using this method: in the Colwyn vs Beast battle, we are made to believe the monster is some way from Colwyn and approx five metres tall. So when the glaive strikes him, I was surprised to find it  had become a gigantic glaive! (they could at least have made a smaller prop for it)

And the lava in the cavern was wet.
Brian
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2003, 12:08:54 AM »

I absolutely loved this movie.  The musical score alone was enough to sell me.  And that glave?  That was just too awesome for words.  Anyone know what happened to the actual prop in the movie?  I wanna find out who has it to see if I can buy it!
Clint
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2001, 11:22:31 AM »

I must say, the spider outdid himself...his friend in Ator the Fighting Eagle should take notes.
Aurizen_Darkstar
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I thought it was a great movie.  Good special effects.  Plus, it was weird that I happened to rent this after seeing the movie "Dune".  The guy that playe Ynir, and the Widow are in that movie too.  Freddie Jones (Ynir) plays Thufir Hawat in Dune, and The Widow (forget her name) plays Lady Jessica in Dune.

The big surprise was that Liam Neeson is in Krull.  He was pretty unrecognizable (at least to me) when I saw it.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This film is now out on DVD. As in most DVDs, the pluses are in the added bonuses to the film. They include audio commentary w/ director Peter Yates, editor Roy Lovejoy, and actors Ken Marshall and Lysette Anthony. A behind the scenes
commentary. The broadcast TV "Journey to Krull" documentary.
A video montage of images from the Marvel Comic w/ sound from the film. Plus four still galleries, an audio essay from "Cinefantastique," and talent files and trailers. Like the cult film, "Lair of the White Worm," this is a cult film which one seems to either love or hate. Put me down on the love side for both films, thus, next to "Lair of the White Worm," this is the second DVD I plan to buy. Enjoy
Gareth
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

One of the best and most underrated films ever. It's got a giant spider in it for Gods sake!
steve
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

one of my alltime favs.  my g/f always askes why i buy these dvds(i have many godzilla and cartoon dvds)  you just can't explain to someone how cool this stuff is if they don't believe.
     what kid didn't want a 'krull' to throw in their toy box after seeing this film?  what?  the 'firemares' looked fake??  did anyone get why the'obi-wan'-like old guy and the widow of the web broke up? (she was hot when she was young)
     one of my favorite characters was the cyclops.  being able to see when you are going to die--how crappy is that?  slayers---looked very cool, with the sword/harpoon guns they used.  tell me this though, if they were so badass, why does their brain run away when they get hit once with a sword??
     reguardless, i loved this flick-----memories(da da da do be)
Derek
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie is killer.  It's really really bad and so excellently cool that i love it! :)  The guy who plays the "old one" is probably one of the worst actors i've ever seen!  He sucked in dune and he sucks in this movie too.  The princess is about the wimpiest woman alive, the prince is blind in his goal and pig headed as hell, the "army" are about as incompetant as can be, and the slayers fight with the collective intelligence of a junior programmer.  Nothing, but NOTHING makes sense in this movie!  I absolutely love it!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Krull « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.