Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:38:34 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Krull « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Krull  (Read 89363 times)
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2007, 11:31:14 AM »

A young pastry chef and his kingdom of dougnut magicians are attacked by the evil "Baker of Souls" and his minions filled with the vile "jelly of hell".
Go see : KRULLER!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Lucky
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2007, 09:19:22 AM »

Loved this movie as a kid, seen it in the theatre, great the way they staryted out so many and slowly got picked off one by one going to the castle. Best part by far is when the cyclopse gets crushed by wedging himself in the door of the castle so everyone could get through to storm it. Blew me away as a kid those types of films they seemed to stop producing them after this that? I do agree the beast at the end was a letdown, still two thumbs for this 80's kid.
The Rude Dog
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2008, 11:13:31 AM »

Siskel & Ebert shredded this film. I guess they thought better sci-fi was on the horizon. WRONG.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2008, 06:21:15 PM »

Siskel & Ebert shredded this film. I guess they thought better sci-fi was on the horizon. WRONG.

Which is why I never paid any attention to the opinions of Siskel & Ebert, and when Siskel died, I paid no attention to the opinions of Ebert & Roeper. If I had, I might never have seen two of my favorite films: "Krull" and "Lair of the White Worm."
The Slayer
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2008, 11:10:43 PM »

Come my children, seek the Slayer's wisdom at http://www.asktheslayer.therudenews.com/

Feisty Cadaver
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2008, 04:45:57 PM »

Even after all these years, the princess is still hot!
Alec
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2008, 12:57:58 AM »

hot Just watched this on TV what 25 YEARS after my mum took me to see it at the ABC cinema in Harrow!

I loved this film so much when I was a kid, I made up a game we used to play at breaktime called "Slayers" - basically it involved running around the playground at high speed and then fencing against your foe with one arm, aiming to score a hit and thereby win. Don't know what I was smoking but watching the movie brought back happy memories.

Watching as an adult, it's notable how BLEAK and NIHILISTIC the film is, as the hero's loyal companions get mown down in tragic and meaningless ways throughout - e.g. the guy who gets staked in that trap-room when he's just reaching for his dagger, or the guy who drowns in the quicksand, and obviously the cyclops who dies in the most horrendous and bloody awful way without remark!  Bluesad

The other thing that struck me is when the fire manes fly across the ravine near the end of the movie, it reminds me very much of Sigur Ros' Glosoli music video - I wonder if Krull was the influence for this beautiful scene?!
Wanderer
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2009, 06:38:11 PM »

Love that review. This is oddly one of my favorite films. I knew all the lines in this movie at one time. Had my first born been a son his name was going to be Kegen Alexander.
Jennifer
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2009, 11:33:24 AM »

I enjoyed this movie when I was a kid.  I am sorta a sci-fi geek anyway.  I love watching the old style animation.  It's a bit cheesy but in 1983 I thought it was awesome!  I watched it with my kids the other night and they really enjoyed it.  My favorite part is when the slayers rise out of the water.  It is so freaky.  This movie has so many great actors in it and I think that is worth a look.  Liam Neeson is so amazing.  Anyway, this movie makes me feel young again.
Mister Gone
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2009, 08:16:23 PM »

Sure it has Liam Neeson in it but no one recognized a young Robbie "Hagrid" Coletrain? He was the fat bandit! It's so great!
Jill
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2010, 07:41:25 PM »

Twirling I love this movie, my mom and I watched it when I was about 10 and now I want my 10 year old to see it.  I can't wait till it comes on tv I may just have to go rent it or buy it if I can find it. My favorite part is the flying clysdales with the flamming hooves. LOVE IT! hot
Chad
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2010, 12:42:58 PM »

I didn't much care for Krull. It has the makings of a great camp classic, but I at least need an explanation for the happenings of the film to enjoy it. I ended up ranting about it to my parents for hours to the effect of...

"Where did the aliens come from?!"
"Why are there aliens in a fantasy film in the first place?!"
"Why are the families fighting each other when they should be fighting the aliens?!"
"Why is The Glave such a important symbol?!"
"Why does The Beast absolutely need to bang Colwyn's fiance?!"
"If the Firemares are supposed to be so damn fast, how are they so easily captured?!"
"Why does The Glave let Colwyn use the force to guide it?!"
"Since when was Colwyn a Firebender?!"
"How did everyone get back home if The Black Fortress is constantly teleporting?!"
"Why does this movie make less sense than the backstory of 'Highlander 2: The Quickening'?!"

I felt like Jim Carrey at the end of Batman Forever ("Too many questions... Too many questions...").

Bare in mind that I love bad movies (Yor, Forbidden Zone, and Rocky Horror top the list). I just want a little explanation. And if you don't explain it, you had better keep me placated enough so I don't start questioning it.
A Big Teletubby
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2010, 03:21:00 PM »

Very funny and cheesy movie, some of the special effects were actually pretty good, like the slayers death when the things burrow into the ground and the changelings. Other bits were amazingly bad. I was very surprised that you missed one of the worst lines in the movie. When the heroes are getting attacked while climbing the fortress the fat bandit who was played by Robbie Coltrane takes a laser to the gut, and while dying, manages to say "You were right, the voyage was all worth it" and then dies!!! I thought that the people seemed amazingly unfazed and others deaths. When the seer dies his son is like "oh... He was my only family." Then the bandits tell him that they are his family now and he is immediately cheered up!
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2011, 09:14:44 PM »

I remember seeing KRULL in the theatres when it first came out (way back when I was a young teen) and thought it was pretty neat. 

But looking at it now, it's something that dosen't hold me attention for some reason.  I did, however, dig the Slayers and their laser poles and the way they would leave their bodily shells with that hideous scream when they were defeated.

Many of the replies allude to the same thing-it was cool then, but now it's like "what the hell were they thinking, and what the hell was I thinking for watching it?"

I guess you can really never go back again...

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
ralphyralph
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2011, 04:00:13 PM »

Yeah this is a seriously awesome B movie, on par with Battlefield Earth. Why only three drippy thingies for the rating? Should get top marks.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Krull « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.