Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:09:40 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Hawk the Slayer « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Author Topic: Hawk the Slayer  (Read 133055 times)
joegerrard
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This was the first film I ever watched, used to watch it over and over when I was 5 on Betamax. I still cant use a bow like crow. Peace out dudes, "The peace of the dead!"

Joe Gerrard, Lord of Cheshire.
gbofosho
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

In reply to knightsaber_priss_72@yahoo.com
Wow! With all the expletive laced reviews in here I'm beginning to feel like I'm in an AICN Talkback!....Yes they can be put to good use with the right storyline!

The LOTR triology has been made in the last 5 years whilst Hawk the Slayer was made 25 years ago...
jim(my)
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2003, 02:39:14 AM »

This is an excellent movie! Very inspiring to me and very imaginative. This move holds a much higher place in my heart than any fantasy movie in theaters these days. I definitely agree that it is reminiscent of a good old D&D quest. For those of you who wished to see a second stab at the fantasy genre by this team, check out Prisoners of the Lost Universe. Same Director and much of the same cast, including Crow and the dwarf!
Big Fat J
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2002, 04:12:14 AM »

Dude, I thought that I made a cheap ass movie in my head,but from my early childhood I could remember a pretty cool movie because nobody and I  mean nobody has heard of that movie so I thought I dreamnt it for along time
Brugger
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2001, 07:42:53 AM »

I saw the film nearly twenty years ago whenit came on TV and had it on video for all that time. I still find it a little hammy at best. I did read the book, which is slightly better, and when bored with nothing to watch on TV, i stick Hawk the Slayer on for a few laughs
Gavin Funhead
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I find it highly fantastic that there are so many other believers out there of this masterpiece. The one constant highlight is the awesome soundtrack, totally unique and I have at last found it to buy. As for the comment.

"be a good fellow and clear up the mess you made"
(gorts answer)
"I'd sooner eat cow dung"

greatest wittiest comeback in cinema history
A fine hog
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2000, 08:03:39 AM »

I think we're all agreed that this film is a cheap but cheerful pile of s**t really isn't it?The enjoyment comes from the fact that it is so much undemanding fun.You can chuckle at the pricelessly cheesy dialogue and scream with laughter at the shockingly cheap SFX-note the 'flying fire bolts'(neon ping pong balls)and the astounding amount of smoke machine smoke that floats around the woods.Also the dodgy plot and throw-away fantasy references e.g 'those dark years....' and all those towns that you hear about but never see e.g Danesford or Burnby etc. etc.
     I want everyone to submit their favourite piece of dialogue or moment from the film......NOW
         The contest gets better........
wendy
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I remember seeing this film on Aussie TV not long after it came out, I think I even taped it (on Beta, that'll tell you how long ago it was) I've always liked a bit of sword and sorcery and back then I thought It was pretty cool,(that's probably why I taped it) I think I had a bit of a thing for the elf as well.
tfm
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2000, 02:12:50 AM »

I try to return to this site every few months to update myself on what is arguably the best sci-fi film to date. The characters are colorful, and, with an outstanding music score--powerful. Those of you who delight in gratuitous profanity to make up for only having a brainstem to support you, I suggest that you tender your cinematic critiques for films such as Joe VS The Volcano--Hawk is way out of your league.( If I have offended you--that was my intention).
Mace
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

This movie is just great fun.
I also wacthed it for the first time as a kid in the mid eightes and I Loved it!
it is hokey but considering the quality of most fantasy films this is a real gem. Watch it for fun thats what its meant for!
Grunt
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2001, 05:09:27 PM »

Hawk the Slayer is all tremendous, hilarious fun. And as for the music, the music is really quit stunning and yet totally appropriate for this wonderful tat. I looked long and hard to find the music, and now I have it. I listen to it regularly - it really is that good. Honest, guv.
WRoach
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I must admit that although this movie is not particularly good, I really did love it.  I seen this movie as a kid and was really into the whole Dungeons and Dragons scene as well as Star Wars and sci-fi.  There is just something about this movie that I like.  I certainly don't pretend to argue that all the comments posted on it bad points aren't true.  I can't explain why, I just like it.  
Rob Illing
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This film is priceless.  I've tried everywhere to get it on DVD or VHS but to no avail.  The spaghetti western/pop soundtrack is so bizarre, and yet so appropriate at the same time.  Truly a brilliant classic.

"To whom do I have the pleasure of addressing myself?"
*Cheesy music hit*
"Crow"
Paul & Andy
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I introduced this film to my friend [Andy] last night and he couldnt believe his eyes or ears he said "Its Blake 7 meets Middle earth and the sound track is a blend of Kelly Maries [feels like im in love] Jeff Waynes [War of the Worlds] and Ennio Morricone`s Spagetti westerns.While i think its "A fine brew judging by the smell".
Dan
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2005, 12:47:06 PM »

Also remember folks, this was a TV movie, made by ITC, so is pretty impressive on those terms..
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Hawk the Slayer « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.