Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:04:00 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Hawk the Slayer « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: Hawk the Slayer  (Read 133049 times)
Sfssdthe biggest
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2004, 11:58:12 AM »

Biggest Film in fantasy genre of American History...Others are Legend and Excalibur
Grant
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2004, 04:46:00 PM »

This film rocks! Where the hell did they get that repeating crossbow,I want one. The best sound track ever!
Dax
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2004, 05:13:51 PM »

Hawk the Slayer may not have had the budget of blockbusters we see today but we are talking over 20 years ago(how quickly people forget)when D&D fantasy films were never heard of and movie FX was still very much in its infancy, I was 12 when I first saw it and I was blown away and as far as I am concerned this film is a bright star in amongst all the others definitely worthy of Cult Status a film that shaped the future of all fantasy films we have today oooh the sword, the music (wish I could find it) just a fantastic film.
David
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Hey we all know this movie is totally cheesy but its still alot of fun to watch. C'mon now you can admit it.You know you liked it.
Jen
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Sure the special effects weren't special, and the writing wasn't based on Tolkein, but I love this movie anyway. It is 100% pure entertainment from beginning to end. It is a lot like turkey bacon. Great for what it is, just don't expect it to taste like bacon.
Rykan
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Oh this film DID amuse me; as I kept yelling out, "Pure cheese! Chesse and ham on toast without the toast!" As  awful as it was, I couldn't drag my self away from this awful spectacle! The magic glowing sword, hula hoops and BOUNCY BALLS , and the distinctive amount of blood when people were killed, was enough to keep me watching the whole film XD
Mingster
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

They showed this on the BBC the other night. This is one of those "so bad it's good" films. I have never laughed so hard watching Jack Palance over act in that big helmet. And nothing says medevil england like disco music! This film Rocks!!
Evianrhall
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Saludos desde España colegas!!

My English is not the best. (so excuse me for the errors)
Im from Spain, Canary islands, exactly Tenerife. Im in true when i say that this movie its very apreciate in the roleplaying comunity of the city of Santa Cruz (tenerife´s capital).
There is anyway to get the soundtrack of this aweson freak movie?, really y need it!!!

This movie is great!, a roleplaying guy khows how to apreciate the movie. Really, tere are very few movies that brings me true diversion, one of this is Hawk the Slayer.

Que en español la han traducido a "La Espada Invencible".

Bye Bye From Tenerife, the land of the sun!!!.
Collin Pasternack
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Man, Hawk THe Slayer is one of the best Sci-Fi movies. I saw it on BBC1 at around 24:00 and couldn't stop laughing. The TV Guide billed it as "Pseudo-Mythical tripe." I really want a DVD release with actors commentary, and deleted (plot) oops, sceenes. As to people saying its a "big pile of crap," well, I wouldn't say so, it takes a lot to make a movie...They were trying their best! Or, maybe they weren't, come to think of it. However, it is a great watch and a lot of fun.
Mike Smith
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I've seen this movie a zillion times.  I wish somebody could tell me why.
Brian Willard
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This film is so bad it's good. I don't recall seeing it on MST3K, but it cries out for that kind of treatment. I think it's a great film, and it shows what kind of fun you can have with a low budget and a truly desperate Jack Palance.
Goose
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I just finished watching this on DVD and thought I'd have a look on the net for a mind sword. Didn't find one but I found this page. Glad I'm not the only closet Hawk fan.

"some people just don't know when to keep their mouth's shut"
Tommy
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2005, 11:49:59 PM »

Many years ago I wondered if Hawk fans would muster the strenghth to petition the studio to producea DVD. To those of you who had the sack- many thanks.
Dan
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I remember loving this film when it came on TV originally; then I had to wait until the DVD to see it again- I nearly forgot about it entirely, because they never showed it on TV much at all ( I wonder why?!) It's hard to say why, but it is genuinely one of my favourite films, and is on a par with Dragonslayer as my favourite fantasy film. Bernard Breslaw kicking arse- what more do you need in life?
Cod666
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2004, 10:30:18 AM »

Hawk the Slayer is cheap and tacky, but it is one of my favourate fantasy films of all time..the music in the film is great..the story is cool even if a little cheesey in places...this film would definatly deserve a remake....long live glowing green transporters....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Hawk the Slayer « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.