Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:42:30 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  I Love Maria « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I Love Maria  (Read 15086 times)
Gojulas
« on: April 17, 2000, 01:12:28 PM »

I've always really enjoyed this movie.  The special effects may seem clumsy, but the film makers made an ernest effort and it shows.  The triumph of the three nerdy friends at the end should put a smile on the face of anyone who's ever felt like an outsider.  Plus Maria is a babe!  She's the wet dream of any geek, a beutiful robot who obeys your every command and can kick butt!
All in all, a really fun movie.  <Spoiler alert>Plus, they never eat the dog.  Their compassion over rules their hunger.
fenris@badmovies.org
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Kyunghun Jung was kind enough to point out a few errors I made, the worst of which was substituting "Japanese" for "Hong Kong" in the review.  That's already fixed.

He also said it appears the subtitles are misleading toward the relationship between Maria and Brother.  They are actually not related and instead are students of the Master.

Some final facts he provided:

Maria is Sally Yeh (the Killer, with Chow Yun-Fat)

Whisky is played by Tsui Hark.  He has been involved in a number of excellent films, <A HREF="http://us.imdb.com/Name?Tsui,+Hark">just look at his IMDB profile.</A>

Oh, to have a proofreader with such skills!
craterz
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I really wish there were more movies this fun out there.  I recently got a copy and have been most pleased with the purchase.  It's amazing how much they could pull off without the big expensive computer effects in Hollywood movies nowadays.  The characters are alot of fun, especially when they interact with each other.  Great running gags.  And Maria is on heck of a babe.
Colin G. Davis
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I'm glad to see others enjoyed this film too. Oriental humour is often pretty clumsy and an acquired taste, but this picture  I did find funny. The will-they-won't-they scene with the dog was great, because in a Hong Kong movie, where ANYTHING can happen, it seemed they really might eat the pooch.
Each time I watch a Hong Kong movie with an actress I hadn't seen before (in this instance Sally Yeh), I think, Wow, where do they keep finding them? Not only are they great looking, they usually have talent and personality.
JBFletcher
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 03:12:27 PM »

I have not had the pleasure of viewing this flick, but find the similarities between the posted pics and Maria from Fritz Lang's Metropolis amusing. Ouch.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  I Love Maria « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.