Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:16:02 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Night of the Living Dead « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Night of the Living Dead  (Read 69083 times)
Richard Of Portland
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Night of The Living Dead is what horror movies should be, not just young horny adults screwing around while a serial killer knocks them off one by one.

I say this movie as a young Child, For months I was scarred silly and feared cloudy days.
Ashleigh
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This film wasn't really that scary, but I still consider it a classic. I haven't watched it more than once, and I don't care if I ever see it again. Well worth the experience, but really just OK. Sorry, everyone!
Chris
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I watched this film many years ago as a kiddy when it first came out and wasn't to impressed . However after watching it again as a mature individual I discoverd the film was actually a chilling social comment , in which maybe the director is suggesting that "we" the humans are the monsters.

The best character in this film is the mad prof who dishes out ruthless information to the s**t scared public.

Indeed the death of the lead character at the very hands of his suspossed saviours is still frightening to this day and gives rise to further debate about gun toteing mobs and non-cocasian folk.

Still as zombie films go its a must, its still at the core of this genre and shouldnt be ignored.

Chris -England-

Dr. Maniac
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

When Johnny says his famous line "They're coming to get you Barbra!" the film historians all say he is imitating Boris Karloff.  Is it just me or does he sound more like Roddy McDowall?  Also, Johnny is killed when his head slams into a tombstone (symbolic, I know but that isn't the point here) if the impact was strong enough to kill him shouldn't it have been to insure that he WOULD NOT return to life since we later learn a heavy blow to the skull can kill a zombie?
   Hey I am not trying to spoil the movie for anyone, I was just wondering.
kellie
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2001, 09:39:43 PM »

This is the only horror movie that can still scare me no matter when I watch it. I tried it in the afternoon with friends, and it still made me nauseous. Great surprise ending and incredibly realistic gore. A must see!!
Chris Schneider
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2003, 08:07:49 PM »

You have to admit that they where the most considerate zombies ever to walk this planet; the way they stood in line by the car, waiting for their turn to pull those entrails out for dinner, shows that they have more manners than most people at a deli counter in a supermarket.
APOCTOOT
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is a true classic.  With a surprise ending and twists at every turn, it is second in zombie movies only to Dawn of the Dead.  Note: You may watch the 90s version of the movie...but it just isn't the same.
Myddrin
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I'm shocked...

There must be no Pittsburghers who read this site!  No mention of the Bill Cardille cameo.  Just about any one whose lived in PGH knows "Chilly Willy", a bad-movie show host whose show ran for years, and years and years(also a local journalist). He show was so popular with local bad movie buffs, that they still talked about it when I movied there in '90...almost 5 years after the show went of the air. (They did a special reunion show for a PBS drive in 93 or 94...)

Romero, an alumnus of Carnegie Mellon (my alma-mater, a small school in pgh), but him in as a tip of the hat to the PGH area, as he did with most of the town names.  (the ones that go across the bottom of the screen during the news casts)

Most of the towns listed are within a 100 miles or so of PGH...makes for _very_ crepy watching this film in the city itself. (Probably intentional, as given the budget, they probably didn't think it was going to be seen elsewhere).

If you know someone in PGH who hasn't seen this, do yourself a favor...arrange to visit them for a few days and throw this in. They will total freak.

---
Myddrin

(PS: the Mall in Dawn of the Dead is the Monroeville Mall, one of the first malls to open in the PGH area.)
Masked_Nerd
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Holy crap. My dad made me watch this movie as a child, and it warped me for life. I sleep with a baseball bat under my bed. I plan for 'zombie invasions.' I read every book on the subject. I play a lot of role-playing games, most involving zombies (Eden Studio's All Flesh Must Be Eaten; very nice, and White Wolf's Hunter: The Reckoning). And this is one of my favorite movies of all time. Egad, I get chills thinking of it. WHen Ben dies, it p**sed the crap out of me. When Mr. Cooper's daughter eats him . . . when the accident that caused the walking dead isn't explained well . . . wow. Mr. Romero, my hat goes off to you. You've ruined my life.

Keep up the good work!
scott b
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is still one of the best horror movies ever made. Even the awful remake in the early 90' just show's you how good this picture is. It say's a lot for director Romero, who also scored with Dawn but missed the mark with Day.
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I really like this movie if you are a zombie fan like I'am you shouls check it out. If you like this one you should check out the 1990 verison of it. I think this one is better though.
johnny lockjaw
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Not to be a dick, but this dubious honor we're tossing around here would probably go to White Zombie (1933) over three decades before Last Man ever came out.  That's to say, if not to some other movie, that being the earliest zombie flick I own.  They didn't eat flesh in that one though, so you may have me on a cinematic technicality.
Ponch
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Night of The Living Dead is a great movie. It is one of those movies that you never forget. I was shocked as hell when Ben died at the end but in my mind I was thinking man it's 1968 and the black guy isn't dead yet.
zero g
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This film is one of my all time favorites.This did'nt require any fake kung-fu fights or any of that cartoon crap,this was zombie survival at it's best.
Ludovico
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I first saw this flick at the long-defunct Orsen Welles Cinema in Cambridge, MA.  I was living in Waltham at the time (1970) and had just graduated high school.

Anyway, my friends called and picked me up and we smoked a huge bowl of hashish beforehand.  By the time I walked in the theatre, I was ready for anything.  Except this. What a jolt!

I watch it to this day and can't get enough of this classic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Night of the Living Dead « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.