Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:02:58 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla  (Read 50091 times)
PLD
« on: May 18, 2000, 08:14:20 PM »

Is King Seesar a larger version of the puppet used as the cat demon in Uninvited?
Thundercracker
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2000, 10:22:07 AM »

Once again, it seems I must come to the defense of my favorite rubber monster.  Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla is one of my favorite G-flicks.  The old Mechagodzilla rules, it's the grooviest G-villain since Gigan.  And the new Mechagodzilla is a damn wuss in comparison.  Long live old-school Godzilla!.
Squishy
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2000, 03:29:07 AM »

It may be blasphemy, but I like the "King Seesar" song more than the "Mothra" song. (Both are included on "The Best of Godzilla: 1954-1975" CD from http://www.gnpcrescendo.com) It's doubly funny if you understand a little Japanese; the priestess sounds like she's coming ON to the giant mutt. Ugh.
Syke
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2000, 09:26:56 AM »

In my humble opinion, Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla is the best Godzilla movie so far. Sure, King Seesar looks like he came straight from Toho's monster rejects (I'm sure the artists had a better look for this guy)and Mechagodzilla's death was a bit ridiculous (I guess Godzy missed the Do not Twist Head warning sign)but it has its moments (watching Godzilla and Seesar use each other as a shield from Mecha's weapons is hilarious, as is Seesar's so-called defense mechanism)Personally, this movie should have gotten at lwast one more slime than it did, but i won't tell you how to do your job.
Slam
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2000, 07:33:55 PM »

Oh puleeeeeeze, Godzilla fans! "This is the best of the Godzilla movies, except for... and the.. and that.... oh, yeah and the..." Your best is littered with a hundred compromises? The best isn't listed: Godzilla 2000.
Chadzilla
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This outing features a nice, strong story with an actual sense of mystery to it.  Outside of the goofball moment when King Cesar's ear stick up this one is as serious in tone as the early Godzilla films, a real step away from the kiddie pop flicks.  My favorite part in this move is when the skin from MechaGodzilla gets ripped of and the shimmering metal is first exposed.  Godzilla does a double take that is just classic, on little movement gets across that he isn't a brain dead mutant, that there are actually brain cells ticking away in that there cranium of his.
Robert Ranting
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

FYI Toho did NOT create King SHISA!

The "Pekinese" as he was called here is actually a LION god of protection of Okinawa.  Toho made a horrible suit based on the statues of the creature which can be found all over Okinawa (goto Okinawa.com if you don't believe me!) and renamed it Seesar for Copyright reasons. (read: They couldn't copyright the ancient legend of Shisa, though you can tell it is still SHI-SA in the the song).  

Don't rag on King Shisa if all you know of him is what you saw in this infernal film!

Cant Blame The WANG!
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

HEY!!To all you G-fans..This movie IS one of the few "laughfests"ever to see.In fact Mechagodzilla is my #1 baddie of the bunch and would love to see him(?)whup on so-called "king"Ghidrah-now THAT would ROCK!!However we all must honor the one hit wonders like Seesar(plus Varan the unbelievable,Titanosaurus and JetJaguar.)By the way,has anyone seen the OTHER mothra twin??
Leonard Weirich
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2001, 12:11:11 PM »

This 1974 classic was truly one of the finest movies that I had ever seen.  To see King Seesar and Godzilla team up and defeat Mechagodzilla as convincingly as they did was sure worth it.
Josie
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2002, 05:39:28 PM »

*sniffle*  Darn you, Ranting, why did you have to go and destroy all my illusions?
tyler
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Possibly the most blood in a Godzilla movie.My sister thinks that godzilla looks like a giant terd.(MY SISTER IS A FAT DISGUISTING PIG!)She calls seasar:"Seadog",Mechagodzilla:"Megagodzilla.But enough about my stupid sister!This G Flick is Fair.The monkey men from space are my fav.aliens in a Godzilla movie,next to the cockroach people in GODZILLA V.S.GIGAN.
Daniel Reeve
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2003, 01:25:13 PM »

I love all of the Godzilla movies I saw but this was one of my favorite movie.I also noticed that it was freseing a little soyou mite want to do something about that.
Nathanial Meade
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Hey Andrew, don't diss Seasar, Pek's are mean ass little dogs, I hate them. Only those damn weiner dogs have worse tempers.
Pat McGroin
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I bought this movie when I was 8 and haven't really watched it since the 5th grade. Think i might watch it again. Also, for you former Power Ranger freaks, remember the Dragon Zord from the first season? The missle fingertips were a dead-on rip off from this movie. See also King Kong vs. Godzilla for more Godzilla fun.
Kooshmeister
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Haven't seen this one in a while, but I recall it being among my favorites. I felt sorry for poor Angilas/Anguirus though . . . he'll be eating soft food for months after what Mechagodzilla did to his jaw.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.