Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:05:03 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Eegah! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Eegah!  (Read 69877 times)
Tyler
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Oh Man!
  The posts are right, Eegah should not be watched without the Mst3k boys. Rough stuff.
  I was pondering some theories behind this movie and I have reached this conclusion...the reason Eegah was made was to promote the flawed premise that Arch Hall Jr. is a leading man and...ugh...a teen heartthrob.
  Think about it. He got top billing on the movie poster, the camera focuses in on his rancid face for extended shots more  (Just as he did in the other Arch Hall Jr. vehicle "Wild Guitar).
  Arch has gotten his share of critisism for his facial features ('Cabbage Patch Elvis), and while some of it is justified, and while is acting is subpar and his songs in the movie are even worse, his was not the worst crimes of this move.
  That distinction belonged to Marlynn Manning (Roxy). First of all, Arch is butt-ugly but he looks somewhat like a teenager. Roxy looks about 35.
  And those lines... remember these?
  Mr Miller- "If we told them that a caveman were to actually exist, they'd hunt him down like an animal"
  ROXY - "No they wouldn't! We wouldn't let them!"
foy
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2000, 01:17:57 AM »

I've only seen the MST3K version of Eegah, and that is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen in my life.  I don't know if I'm up for the original though.  I learned later that the famous "Watch out for snakes" line was actually the movie's director warning the actors to watch out for snakes as they acted out the scene.  I don't see why they couldn't have edited that out, but barring any scenes in the original that may have been left out of the MST3K version, that's the only funny part in the entire movie not contributed by Joel and the bots.  WATCH OUT FOR SNAKES!
Stefan Robak
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2000, 05:06:57 PM »

OK.  Let me get this straight Arch Hall Jr. (Tom) is dating Roxy, whose father is Arch Hall Sr.  Anyone else disturbed by this?  Isn't this indirect incest?
Marty Busse
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2000, 03:36:14 PM »

Genesis 4 has only 26 verses.
Jelger Dees
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2000, 05:48:08 AM »

Well, It's not a very good movie. But sometimes, it's also nice to see a movie that isn't good!
Mark
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2000, 05:16:29 PM »

this site is really great, tons of pics and sounds, if your looking for more information on richard kiel, you should try my web site, <a href="http://www.angelfire.com/nh/kiel">The Shrine to Richard Kiel</a> (http://www.angelfire.com/nh/kiel).
peter johnson
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2000, 12:25:57 PM »

This movie distinguishes itself with the worst background scenery since the silent era.  I refer here to the interior of Egah's cave, wherein one can clearly see, in full view, the "stone" peeling away from the plywood walls like the poorly painted burlap/canvas that it is!!  I mean, the camera positively LINGERS on this obvious error.  gawd . . .
Justin
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2003, 12:52:14 AM »

Easily one of the worst movies ever made.  The MST3K version is the only watchable one.  Stemlow.  Oh, and watch out for snakes.
jaba
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Well, this movie was certainly interesting. I definitely reccommend people with weak stomachs not to watch this because Arch Hall Jr. is not a pleasant person to look at. i have seen a number of his awful movies and i have had to fight myself not to jump off the couch, take the movie out of the VCR and hurl it off a cliff. I have seen both the MST3K and the original version and they both make me vomit but if you really must see one i would suggest the MST3K version its a little bit better. I love the part where ol' Arch is working in the gas station and one of the robots in the front yells out "sorry about my face" as he turns around to face the camera for the first time in the movie.And for the record i did taste a bit of vomit in my mouth as Arch faced the camera.GOOOOOO! hes an ugly one.Oh yea and WATCH OUT FOR SNAKES!
Jase
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I agree with Demonicuss                          

You should watch the MST3K "Eegah!" version.

"Did i mention my tyres are filled with water?"

An absolute gem...
Jordan Garren
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

OUCH! Even with Joel and the 'bots (MST3K) EEGAH! hurts....A LOT! You've already read about the hell Andrew Borntreger went through watching it, Un-MST-ified. So don't watch it without the company of the Crow T. Robot, Tom Servo, and Joel Robinson! I'll now leave you all with some of my favorite parts of this Mistie Episode:
The opening credits where we're treated to the cast and crew's names crudely painted on the mummified remains of cavemen. Crow blurts out, "Welcome to the Crypt...heeheehee...we've...DUG something up for you...heeheeheehee...Stay Tuned for "Dream On"..it's the BREAST SHOW on Television....heehee...kill me."\\

A random voice yells "Watch out for Snakes!" this becomes a favorite phrase for Joel and the bots  (even into the next episode of "Mitchell").

Tom Servo refers to Arch Hall Junior (Roxy's ugly boyfriend) as a "Cabbage Patch Elvis."

Roxy is picked up by Eegah so much that Joel says "she should have a handle!"

Creeps
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I'm a big MST3K fan...but, this one was still painful for me.  Not Manos painful, mind you.  Then again, nothing is Manos painful.  Still, there were quite a few laughs to be had.  And, I would like to add that I hate Arch Hall, Sr.  And Arch Hall, Jr.  Hate them.  A lot.
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Richard Kiel finally comes out of the cave to witness horrible society, and the requisite dumb humans come to make his stay as uncomfortable as possible.  Out of all the girls the sad caveman could fall for, he picks the one who looks most like an MTV teenybopper, with brains to match. The MST3k treatment is almost, but not quite as hilarious as Kiel's dime-store beard attached to his head w/a string.
lostmissy
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2001, 12:16:20 PM »

the bone probably came with the skin of whatever he wears in the movie (bear?, bison?,? in the desert?) This movie is just one of those magic moments of sheer disbelief that only a really bad, really really cheap monster movie can create. And the song (dedededumdum!) If you are looking for the trifecta of bad movies,  I would nominate plan 9, robot monster and Eegah!    
manda
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I also saw the MST version, and my best freind and i laughed our asses off the whole time. It was hilarious!! *EEGAH CHACKA EEGAH EEGAH EEGAH CHACKA* another of my favorite parts was when they were going "rooooooxxxxyyyy!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Eegah! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.