Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:20:51 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Lair of the White Worm « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: The Lair of the White Worm  (Read 81848 times)
movieguy247
New Visitor

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2008, 09:26:45 AM »

I totally dig this movie! It's so weird that you can't help loving it. It opened in January 1989 (here in Philadelphia) at the same theater that ran "Rocky Horror Picture Show" every Fri and Sat. I missed it at the time but caught it on video in May 1989. Ken Russell is definitely a unique director. Anyone see "Altered States" (1980) or "Crimes Of Passion" (1984)? Check them out.
the dambton worm !
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2008, 05:26:21 PM »

hey i see emilio perez machado has posted in this threat!
IF YOU EVER COME BACK TO READ THIS:
i really need a cd of you and your work !
i just cant find anything on the web.
it's impossible.
maybe you never released one. but i gotta know !
 damn i love the dambton worm !

why don't you have a homepage or at least a myspace page ??

please mail me if you read this... gotta get in contact with you !

cheers !
uli  Drink Cheers
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2008, 07:31:25 PM »

I totally dig this movie! It's so weird that you can't help loving it. It opened in January 1989 (here in Philadelphia) at the same theater that ran "Rocky Horror Picture Show" every Fri and Sat. I missed it at the time but caught it on video in May 1989. Ken Russell is definitely a unique director. Anyone see "Altered States" (1980) or "Crimes Of Passion" (1984)? Check them out.

I've seen "Altered States," but except for clips on youtube.com, I haven't seen "Crimes of Passion." Which one did you see mg247? The edited one or the unedited one? The unedited one is suppose to be better, as it creates more empathy for the heroine.

I have seen some of his other weird and non-weird films. Oh, wait . . . He doesn't make non-weird films, Some of his more weird films I've seen include "Lair of the White Worm," "Salome's Last Dance," "Aria," "Gothic," "Altered States," "Valentino," "Tommy," "The Devils," and "The Music Lovers." Some of his less werd films I've see include "Billion Dollar Brain," "Women in Love," "The Boy Friend," "The Rainbow," "Women and Men: Stories of Seduction," and "Prisoner of Honor."
Rebecca Smith
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2008, 07:52:32 AM »

Emile, It's me... Rebecca! Not sure if you'll check in on this site again, if you do, e-mail me... It's been nearly 20 years!!! It'd be so, so magic to catch up with you... My fingers, toes and eyes are crossed - hoping you'll see this message.
J.D.
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2008, 05:12:52 AM »

Sadistic sexual attacks on religious women are one thing but bad female grooming habits is where I draw the line in the sand.

Oh come on now. You don't mean it.     Wink 
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2008, 06:24:24 PM »

Sadistic sexual attacks on religious women are one thing but bad female grooming habits is where I draw the line in the sand.

Oh come on now. You don't mean it.     Wink 

Did anyone notice, besides myself, that the women in the film have more hair on their legs and under their arms, than the men in the film--Hugh Grant (Lord James D'Ampton), Lloyd Peters (Jesus Christ), and Chris Pitt (Kevin)--have on their chests? What's up with that.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2009, 03:02:53 PM »

Maybe not Ken Russell's best film (although, then again, it may be) but certainly his most fun.   

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Torgo

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2009, 09:10:22 AM »

I just recently got this fun and twisted flick on DVD and am looking forward to re-watching it this weekend.  Easily my favorite Ken Russel movie to date next to Crimes of Passion & Whore.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2009, 05:17:40 PM »

I just recently got this fun and twisted flick on DVD and am looking forward to re-watching it this weekend.  Easily my favorite Ken Russel movie to date next to Crimes of Passion & Whore.

Togro, after you see it this weekend, how about posting your thoughts on it? I, for one, would like to hear them.
James Perry /Radioman970
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2009, 10:00:43 AM »

The odds....chopping a woman in half with a sword too big for Conan.  Then.  Falling over a set of f'ing drums!!!  Hahahahhaha!

I've about decided to buy this one for my October Horror thon.  Looks hilarious!  
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2009, 03:52:16 PM »

That sword used in the film is called a Zweihander or two-handed sword, because it requires two hands to use it. If you want to practice with one, before you have to use it, so you don't look like a doofus like Hugh Grant in the film, there are websites, where you can purchase replicas of the sword. The actual sword itself was as long as six feet, but the longest replica I've seen for sale on the internet, is somewhat less than that.
victor
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2010, 03:12:05 PM »

catherine oxenberg in a bra and panties, tied up and helpless and struggling is a major turn on for me,as well as being controlled by a naked Amanda Donahoe. Fantastic!
Spanish Girl
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2010, 12:34:57 AM »

Seriously love this movie.  It was the first real horror I'd ever seen and been able to make it through without constantly looking over my should in broad daylight.

Amanda Donohoe is brilliantly cast and I feel sorry for the kid in the hot tub!
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2010, 07:42:52 PM »

Seriously love this movie.  It was the first real horror I'd ever seen and been able to make it through without constantly looking over my should in broad daylight.

Amanda Donohoe is brilliantly cast and I feel sorry for the kid in the hot tub!

Yeah, but didn't the kid have a great time till she bit him and then drowned him in the tub.

A couple of things about that scene. The actor who played the kid was named Chris Pitt, and, he was apparently only 17, when he did that scene with Amanda Donohoe? Does anybody know what happened to him, as he dropped out of acting about a couple of years after he appeared in the film, and I haven't been able to trace him. Since I wanted to ask him how it was to appear in that scene, as some actresses don't like to work with an actor that young, but Donohoe apparently didn't have any problems appearing in the scene with him.

And that tub, while it is often refered to as a hot tub, I think it is more likely what is known as a sunken bathtub, as the tub is sunk beneath the level of the floor, which is probably why you don't see them that much anymore. And if you want to see another great scene taking place in a sunken bathtub, then watch Claudette Colbert bathing in asses milk in one in "The Sign of the Cross" from 1932.
WildHoosier09
I'm the one who looks like he can use a keyboard
Bad Movie Lover

I've got to find out what causes this and put a st

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2010, 10:08:54 PM »

Saw this movie on the "on-demand" one night.  Nice full version with no editing out of the nasty parts.   Right as the girl touches the LSD/toxin on the crucifix and the movie dumps into one of the most bizarre/blasphemous sequences I have ever seen, my wife comes downstairs.  She had no clue what I was watching and just started yelling "turn it off!" I eventually got it off, but started it up after she left.  Some people just can't appreciate bad cinema.  I agree the song was the best part of the movie though and also seeing Hugh Grant in a movie which actually has a body-count to it rather than a romantic comedy was novel. 

The only difference between zombies and toddlers is one is cuter than the other.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Lair of the White Worm « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.